Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The last tour

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-14-2021, 09:19 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I think we also forget that Jon's idea of a rock song or rock album in 2021 is vastly different to what our idea is. In fact, his idea has been drastically different argubaly since 2000. Have A Nice Day is considered by many to be a Bon Jovi rock record. If that's what a rock record is, it will be a hard pass from me.

Even if Jon went rock, what do we think we would get? It would be just a different shade of shit, but still shit.
Last Man Standing, Dirty Little Secret, Hook Me Up, God Bless This Mess, We Don't Run, When We Were US, Thorn In My side, Who Would You Die For...

I am not asking for a return to the eighties. Just instead of making an album with a lot of slow and pop songs, choose more songs focused on Rock. Bon Jovi was never Metallica or Guns N Roses, but their albums felt energetic because there was a good flow. They just need the songs to have a good riff and be driven more by the guitar.

But I suppose that as long as they can release a couple of songs of this style on every album, I could settle, but the album, it would feel weak again, like everything they have done in the last decades.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-14-2021 at 09:22 PM..

Old 06-14-2021, 09:22 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I think Jon being dead in 13 years is a bit overboard. I mean, yeah, he might. Whether it's from lung complications or not is a bit sceptical.

The man is a decent enough runner, keeps himself in good nick (physically) and seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

He is a singer who badly damaged his main instrument when he shouldn't have abused it like he did.

For me, Jon can still do a little rasp here and there live but that's the most 'rock' we will get out of him.

As Matt said, Devils In The Temple was decent in the studio but live it was so underwhelming when he went for the outro. Same with 'russian hack by trade' from the performance of Blood In The Water. Yet, the outro to Luv Can live was decent enough. Mad.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 06-14-2021, 09:27 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I think Jon being dead in 13 years is a bit overboard. I mean, yeah, he might. Whether it's from lung complications or not is a bit sceptical.

The man is a decent enough runner, keeps himself in good nick (physically) and seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

He is a singer who badly damaged his main instrument when he shouldn't have abused it like he did.

For me, Jon can still do a little rasp here and there live but that's the most 'rock' we will get out of him.

As Matt said, Devils In The Temple was decent in the studio but live it was so underwhelming when he went for the outro. Same with 'russian hack by trade' from the performance of Blood In The Water. Yet, the outro to Luv Can live was decent enough. Mad.

I agree, but to make a rock song he don't always have to rasp the voice or go too high. It's also about the band not sounding like generic pop.

I think there is the possibility of a very broad middle ground that they can work with and build very interesting rock songs.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:28 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I agree, but to make a rock song he don't always have to rasp your voice or go too high. It's also about the band not sounding like generic pop.

I think there is the possibility of a very broad middle ground that they can work with and build very interesting rock songs.
I'm not saying you do. I'm saying that about as much as we get from Jon, now.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 06-14-2021, 09:30 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Last Man Standing, Dirty Little Secret, Hook Me Up, God Bless This Mess, We Don't Run, When We Were US, Thorn In My side, Who Would You Die For...
Yeah as I said, a different shade of shit. You're talking about what you want so it's all good, but I do not like a single song you have just listed. We Don't Run is a 50/50 exception. Also, few of them have memorable riffs.

And I know what you are saying, you just want something a bit more energetic. My contestation is the result will be medicore (at best) either way.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:59 PM
Price of posting

If I'm going to get shit anyway, at least it gets a little close to what I would expect from this band.

If Jon structured me a rock album, with those kinds of songs as a kind of guide (I'm not saying copy-pasted) to compose new songs, focused more on the sound of the guitars and a change of producer suitable for this, I would be very happy. Making guitars ring in the mix, having their importance, some songs that are riff-driven, have some good guitar solos, outros ... some slow but more aggressive song ... another epic instropective... could be glorious for me.

But the reality is that the next album will be Lost Highway 2.0

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-14-2021 at 10:02 PM..
Old 06-14-2021, 10:41 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?
No - the person who said that just told that he had been talking with Phil before the show in Dublin and Jon had stood within some distance from them, smoking.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
No - the person who said that just told that he had been talking with Phil before the show in Dublin and Jon had stood within some distance from them, smoking.
Assuming his death from that is total bullshit, sorry. Tico's been smoking much longer and harder and probably gets quite well through his daily life. My grandfather was a smoker all his life and died at the age of 92.
Him having trashed his singing voice and his life ending are really two very different pair of shoes.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:16 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Assuming his death from that is total bullshit, sorry. Tico's been smoking much longer and harder and probably gets quite well through his daily life. My grandfather was a smoker all his life and died at the age of 92.
Him having trashed his singing voice and his life ending are really two very different pair of shoes.
I'm not really assuming anything, I'm just worried because his current voice - both singing and even speaking - sounds anything but healthy

Last edited by BJFan99; 06-14-2021 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-14-2021, 11:21 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Even the 1 or 2 "harder" songs that pop up from time to time get shit on. Can anyone here honestly want a full album of what we think their rock songs will be? It's astounding this request and argument is still coming up in 2021.