Tour Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 06:06 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Nah the mods are in a place where it doesn't matter what we do. The more we delete and force rules the more we look like bad guy and then that riles up people to push buttons and then ask why we don't moderate. Kind of a losing battle.
Don't be daft. You're perfectly aware of the constant jibberish by the same 3 posters. Rocknation spams topic with irrevelant news stories followed by a silly punchline, RDkopper can't debate for shit without constantly harassing and consequently insulting everyone who questions his thoughts and Yovana just spouts of random gibberish. Would it not be for the advertisements and pop ups this board is still borderline unreadable as you've got to scroll endlessly to make it through the non-contributing posts done on this board.

None of these posters have ever contributed anything to a discussion. Kick these 3 out and you're left with a board that's actually about Bon Jovi for a change as opposed to it constantly being about the same humourless pointless fights instigated by the same people. I don't see eye to eye with several people on here but these same people keep it civil and don't resort to constant name-calling, homophobic comments or personal attacks and certaintly don't feel the need to derail topics they're posting in.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 11-03-2019 at 06:30 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
The mods are bored of being in the wrong no matter what course of action we take. There's more interesting things in our lives then wading into petty squabbles on the internet.
So why you're still a mod?
Old 11-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
So why you're still a mod?
Because I still come here regularly. I just don't have the desire to get involved with the conversations or arguments anymore that doesn't stop being able to moderate.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 11-03-2019, 12:40 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Don't be daft. You're perfectly aware of the constant jibberish by the same 3 posters. Rocknation spams topic with irrevelant news stories followed by a silly punchline, RDkopper can't debate for shit without constantly harassing and consequently insulting everyone who questions his thoughts and Yovana just spouts of random gibberish. Would it not be for the advertisements and pop ups this board is still borderline unreadable as you've got to scroll endlessly to make it through the non-contributing posts done on this board.

None of these posters have ever contributed anything to a discussion. Kick these 3 out and you're left with a board that's actually about Bon Jovi for a change as opposed to it constantly being about the same humourless pointless fights instigated by the same people. I don't see eye to eye with several people on here but these same people keep it civil and don't resort to constant name-calling, homophobic comments or personal attacks and certaintly don't feel the need to derail topics they're posting in.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
And then there is you...

Knowing the band/Jon isn't perfect, when something does create some positive buzz and fans do get excited, you'll jump through any lengths to make sure you point out every flaw to shut down the excitement... I think you actually get off on being a buzz kill... And I'm not talking about this current release, I'm talking about every post you've ever posted since Crush. If Jon does have a decent live performance like he did in Sao Paulo a few years ago and some fans do get a little excited, instead of letting them embrace the moment, the Seb Police will make sure he posts and ruins everyone's moment... I can hear your sirens coming from a mile away. You're like, "Do I hear something positive from Bon Jovi? I can't let that happen. I have to be the dick that I am and shut it down immediately"
You'll then try to say, "I'm just being subjective" "and I shouldn't have to settle for anything but the best" etc etc... When the real truth is, you don't give a shit. you're just doing it to be an asshole. And for some reason you have half the board fooled.. but I am seeing a shift where more and more are starting to realize what you're all about... Just a bitter troll who stopped being a fan 25 years ago.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 03:14 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Ahhh again all with their bullshit...
Apparently so....

Except for ignoring requests to stop posting public PMs and one-liners, in the past, I don't see the problem. Yovana does post interesting information at times; and at least she doesn't post just to bitch about something or at others!

She's certainly no worse, imo, than those who also derail multiple threads - like THIS one AND the 2020 thread, for instance - with no apparent purpose but to insult each other, or prove how ignorant people who disagree with them are (when compared with their own superior knowledge, ofc), and mistakenly speak for the entire board, as if everyone here sees things the same way they do. Like that would somehow justify or add weight to their own opinions, even if it were true. It's not.

The same goes for moderator-wannabes who take it upon themselves to judge who should and should not be allowed to post here, especially the ones who seem to post primarily to push buttons and stir shit up.

If you don't like someone, no matter who it is, IGNORE THEM! Just skip the posts. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 dollars. Do NOT tell them they have no business, or ****ing right, to be here and they should be banned!

Get over yourselves. No one here is consistently any more intelligent, interesting, likeable, funny, or deserving of the privilege than anyone else!

Last edited by JackieBlue; 11-03-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 03:19 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
My bet still is that (at least some) of them hope she'll share all the demo cassette tapes that had been auctioned with us and hence don't take any actions.
I think our mods do a great job at a thankless task; and maybe I'm just gullible, but based on the mods I'm familiar with here, I personally don't think they would accept bribes or respond to threats. I didn't believe it when it first came up and I don't believe it now. But I'll say this: if there is a moderator who would recognize something that needs to be done, and could be swayed from doing that by the promise of tapes, or by the threat of withholding them, then they need to resign the position because they're about worthless in the role.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:26 PM
The Distance

This thread and the 2020 thread are both being derailed because of Seb. This is where it always goes and what always happens when he shows up.... and exactly what he wants too... He needs to be ignored and he'll just disappear once he stops getting attention.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:55 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
This thread and the 2020 thread are both being derailed because of Seb. This is where it always goes and what always happens when he shows up.... and exactly what he wants too... He needs to be ignored and he'll just disappear once he stops getting attention.
Just one point: no one derails a thread alone. (Not even me!)
Old 11-03-2019, 04:12 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Just one point: no one derails a thread alone. (Not even me!)
Just Stop Jackie...

Old 11-03-2019, 04:57 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Just Stop Jackie...

Aye, aye, sir!