Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official Youtube.com Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Bon Jovi | Live at Monsters Of Rock | Donington 1987 - YouTube

In 1987, two years after their first there, Bon Jovi headlined the "Monsters of Rock" festival in Donington! That year's event proved to be the only one with just American bands in the line-up. As successful as playing to an audience of 97,000 people might've been, it was like going through hell for Jon:
"That first Donington festival [1985] actually was a good gig for us; you're in that great poised-to-happen slot. And then we came back and we headlined, and I was ready to die! We shouldn't have been there. I was really too physically ill. I should have enjoyed that period of my life, but I didn't get a chance because of the huge explosion of that album and that tour and everything and our desire to just go go go! We were burned! I couldn't sing and we looked like death. And it wasn't just that show, it was the whole time. I was shot up with steroids and anything else they could give me to keep me working. I was a a total wreck. I didn't know it at the time, but I know it now. The powers that be should have said **** it, go home, go sleep for six months, and they didn't..."
The start of the show already went off the rails: Jon had climbed up the stage to make a spectacular entrance by sliding down a rope which went completely unnoticed since the people working the spots for the band members weren't on their place in time. The same thing caused Richie to fall down the stage's stairs during the start of Raise Your Hands. Audience videos of this and I'd Die For You are linked in the final 20 seconds of this upload.
For the grand finale, Paul Stanley, Dee Snider and Bruce Dickinson joined Bon Jovi on stage. The first two had already jammed with the band back in the US three weeks earlier. Metallica were also invited, but declined after Bon Jovi had flown over the festival site with a helicopter during their set earlier that day.

Setlist:
01. Pink Flamingos [0:00]
02. Raise Your Hands [3:21]
03. I'd Die For You [8:21]
04. Tokyo Road [12:51]
05. Jon greeting audience [19:24]
06. You Give Love A Bad Name [21:26]
07. Wild In The Streets [24:59]
08. Jon talking #1 [30:06]
09. Not Fade Away [31:12]
10. Never Say Goodbye [33:39]
11. Livin' On A Prayer [39:16]
12. Let It Rock [44:52]
~ We Will Rock You [50:22]
13. Guitar Solo [56:43]
14. Drum Solo [1:01:37]
15. Get Ready [1:03:01]
16. Jon talking #2 [1:09:13]
17. Runaway [1:09:57]

Encore:
18. Wanted Acoustic Intro [1:18:05]
19. Wanted Dead Or Alive [1:23:24]
20. Drift Away [1:29:38]
21. Jon introducing jam guests [1:36:54]
22. Travellin' Band [1:38:20]
23. We're An American Band [1:43:12]
Jon's vocal condition was already going South by the time this show came around, but the band still put on a fantastic show. That's What I like about the 1987 part of the SWW tour. Jon s vocals were fuc*ed, so he left most of the higher stuff to Richie and David, so he could focus on working the crowd more and entertaining them. Now of course, there were some 100% off nights for the band, throughout the years, like Hull 2006, but still, there was a reason they were off that night. Nowadays, when Jon's vocals are off (which is every Damn show, honestly) Jon's got nothing going for him, he only shakes his ass to please the soccer moms, and does a fake smile every 30 seconds.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Next 100 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsA...TbSiYmKoqMkJV0

vocals really do matters when composing a song...been following travis and he looks like a "80's jon rip-off" but he's really good vocally
Old 04-06-2020, 09:00 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I totally forgot about this video they made that spliced together the live 2001 Wanted version and If I Was Your Mother.

What a weird choice.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Dry County

Jesus fistf*cking Christ, if we could have this band back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIV...&frags=pl%2Cwn
Old 04-07-2020, 01:52 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Jesus fistf*cking Christ, if we could have this band back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIV...&frags=pl%2Cwn
If only...
Old 04-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Keep the Faith

Absolute banger.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
One of my all-time favorites.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
One of my all-time favorites.
One of the examples why I think New Jersey is the best album ever. It has the megahit potential, bog chorus, great melody - the best of the 1980s but it's got Richie's blues influence and basically the guitars put it higher than anything any other banf did at that time.

Unfortunately the band wasn't in the mood of rotating the songs during the Jersey tour and when you have I'll Be There For You and Living In Sin there, Wild Is The Wind didn't get much chance. Even though I don't consider it a ballad as such. Despite everything mentioned, the few renditions they did were amazing. I love the Osaka 1991 one.
https://youtu.be/T8SJKPWU788
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-08-2020, 10:08 PM
Next 100 Posts

Do they have an other song that gives same feel as this one? It's way too GOOD.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
One of the examples why I think New Jersey is the best album ever. It has the megahit potential, bog chorus, great melody - the best of the 1980s but it's got Richie's blues influence and basically the guitars put it higher than anything any other banf did at that time.
Very much agreed. Many of my friends are no Bon Jovi fans or actually dislike them, but there have been two songs everyone has always been positive about and they are These Days and Wild Is The Wind. No matter if fan, regular listener or hater - everyone always liked these two.
Wild Is The Wind was my very first favourite song in my life - by any band. For me it's pure perfection. Only two or three other Jovi songs hold such a high standard for me