Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Really Good Interview with Jon on Radio 5 Live today

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 11:17 PM
Posting Always

Default Really Good Interview with Jon on Radio 5 Live today

For people in the UK there is a great interview with Jon on 5 live today.
The interview covers a lot more than the usual stuff including family and what he went through when Richie left. Unfortunately he indicates he had a drink problem so Richie fans might want to avoid!

Try this link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nn5x

Last edited by JoviForever; 10-21-2020 at 11:22 PM..

Old 10-22-2020, 04:37 AM
Jovi Freak

Very nice interview!
Fun at some time...
And about Richie, I felt that in this interview Jon talks more about "his... issues" in the past, unlike the other interview where it sounded more like he was talking about Richie in the present.
Thing is that Richie said, very recently: "every thing is cool, give me a call, everything is alright! you know.
And don't think I'm not doing well, because you know I'm very well."
These guys are weird, this case is getting more and more like a Halloween murder mystery.
-_-
Old 10-22-2020, 05:26 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever View Post
For people in the UK there is a great interview with Jon on 5 live today.
The interview covers a lot more than the usual stuff including family and what he went through when Richie left. Unfortunately he indicates he had a drink problem so Richie fans might want to avoid!

Try this link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nn5x
In case people don't want to listen to the whole 3-hr show, the interview with Jon runs from 1:06:32 - 1:31:32.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Price of posting

Default Really Good Interview with Jon on Radio 5 Live today

It’s more like a therapy session than an interview... Makes a change from the “so you’ve cut your hair do you miss long hair” questions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-22-2020, 07:17 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
And about Richie, I felt that in this interview Jon talks more about "his... issues" in the past, unlike the other interview where it sounded more like he was talking about Richie in the present... Thing is that Richie said, very recently: "every thing is cool, give me a call, everything is alright! you know.
And don't think I'm not doing well, because you know I'm very well."
These guys are weird, this case is getting more and more like a Halloween murder mystery.
-_-
I was waiting to see how his spiel would change after Richie's interview; and I agree he made it sound more like Richie's "issues" and "the uncertainty of his sobering up" was in the past, not an ongoing issue. Maybe he just needed a reminder.
But he must have missed the part about the home situation being the reason Richie left; because he still seems determined to convince people it was alcohol, without saying that point-blank. I guess he wants to leave some wiggle-room, in case Richie has to do another interview to remind him (again!) that drugs/alcohol had nothing to do with it. If he does, maybe it will also remind Jon that, in 2013, even he seemed to have no trouble saying, point-blank, that the issue wasn't alcohol.

Of course, things change and memories blur. Like, in this interview, he said a lot about the luxury of having a strong wife to make sure everything stayed on track at home while he was away; and how it's appreciated because "if you have a war in your head and a war at home, you're gonna have a hard time winning it." So I guess he also forgot that, in 2016, he said that he led the charge in balancing family with the crazy touring, but neglected to mention Dorothea's role in making sure "the wheels didn't come off the bus" at home. He just attributed it to the fact that BJ weren't the journeymen they had once been; then added, "so that's (i.e., being home for Ava) really not a great excuse."
Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I was waiting to see how his spiel would change after Richie's interview; and I agree he made it sound more like Richie's "issues" and "the uncertainty of his sobering up" was in the past, not an ongoing issue. Maybe he just needed a reminder.
But he must have missed the part about the home situation being the reason Richie left; because he still seems determined to convince people it was alcohol, without saying that point-blank. I guess he wants to leave some wiggle-room, in case Richie has to do another interview to remind him (again!) that drugs/alcohol had nothing to do with it. If he does, maybe it will also remind Jon that, in 2013, even he seemed to have no trouble saying, point-blank, that the issue wasn't alcohol.

Of course, things change and memories blur. Like, in this interview, he said a lot about the luxury of having a strong wife to make sure everything stayed on track at home while he was away; and how it's appreciated because "if you have a war in your head and a war at home, you're gonna have a hard time winning it." So I guess he also forgot that, in 2016, he said that he led the charge in balancing family with the crazy touring, but neglected to mention Dorothea's role in making sure "the wheels didn't come off the bus" at home. He just attributed it to the fact that BJ weren't the journeymen they had once been; then added, "so that's (i.e., being home for Ava) really not a great excuse."
This interview It's from february. They realeased now because the album was postponed, therefore, Jon has no ideia about Richie recent interview.

Last edited by brunorc21; 10-22-2020 at 08:06 PM..
Old 10-22-2020, 10:14 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
This interview It's from february. They realeased now because the album was postponed, therefore, Jon has no ideia about Richie recent interview.
Thanks for pointing that out. I heard him say that during the intro but because of Beautiful Drug and Do What You Can, and, mostly, Jon's shift from present tense to past tense about Richie's issues, I figured Nihal must have been referring to an earlier interview done in February; or that the original interview had been updated.

But I listened to it again and you're right; theres nothing in the comments to indicate that it isn't the original, so Jon wouldn't have known about the Richie interview. The snark was out of line, and I apologize. Thanks for keeping me honest!

The other points still stand, though. He didn't necessarily have to hear Richie's latest interview to know about any issues that may (or may not) have surrounded Ava in 2013, or to know that in 2013 he and Richie both denied alcohol was the reason, or to have said in 2016 that Ava wasn't really a good excuse simply because the tours weren't as long as they had been in the past.

So as strange as the timing is, with this interview being posted days after Megyn calling him out and Richie's interview, I guess I'm still waiting to see if Jon will revise his statements. I'm actually kinda glad in a way; maybe next time he'll drop the alcohol reference altogether or, better yet, just stop bringing Richie into it at all, and move on.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:50 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I heard him say that during the intro but because of Beautiful Drug and Do What You Can, and, mostly, Jon's shift from present tense to past tense about Richie's issues, I figured Nihal must have been referring to an earlier interview done in February; or that the original interview had been updated.

But I listened to it again and you're right; theres nothing in the comments to indicate that it isn't the original, so Jon wouldn't have known about the Richie interview. The snark was out of line, and I apologize. Thanks for keeping me honest!

The other points still stand, though. He didn't necessarily have to hear Richie's latest interview to know about any issues that may (or may not) have surrounded Ava in 2013, or to know that in 2013 he and Richie both denied alcohol was the reason, or to have said in 2016 that Ava wasn't really a good excuse simply because the tours weren't as long as they had been in the past.

So as strange as the timing is, with this interview being posted days after Megyn calling him out and Richie's interview, I guess I'm still waiting to see if Jon will revise his statements. I'm actually kinda glad in a way; maybe next time he'll drop the alcohol reference altogether or, better yet, just stop bringing Richie into it at all, and move on.
I think this interview showed what a big effect it had on him mentally as much as anything so I think he’s within his rights to bring it up occasionally- not as a reason to slag Richie off but to explain certain things.