March 19th 2017 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 03-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Another Album???

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
I hope not. Jon got a lot off his chest with his writing for THINFS and there was some good stuff due to that but I can't see him wanting to write about the same topics again/having a true inspiration for a new record. So we'd probably end up with stuff as inspired as WAN...

Old 03-21-2017, 12:09 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I hope not. Jon got a lot off his chest with his writing for THINFS and there was some good stuff due to that but I can't see him wanting to write about the same topics again/having a true inspiration for a new record. So we'd probably end up with stuff as inspired as WAN...
That was a joke... however a compilation album would be nice... I can't see a Greatest Hits or a Live Album from this tour, unless they take bits from each show and put them together to form a Greatest Hits from this tour...

What's left???

A Box Set or a Mini Box Set... I'd love a live CD of rarities... Songs that didn't get performed that much... Fear, Soul Truth, Cadillac Man, Life's Too Short, Hush, etc... Total stretch and would never happen but still cool...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
Isn't it odd they haven't booked a 2nd North American leg? No Portland, Seattle, Milwaukee, Boston, Montreal, etc.? Just these remaining shows, some random gig in NY in August, and then supposedly Europe in 2018? What's happening for the rest of 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supposedly there was more south american dates to accompany the Rio one, and some more dates for the latter half of the summer but so far nada. It's weird. Either Jon wants a break or they are waiting for the end of this leg to announce it to go for the whole "because of the demand we had to schedule more shows" bullshit that bands tend to go on.....
Old 03-21-2017, 01:30 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I'm disappointed that LYHOM has been completely dropped. A song that was a surprise staple for a good few songs has completely gone out the set and isn't even an audible now.

JBJ really doesn't have a clue sometimes.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 03-21-2017, 01:38 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I'm disappointed that LYHOM has been completely dropped. A song that was a surprise staple for a good few songs has completely gone out the set and isn't even an audible now.

JBJ really doesn't have a clue sometimes.

Lay Your Hands on Me? But that was played?!!? And hasn't that been played at every show??
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Lay Your Hands on Me? But that was played?!!? And hasn't that been played at every show??
Bloody hell it has as well...

I'm losing the plot! Sorry.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Jovi Fan

Default March 19th 2017 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Thread

Hey all.. just passing through to offer my thoughts on last night's show!

First, we all know his voice is not what it used to be. I've seen people here say that his vocal struggles aren't as noticeable if you're at the show. They were a absolutely right... that doesn't mean he sounds like at least 2010 level, but he sounded better than I thought he would live! He was stronger in some parts of HAND, Born to be my baby, and LYHOM than I expected he would be.. he struggled on Prayer and a little bit of Wanted. Overall, however, I was not disappointed with how he sounded! He also really worked the crowd, which was delightful to see. I saw the band in 2010 and 11, and the crowd interaction this time around was way better than the two previous times.

Let's talk about the crowd... I from what, I saw they seemed to really enjoy the new stuff (minus Scars... that song will bore anyone). I looked around the arena while Rollercoaster was playing and many people were jumping around, and it seemed to go over very well.

Now the set list...This House is a fantastic opener. And I absolutely love the reprise where Phil kicks into a second solo. I think the new songs they've been playing translate well live. This House, Rollercoaster, New Years Day, and We don't Run were awesome. And Captain Crash was back! (But sadly, with no confetti lol). But really, the crowd was into this song, sounded good. Yes, while we all know that they can do more with the current set list, I was fine with it, people around me seemed fine with it, so it's all good.. I wasn't expecting them to start the encore with Hey God, so it's all about setting low expectations, and just enjoy it for what it is, to be honest.

Here is a clip on my google drive of Phil's solo in LYHOM.. hopefully this link works!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...01HckhMa3owR1k

Here's This House + the intro.. very cool how they customize the intro to the city their in
https://youtu.be/vGYmxkCdhKI

Good portion of KTF
https://youtu.be/MMrP2e_l8hA

Last edited by CLEYoungGun21; 03-21-2017 at 03:59 AM..
Old 03-21-2017, 02:57 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 View Post
First, we all know his voice is not what it used to be. I've seen people here say that his vocal struggles aren't as noticeable if you're at the show. They were a absolutely right... that doesn't mean he sounds like at least 2010 level, but he sounded better than I thought he would live!
I've been saying this since inception!!!

Great overall feedback and nice review... I'll be in Philly in 11 days and The Garden 7 days after that... Can't wait!!!
Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 AM
The Distance

Quote:
here is a clip on my google drive of Phil's solo in LYHOM.. hopefully this link works!
Hey, nice video clip too... Jon is sounding much better and it's great to see him moving around... Very Cool.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:07 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Hey all.. just passing through to offer my thoughts on last night's show!

First, we all know his voice is not what it used to be. I've seen people here say that his vocal struggles aren't as noticeable if you're at the show. They were a absolutely right... that doesn't mean he sounds like at least 2010 level, but he sounded better than I thought he would live! He was stronger in some parts of HAND, Born to be my baby, and LYHOM than I expected he would be.. he struggled on Prayer and a little bit of Wanted. Overall, however, I was not disappointed with how he sounded! He also really worked the crowd, which was delightful to see. I saw the band in 2010 and 11, and the crowd interaction this time around was way better than the two previous times.

Let's talk about the crowd... I from what, I saw they seemed to really enjoy the new stuff (minus Scars... that song will bore anyone). I looked around the arena while Rollercoaster was playing and many people were jumping around, and it seemed to go over very well.

Now the set list...This House is a fantastic opener. And I absolutely love the reprise where Phil kicks into a second solo. I think the new songs they've been playing translate well live. This House, Rollercoaster, New Years Day, and We don't Run were awesome. And Captain Crash was back! (But sadly, with no confetti lol). But really, the crowd was into this song, sounded good. Yes, while we all know that they can do more with the current set list, I was fine with it, people around me seemed fine with it, so it's all good.. I wasn't expecting them to start the encore with Hey God, so it's all about setting low expectations, and just enjoy it for what it is, to be honest.

I'm working on getting a few videos on YouTube as I type (thought I could just upload from my iPhones library to here) but here is a clip on my google drive of Phil's solo in LYHOM.. hopefully this link works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice review ! Good to know you had fun !