Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Something for the Posts

Something I forgot to mention earlier (it was late), was that a good way to finance a club tour, would be to book it around festival season. Richie would have no problem getting booked on a lot of the rock festivals in the UK/Europe, and they make good money on those. Just booking a couple of festival appearances could fund the whole tour and allow Richie to keep his 4 star hotel...

Or alternatively, a couple of high profile support slots....harder to get though...

Last edited by Thinny; 09-28-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 09-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Richie could easily sell out a theatre tour (Shepherds Bush size) in Europe, especially promoting as a Richie solo show playing his albums and BJ covers. As already mentioned, making money off of it is a whole different kettle of fish, but the popularity is there: most people outside of this fanbase wouldn't have seen the drama and recent shambles and he does have a lot of goodwill with rock fans. Festivals and theatre shows he'd have no problem selling well (price dependant of course, but Shepherd's Bush and Islington went very quickly).
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 09-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

It seems we are all talking about a tour being unlikely because Richie won't make any (or much) money. It may be worth considering if he even wants to make money. Of course, he won't want to lose bucket loads, but is it possible he could get to a place where he just wants to do it for the love of the art, so to speak?

That would actually be a good outcome for us fans. People driven just by wanting to do something often do better than those chasing the financial only (at least in the arts). I think Bon Jovi managed to split these two aspects well in the first 15 years, which is partly why they became so big.

If Richie looks at his career right now, he must know there's not a lot of money out there for him in terms of album sales or his potential as a touring act. Maybe if he decided to release music and tour it we will get something genuine.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:21 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

If it's not a financial reason then what's stopping him from do it? The US tour got cut short due to "sickness" and never rescheduled. My point is more of course it's financial. He's used to a certain style of living and he can't have that and also do a tour that will at best break even. I have to believe he doesn't want to waste money hitting the road and rebuild things otherwise it's been 4 years of off and on shows but not much by way of a dedicated tour.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

So Richie's working on his solo stuff now! Great news!
Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rkI48NJLo

Yes it IS!! Love the sound of that 12-string!! (And the guy noodling around on it, too...)
Old 10-01-2018, 12:43 AM
The Distance

Now that's the Richie I like!!! Relaxed with high energy, nice guy, not slurring words or being awkward... Hopefully this is the start to something great.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2018, 12:55 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Now that's the Richie I like!!! Relaxed with high energy, nice guy, not slurring words or being awkward... Hopefully this is the start to something great.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Please go tell those jackasses on YT that! Right out of the gate, they were saying he looked and sounded drunk. He's always going to look and sound drunk to some people because he has a history, and they're aware of it. He could be stone, cold sober for 10 years and they would still see him that way.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:32 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rkI48NJLo

Agree with RDK, he sounds night and day vs the other Norm's video with O. Wish he'd quit with the old jokes though - I'm not that far behind him.

Opinion - since we now have some hope that he is working on his own music again (hallelujah) - we move this latest news to the Just him thread. Personally I hope it has nothing to do with the RSO fiasco this thread was for.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:22 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

THAT'S why I was saying having separate thread for the RSO album and one for Richie himself was a bad idea because people won't post in the right one and will require mods to manually move it. That and moving threads only works half the time for my account.

Let's all just make an effort to keep it as on topic as possible (Fat chance I know).

Tags
orianthi, richie sambora