View Poll Results: Crush or Bounce?
Crush 27 57.45%
Bounce 15 31.91%
Equal/No preference 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Livin' on a Post

Default CRUSH vs BOUNCE

Following the worst Bounce song, I thought to create this - less original - thread. It surely has been discussed before, however, since many years have passed, it is more interresting to see what fans think now.

Those two albums are very different but historically they somehow fit together and belong to the same era. Ok I admit, Crush carries a bit of 90s with it and maybe that is why I could prefer it. But I have no conclusion for now, I let you guys vote.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Keep the Faith

Those two are strange for me... I like more songs on Bounce but I like Crush more.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Price of posting

Default CRUSH vs BOUNCE

I don’t really like either as a whole album but lean towards Crush more.
Combine the two and you have a good album

IML
Undivided
The distance
Hook me up
Two story town
Bounce
I could make a living
Save the world
One wild night
Next 100 years
I got the girl
Neurotica
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 03-04-2018 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Price of posting

Both albums are lame for me, like all post2000. The good thing about Crush, is that Jon had a good voice throughout the record, but still has a lot of filler/average songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I don’t really like either as a whole album but lean towards Crush more.
Combine the two and you have a good album

IML
Undivided
Hook me up
Two story town
Bounce
I could make a living
Save the world
One wild night
The distance
I got the girl
Neurotica
What hapened with Just Older?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Posting everyday

What ties both albums together for me is the fact that they have tons of B-sides which I mostly like more than the album tracks.
Overall I tend to like Crush more since it has more "identity". Bounce was trying to follow every and any trend and fell flat as a whole. Crush had its share of fillers as well, but feels better as an overall album and doesn't have this pseudo nu-metal sound on some songs which I really can't stand.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:26 PM
These Days

Crush for me. Like the OP said, Crush has some elements on it that still feels 90s, while Bounce is feeling more forced in terms of writing. Crush also has more stand out tracks while Undivided and The Distance are the only real fantastic songs of Bounce.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
What ties both albums together for me is the fact that they have tons of B-sides which I mostly like more than the album tracks.
Overall I tend to like Crush more since it has more "identity". Bounce was trying to follow every and any trend and fell flat as a whole. Crush had its share of fillers as well, but feels better as an overall album and doesn't have this pseudo nu-metal sound on some songs which I really can't stand.
Crush also feels like a market research, I can not help thinking about Oasis, and others similar sounds to BackStreet Boys, NSYNC and Britney Spears. Also, when the album came out, I could not believe that some songs sounded like a JBJ solo album, like Destination Anywhere.

In any case, I can see your point, Mistery Train, Next 100 Years, IML, Older and Two Story Town are nice songs. I think all post2000 albums have the same problem, there are some good songs on each album, but they are not great albums.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-04-2018 at 02:50 PM..
Old 03-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Price of posting

Default CRUSH vs BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post

What hapened with Just Older?

Unfortunately I don’t like it.
I did miss off next 100 years which I’ll add now
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 PM
The Distance

The problem I have with both albums is the production (go figure). Luke Ebbin has some sort of unfinished sound that takes away from most of the songs... I also feel that he never really got the most out of Jon's voice. That's something Bob Rock was known for and there are stories how Bruce Fairbairn made Jon drink wine (my guess is to loosen him up mentally) to get the most out of his voice during Slippery.

Thank You For Loving Me had the potential to be another I'll Be There For You but it just lacks vocal passion and the production sounds incomplete... It's like a demo.... The song sounds so much better live.

Not just with Bon Jovi but with so many other bands too, something happened with the sound on most albums in terms of production. Maybe analog to digital, but with everything up to These Days sounds full, complete, and finished...

I was listening to Dog Eat Dog the other day (fantastic underrated Warrant album) and it's just so complete with energy...

But getting back on topic... Crush has more classic Bon Jovi elements... Bounce is more manufactured.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Bounce for me,more songs that I enjoy to listen very often,more rock songs,from TD I dont expect great lyrics and songwriting,fine,good at best but songwriting from 88-95 no way.