Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Source: Richie Has 'No Plans' To Join Bon Jovi in 2017

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Source: Richie Has 'No Plans' To Join Bon Jovi in 2017

People.com: Richie Sambora Has 'No Plans' To Rejoin Bon Jovi 2017 Tour, Choosing to Continue Spending Time with Daughter Ava, Says Source
Richie Sambora won't be joining the Bon Jovi tour in 2017, choosing instead to continue spending time with his daughter, Ava, a source close to the rocker tells PEOPLE.

"Richie's schedule is busier now than ever, except a lot of it is with his family and around those he truly loves," the source says..."He wants to spend quality time with Ava," his 18-year-old daughter with ex-wife Heather Locklear, says the source, especially now that she is in college.

Sambora, who formed the band RSO with Orianthi, is "gearing up with excitement to tour" the source says...Famed producer Bob Rock, the force behind such iconic albums as Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, Metallica's Black Album and Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood, is producing Sambora and Orianthi's album, which is as of yet untitled..."It's far beyond anything he has ever done, so he is excited about it," the source says. "He loves working with Bob, who is a record producing god."

So he's going to spend more time with his college-attending daughter (who has tweeted a photo of her new apartment), release an album on a yet-unnamed record label, AND tour with his girlfriend? The slobbering over Bob Rock (who served as an engineering force on Slippery, not a production one) might be a clue as to who the source is -- has he or she ever STOOD "close to the rocker" at one point?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-09-2016 at 03:07 AM..

Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Jovi Addict

Haha do they still have the "spending time with Ava" as a serious saying?
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 06-08-2016, 07:15 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Leans pretty heavy on the upcoming RSO album. Feels like Richie's publicist putting out info and using the band situation to do so.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

No one expected him back in the foreseeable future anyhow. The 2017 cycle will be for this Bon Jovi album without Richie and for his RSO project.

Putting out this statement to the press is simply "Hey look at me I have a new album out too". Adding the bit about Ava is taking the piss again and shows he's learnt nothing from his split with the band about appeasing his fans from the Bon Jovi fanbase.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 06-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
No one expected him back in the foreseeable future anyhow. The 2017 cycle will be for this Bon Jovi album without Richie and for his RSO project.

Putting out this statement to the press is simply "Hey look at me I have a new album out too". Adding the bit about Ava is taking the piss again and shows he's learnt nothing from his split with the band about appeasing his fans from the Bon Jovi fanbase.
I agree 100%!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Jovi Freak

Ava is a college student, isn't she? And daddy's busy banging his girlfriend in all the studios he can book.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
The bit about Ava is taking the piss again and shows he's learnt nothing from his split with the band about appeasing his fans from the Bon Jovi fanbase.
To be clear, there are NO direct quotes from Richie in the article. HE did not make those comments about Ava -- which is precisely why I "took the piss" on the suggestion that she wants to spend more time with Richie though she's attending college and living on her own, and he'll be hitting the road in July!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-08-2016 at 09:32 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
To be clear, there are NO direct quotes from Richie in the article. HE did not make those comments about Ava -- which is precisely why I "took the piss" on the suggestion that she wants to spend more time with Richie though she's attending college and living on her own!
"The source" did. And we all know how classy Richie's gutter press mates are. They are speaking on his behalf, if he lets that happen in the same way as last time then thats his look out
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 06-09-2016, 12:58 AM
These Days

Quote:
"The source" did. And we all know how classy Richie's gutter press mates are. They are speaking on his behalf, if he lets that happen in the same way as last time then thats his look out
Who says they are speaking on his behalf? Last I heard, "Richie's gutter press mates" were on the opposite end of a lawsuit from him, which at the time, was not only hindering his studio work, but was also stirring up bad press for him. They still have an ax to grind and they could be using a back door to do that since the "death threat" debacle apparently didn't achieve the desired results.

And just for the record, there was never really anything to suggest that Richie agreed with, or had anything to do with, all the BS they managed to get published surrounding the split from Bon Jovi. Everybody just assumed, since it was negative towards BJ and Richie was in business with Nikki, that Richie was in cahoots with Borg and Lund. Richie actually had very little to say outside of responding to questions in interviews promoting the shows he did. And despite the interpretations fans placed on his comments, very little of what he did say (of what could be confirmed actually came directly from him) was negative towards Jon and the band.

The 'negativity' was due, in large part, to the negative way that some fans interpreted what was said because of their own resentment, justified or not, towards anything Richie did or said at the time.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Jovi Addict

Still playing the "spending time with daughter" card... Horseshit didn't Jon say the other day he "hasn't seen Sambora in three years"? More to it than this daughter business always has and always will be... I digress bring on the new bon Jovi record... Just sort that god damm voice out!

Last edited by JerseyGiant; 06-09-2016 at 01:18 AM..