Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

New ESP/LTD Sambora Model

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Send a message via AIM to Stratman2008
Default New ESP/LTD Sambora Model

Has anyone played this guitar? I've owned a Sambora strat for 9 years; I LOVE it and I've been thinking about this new model. I know it's ESP's low end. No music stores in my area carry, so I can't try it out. Any opinions?

http://www.myspace.com/jeffpitts

http://www.myspace.com/deleveled

Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 PM
It's my post

I've seen and heard one in the hands of a colleague - It looks quite stunning in the 'flesh'. I think quite a few people will be replacing the neck pickup though - it's a bit featureless.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that it has normal tuners (with the Floyd, obv) and not the Speedloader, tunerless thing (or whatever it's called) that Richie's own uses. It would jack up the price though.

Work, work, work for the workin' man!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Send a message via AIM to Stratman2008

Yeah, I've noticed that. I'd imagine they're testing the waters and seeing how well it sells. Since it's called the SA-2, maybe the SA-1 would be an ESP, pricier model. I think it looks neat, different, but the fact that it does have regular tuners is annoying.

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me View Post
I've seen and heard one in the hands of a colleague - It looks quite stunning in the 'flesh'. I think quite a few people will be replacing the neck pickup though - it's a bit featureless.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that it has normal tuners (with the Floyd, obv) and not the Speedloader, tunerless thing (or whatever it's called) that Richie's own uses. It would jack up the price though.

http://www.myspace.com/jeffpitts

http://www.myspace.com/deleveled
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Breakout

hey, i'm also interested in getting more info on this guitar,
1st question doesit come w/ a Real floyd Rose?, i cannot seem to find any answers to that,
esp says double locking bridge, but you can clearly see Floyd rose on it!,
there's a video on youtube at the namm where the esp rep guy says it's an original floyd rose,
hope this is true, i'm surprised that still no one has it,
i may be getting one shortly
regarding the speedloader thing, i'm not sure it is a great system as you have to buy special strings, good luck to find a shop who stock those....
but they could have at least put only 2 controls just like Richie's and maybe got rid of the tuners...
and it's always good to have the allen keys installed at the back of the neck just like on the Fender Mk I.
i've also seen that the pickups are the ones that come on the cheapest ltd, not really a good sign, ain't it?