Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

I won't forget last night in a while....

Other Bands

Old 10-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Posting Always

Default I won't forget last night in a while....

(bear with me because i'm not the greatest storyteller!)

Went to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes last night at the O2 Academy in Leicester.
Small venue, only a couple of hundred people there, all set up for a nice little intimate gig.

To cut a long story short halfway through the support act, while Jeff Kazee was singing for the support band (can't remember their name!) the bloody power cuts out. This results in Southside Johnny bringing the rest of the band out to do a short but sweet, totally acoustic set. When I say acoustic I mean him going 'shhhhh!' and singing as loud as he can so the people at the back could hear! A very special version of Hearts of Stone was a highlight for me.
Then some venue employee comes out and basically tells us the power is going to be off for a few hours so we have to get out! But we can get a refund or Southside Johnny has promised to come back next year and do a gig to honour our tickets....
Anyway the band come out and kicked the guy off stage so they could do one last song. They played 'Havin a Party' and the whole band came off stage into the middle of the crowd and it was just a great big singalong.

Against all odds it was a brilliant night!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Jovi FANatic

That is Southside for you! Too bad you didn't get a full show but a great memory nevertheless.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by asok80 View Post
That is Southside for you! Too bad you didn't get a full show but a great memory nevertheless.
Wow - I hadn't heard that. But as said above - a good memory and an obvious plug for SSJ. They can handle just about anything on short notice. It sounds like I would have loved to hear the acoustic set - they do it so well.

I think there is a recording on dime if you want something to remember the show by

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Last edited by Kathleen; 11-08-2010 at 02:21 AM..