Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

An open letter to John Bongiovi: please quit and never ever reunite anymore

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-23-2020, 11:06 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default An open letter to John Bongiovi: please quit and never ever reunite anymore

I'm sorry. (The usual stuff, been listening to Jovi since 1986 and consider being a die hard fan form 1989 to 1992. Seen them live 1993, 1996, 2000, 2008 and 2011.)

Its always been your band, not "brotherhood", we all know that. But your taking it too far now.

Come on mr. Bongiovi. You got a record ready for release in May and ppl around the world are suffering because of covid-19 and would LOVE to hear your up-lifting lyrics and melodies. And yet what, you, billion dollar man decide to do?

We all are suffering from covid-19 but YOU decide you DONT WANT TO. You decide to delay the release of the album until october 2020 so you might still be able to DO STADIUMS in 2021 in support of your record and get some neat income.

You're a creedy man. I'm ashamed of you. And me. I used to adore you. Had your pictures hanging on my fall (not yours solely but the whole band). How wrong I was.

I cant believe I'm writing this but (since you wont quit) I dearly hope Sambora will never ever join the band anymore. From now on I'm staying whole heartedly on his side. Through ups and downs. Dignity, openness, emotion.

Last edited by rokuli; 05-23-2020 at 11:09 PM..

Old 05-24-2020, 12:20 AM
Dry County

It wasn't just up to Jon. There's the record label, distributers, etc. It wouldn't have been possible to release the album in May, any way you look at it. Sure, they could have just put it out digitally when no one but the hardcore fans like the people that post here will care about it. But why would they? Delay it, do it properly when it can be properly promoted and the record is given a chance. Don't be so short sighted to think that it was just up to Jon and that it was a decision made purely for money...

However, the record label is a busness, as is Bon Jovi, and they will have both invested a lot of money into this release. They have worked hard on the songs, the production, the packaging, etc. Of course they want to make that money back. Who wouldn't. It's their living at the end of the day.

Last edited by Thinny; 05-24-2020 at 12:23 AM..
Old 05-24-2020, 02:26 AM
Tokyo Road

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Really naive, childish and short-sighted way to look at things.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:28 AM
It's my post

Default An open letter to John Bongiovi: please quit and never ever reunite anymore

Thereís no doubt over the last 15 years Jon has been some what money driven. Hence the WAN tour and album straight after The Circle one finished had barely finished.

He wanted to buy a football team and needed every available dollar... but...you cannot say he hasnít done good with his wealth. The soul kitchens and the rebuilding of homes after a hurricane for example.

He even cancelled the upcoming tour so people got their money back. 100s of bands have postponed with re-arranged dates that probably still wonít happen if those dates are in the near future.

But the delay of an album in a global pandemic is totally out of his hands. Even if he said I want to release it now the label would stop it. Have the physical copies even been made yet? Factories have only just opened in some industries.

So Iím sorry, you canít blame JBJ for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 05-24-2020, 11:23 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Really naive, childish and short-sighted way to look at things.
Bingo. I honestly can't believe anyone blames JBJ directly for this.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:46 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Bingo. I honestly can't believe anyone blames JBJ directly for this.
Quite frankly it's pathetic. Jon has honestly really impressed me during this whole thing. Yes, the Limitless performance was a bit lazy, but the amount of good he's done has shown the right side of him
Old 05-24-2020, 07:52 PM
These Days

I can't believe my eyes. First Richie and now you as well? I'm not sure Jon be able to handle this. This House Is Now For Sale! It's such a shame that after 37 years our idol has succumbed to the evils of capitalism.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:17 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I can't believe my eyes. First Richie and now you as well? I'm not sure Jon be able to handle this. This House Is Now For Sale! It's such a shame that after 37 years our idol has succumbed to the evils of capitalism.
I'd have loved to read an open letter to Jon written by Richie imilar to this one.

It amuses me how this action is what makes a person feel they need to tell an act to quit. Not the abscence of a key member, the mediocre irrelevant drivel that's been released the past 10 years, not the absolutely meaningless shows, not the complete abscence of a singer, not the prices of merchandising in the shop but a mimed performance on a meaningless talent show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

But Lady Gaga can release an album this month after only delaying it a few weeks.

John Legend is releasing his as scheduled in June. I doubt either are being released physically.

Amazingly, new music is being released by other big artists during this pandemic.

So, am I supposed to be blaming this particular record company for the delay, because there are others that are "allowing" their artists to release right now?

I'd assume if Island won't allow Bon Jovi, Gaga's would be putting a stop to hers as well.

If you are going to use the "unable to sell albums tied to the tour because it was canceled" excuse then you are admitting that it's all about money and chart position, which is also not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like thereís a big game tomorrow, that youíre the underdog, and that youíre going to win."
Old 05-24-2020, 11:22 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
But Lady Gaga can release an album this month after only delaying it a few weeks.

John Legend is releasing his as scheduled in June. I doubt either are being released physically.

Amazingly, new music is being released by other big artists during this pandemic.

So, am I supposed to be blaming this particular record company for the delay, because there are others that are "allowing" their artists to release right now?

I'd assume if Island won't allow Bon Jovi, Gaga's would be putting a stop to hers as well.

If you are going to use the "unable to sell albums tied to the tour because it was canceled" excuse then you are admitting that it's all about money and chart position, which is also not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
You comparing modern artists with young commercial audiences, to an ageing rock band who's audence is mostly 45+ - completely different.

The majority of Bon Jovi's audience do not stream or download, they buy CDs and Vinyl. Yes, still.

99% of Lady GaGa and John Legends audience will stream. These super commericial acts also have a lot more ways to promoter their new releases,as they are pretty much guarenteed more exposure such as regular radio play, etc.

If Bon Jovi would release their album as digital only it would be a collosal failure without any physical product to back it up.