Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

I donīt understand

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Suddenly

Default I donīt understand

First of all Iīm not here to put anyone down or anything like that, everyone have the right to say their own opinion.
I havenīt heard Bounce yet so I canīt really make comments about the songs but to me it sounds like some of you (maybe) is giving up a little too soon...? I know that you canīt like a song just because Bon Jovi wrote it but comparing Bon Jovi to Metallica is just wrong. I personally think that New Jersey is the best album ever, and no one (not even BJ) can do a better cd then that.
I know that it must be a disappointment if you really hate all the songs on bounce and you waited so long for the album but saying Good bye
Bon Jovi and giving up on them is a little to much to take...at least for me.

KTF/Janna

Old 09-06-2002, 11:32 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default yea

I totally agree... You shouldnt critizise just yet. The album is great! Those of you that really dont like this album can shove it. They are trying to please all of us and they are doing a damn good job......
Old 09-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Dry County

Default Re: I donīt understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktoyourguns
First of all Iīm not here to put anyone down or anything like that, everyone have the right to say their own opinion.
I havenīt heard Bounce yet so I canīt really make comments about the songs but to me it sounds like some of you (maybe) is giving up a little too soon...? I know that you canīt like a song just because Bon Jovi wrote it but comparing Bon Jovi to Metallica is just wrong. I personally think that New Jersey is the best album ever, and no one (not even BJ) can do a better cd then that.
I know that it must be a disappointment if you really hate all the songs on bounce and you waited so long for the album but saying Good bye
Bon Jovi and giving up on them is a little to much to take...at least for me.

KTF/Janna
If you're talking about Angu2k, I think he heard the album.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Suddenly

Edwin; I donīt know who wrote it, I wasnīt talking to just one person and I donīt really care who has heard the album I just wrote how I felt about the situation.

KTF/Janna
Old 09-07-2002, 03:59 AM
Breakout

The thing is that alot of times people loose interest in a band - or the band begins to do music that a person doesn't care for - there is nothing wrong with that. It's a shame if you truly like someone for a very long time but just can't stomach the "new" them. Apparently this is what has happened with several people here. Personally I think Slippery When Wet was and is the best Bon Jovi album ever made. I loved New Jersey in fact my all time favorite song, Lay Your Hands On Me, is on New Jersey. I loved, KTF, These Days - so on and so on. I have loved them all. Some not as much as others and those that didn't grab me from the start - grew on me. Bounce is great - some of their finest work. It could just be that some fans are no longer fans or are just not fans of Bon Jovi 2002.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Livin' on a Post

As I remember the sam thing happened when Crush was released. I wasn't a big fan at that time, so I didn't read forums and stuff like that, but that's just what happens omsetimes. You can't like every note they play and if you don't like a whole cd, well that's up to you. Those people probably want to hear the next cd again, to see if they like that.

You know, it's all just a matter of opinion and everybody has the right to has his own opinion, so it's there problem, not yours. I haven't heard Bounce yet, so I can't tell you if I like it, but I'll probably will. It's too bad people are leaving Bon Jovi behind, but there will be some newer fans to. Just look at the bright side!
Old 09-07-2002, 11:30 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Ive been there through every album the guys have ever released and everytime , there is some that say , this album is not as good as the last, they leave then come back for the next.
I havent adored all of the Jovis songs but in general I like most thats why Im here. If they want to go its their problem and its their loss. Theres always the old and next generation of fans to keep Jovi rocking until they are 80
KTF while you are getting just older.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Born to be my Baby

I guess people change and you cant force yourself to like music you just dont like. I have had it happen to me before with other bands. Ihavent heard Bounce yet so I cant judge. For me NJ and These days are the standout BJ albums. Im looking forward to hearing bounce though.

Kat
Old 09-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to joviromeo Send a message via Yahoo to joviromeo

As I've only heard 1 track from the new Bounce album I cant really say whether I will like the rest of the songs or not. But as for not sticking with the band if I dont particularly like the album is a BIG NO NO for me. I wasnt that impressed with These Days (with the exception of 1 or 2 songs), but its still part of my collection and I didnt lose faith in the band. The guys are staying true to themselves by writing that is close to them and thats part of the attraction (for me at least). If I dont like the rest of the stuff on the new album well that entirely my fault, but hey I wont be going anywhere, i will just play the rest of my cd collection and wait for the tour to start. Woooohooooooo keep rocking guys.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktoyourguns
Edwin; I donīt know who wrote it, I wasnīt talking to just one person and I donīt really care who has heard the album I just wrote how I felt about the situation.

KTF/Janna
I know. It's doesn't really bring a good atmosphere in here. But there is always room for a good discussion as long people don't diss eachother.