Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Phil X

Tour Discussion

Old 06-19-2020, 02:13 PM
The Distance

It's going to be interesting to see what happens... 20 years? No way! 10 for the band at best. Jon will probably perform in some fashion forever...

The last two concerts Jon attended publicly were Billy Joel and The Eagles plus he hangs with guys like Paul McCartney and Springsteen. All the above are guys 70 plus. Even though he uses the Stones as his go to mark. There are many others still doing it almost as good as they did back in the day.

If Tico and Hugh retire and Dave is still around, there is definitely an irony there. Dave and Jon started together and will end together. Anyway...

Although this is fun to talk about, Phil was just talking hypothetical about his departure... Basically there is a better chance of Richie coming back vs Jon retiring. That's what I got from it.

I could see Richie joining a tour but not yet.
One a reunion tour would mean nostalgia. Two, I think Jon is very dedicated to Phil and he just played on the new album so nah.

In 2024, it'll be 40 years for the band and 20 years since the last box set... If Jon did a 20 show new box set tour, I could see Richie joining that. Jon will be 62 at that point, Tico will be over 70.

Of all members, Tico is the only one of concern. I think Hugh could play bass forever. All the other members are around Jon's age.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2020, 02:38 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Agreed. I could see Tico stopping due to age, Dave stopping to focus on musicals but depending on how involved they both are in the albums and only doing 30-50 shows a year it's hardly a commitment for a giant paycheck.

I imagine if Tico and Dave are gone Hugh will be too if Jon transitions to smaller venues with a solo band and a lower payout for members. He pretty much stopped being Jon's bass player ten-ish ago anyway (that's my best guess at math).
Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 PM
Jovi FANatic

a couple thoughts about phil xs comments about reunion...

i d kill to see Richie back but i d like to have some honesty behind it and not forced by money...

1. i wonder if these comments of phil x reach jon .. it s the second time i ve heard him say sth similar in the last couple of years and it sounds offensive towards both jon and richie,, kudos for him for having the honesty to express either his thoughts or his fears but its too hypothetical and offensive imho.

2. if they ever get back together and go writing i think this alone it would be an indication of getting back for the right reasons.. if its just a reunion gh tours it will probably be about a last big paycheck.

3. having been too critical towards jon about the richie departure i have o admit, years later, that jon looks the most hurt, i couldnt see it before but i think he trully misses the good ol richie..

anyway lets see what the future holds..
Old 06-19-2020, 09:27 PM
This Post Feels Right

I don't think it's offensive to the band. I can see how it could be taken as that but it's honest. It would take a lot of money to get them back together and there's a lot more money in reunions.

But for all the people dying for Richie to come back, you're dead on. Forget about Jon's voice for a second, if it's between Richie going through the motions, not really "there" with some phoned in solos and Phil high energy I'd rather option 2. I wouldn't pay to see either I don't think though, not at these prices.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:17 AM
Price of posting

Awful interview sound wise. Mitchs Mike was knackered.

Interesting the Phil said he felt the album should have been released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-20-2020, 12:46 AM
Jovi Freak

Same old, I even find this more interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99TR...youtu.be&t=243
Old 06-20-2020, 09:25 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't think it's offensive to the band. I can see how it could be taken as that but it's honest. It would take a lot of money to get them back together and there's a lot more money in reunions.

But for all the people dying for Richie to come back, you're dead on. Forget about Jon's voice for a second, if it's between Richie going through the motions, not really "there" with some phoned in solos and Phil high energy I'd rather option 2. I wouldn't pay to see either I don't think though, not at these prices.
i dont get why so much more money would be needed... richie probably would come back with the same salary...and jon probably wants to have a minimum earning from each show...
telling money would change their mind makes them sound desperate and fake imo
Old 06-20-2020, 04:26 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i dont get why so much more money would be needed... richie probably would come back with the same salary...and jon probably wants to have a minimum earning from each show...
telling money would change their mind makes them sound desperate and fake imo
Fair enough, yeah. I'm not saying it would be needed, I could just see an offer coming in that would be so much more than they'd usually make on tour.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:05 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I imagine if Tico and Dave are gone Hugh will be too if Jon transitions to smaller venues with a solo band and a lower payout for members. He pretty much stopped being Jon's bass player ten-ish ago anyway (that's my best guess at math).
What do you mean "Jon's bass player"? What happened 10-ish years ago that made a difference? Just curious...
Old 06-20-2020, 08:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
What do you mean "Jon's bass player"? What happened 10-ish years ago that made a difference? Just curious...
No idea to be honest! He was the bass player in Jon's solo side-band for the longest time then from (I THINK) the 2009 Fan Club show onward he wasn't and was strictly band stuff-only. Can anyone else clarify if I'm off or when he stopped playing bass for Jon's solo appearances?