Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-28-2021, 12:16 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
What songs do you think Bowie stole/copied?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
He didn't steal any particular songs, but when he made a heavily drum & bass inspired album, he flat out said so. No "I never had a rapper on one of my songs, I never went grunge" bullshitting, he said that he found the music to be exciting and wanted to incoprorate elements of it into the album.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah I think we're saying the same thing here. It got worse with Shanks but it also got more noticeable.

There's a small nagging part of me that still doesn't understand why we give him a pass for doing it during Destination Anywhere and beyond, an album we hold in high regard, and mad at him for doing it now, you know? I guess if it's about the age range, sure I totally get it. But copping off popular things to seem more relevant isn't as frowned upon if we collectively all like the end product I think.
I also think that back in the 90s his rip offs were more subtle...more about a sound or style...some of his more recent output have been direct rip offs of certains songs. I think he walks a fine line between being influenced by and ripping off...
Old 04-28-2021, 03:29 PM
The Distance

Ticket prices come out at noon. Can't wait to see this fiasco... I love how they even make this one day advance ticket purchase part of The Experience.

Someone must be thinking "Hey, Let's rip everyone off a day early"

Can we request a change in name from The Experience to "A Whole Lotta Nothing"?

That's all it is. Just a bunch of nothing...

We couldn't even get a Soundboard version of Right Side Of Wrong without Jon "Yeahing" through it the entire time.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-28-2021 at 05:12 PM..
Old 04-29-2021, 08:11 AM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27

Yeah agreed - this whole Experience is a bit of a joke.

I had an e-mail this morning saying that pre-sale ends soon. I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF IT’S GETTING SHOWN IN ENGLAND LET ALONE WHERE IF IS!
Old 04-29-2021, 11:38 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
Yeah agreed - this whole Experience is a bit of a joke.

I had an e-mail this morning saying that pre-sale ends soon. I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF IT’S GETTING SHOWN IN ENGLAND LET ALONE WHERE IF IS!
Bon Jovi of all bands drumming up events like they are the biggest band in the world, trying to create hype, but completely unable to provide solid answers, making them seem like snake oil salesmen?

Man this is still the same corporate "exclusive experience" lingo they've been using since the Bounce days, only it seems utterly shady by now. Is this what the "CEO" thinks succesfull companies do?
Old 04-29-2021, 05:45 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
There's a small nagging part of me that still doesn't understand why we give him a pass for doing it during Destination Anywhere and beyond, an album we hold in high regard, and mad at him for doing it now, you know? I guess if it's about the age range, sure I totally get it. But copping off popular things to seem more relevant isn't as frowned upon if we collectively all like the end product I think.
I think the reason is the Internet. Before it you had to know the song he was copying from. Nowadays it is very likely someone will point it out to you in a forum, under a video. And you can immediately listen and compare.

Back in the old days it was often times the Bon Jovi song you heard first and when you by chance found similarities somewhere, you first had to check which song was released first.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:55 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by polevka View Post
I think the reason is the Internet. Before it you had to know the song he was copying from. Nowadays it is very likely someone will point it out to you in a forum, under a video. And you can immediately listen and compare.

Back in the old days it was often times the Bon Jovi song you heard first and when you by chance found similarities somewhere, you first had to check which song was released first.
This is such a good point I did not consider. It was easier to get away with it and not fact check when it was harder to find specific songs without paying.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Jovi Fan

Working on something for the JBJ Experience.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVegAsA...=1h1rt3f0x9emo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-01-2021, 07:30 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
This is such a good point I did not consider. It was easier to get away with it and not fact check when it was harder to find specific songs without paying.
But if that were true then surely nowadays people would've pointed out the similarities in the older songs as well?

These Days sounds like the mid-nineties but is a mix of various influences as much as Crush is a mix of what was popular late nineties. But the rockers on Bounce, in a nutshell, sound pretty much like Creed meets Linkin Park. Instead of copying the sound of an era they've started copying the sound of the 3 most popular bands.

I think this is why it's not as easy to come up with as many similar songs for the first 6 records as it is for everything that's followed since. Sure, it's happened in the past as well. Last Man Standing is a copy of Turn The Page as much as Bitter Wine is a copy of Shooting Star. Never Say Goodbye is a Southside Johnny song. Yes, Hearts Breaking Even is essentially a rewrite of Aerosmith's Cryin' but you can't sing the melody of Cryin' over Hearts Breakin' Even like you can sing It's My Life over and over and over again on close to 10 songs that've followed that one. With 2020 you can almost song for song say what "inspired" Jon to come up with this stuff. You just can't do the same with the older records.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 05-01-2021 at 07:45 PM..
Old 05-01-2021, 08:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

But if that were true then surely nowadays people would've pointed out the similarities in the older songs as well?

These Days sounds like the mid-nineties but is a mix of various influences as much as Crush is a mix of what was popular late nineties. But the rockers on Bounce, in a nutshell, sound pretty much like Creed meets Linkin Park. Instead of copying the sound of an era they've started copying the sound of the 3 most popular bands.

I think this is why it's not as easy to come up with as many similar songs for the first 6 records as it is for everything that's followed since. Sure, it's happened in the past as well. Last Man Standing is a copy of Turn The Page as much as Bitter Wine is a copy of Shooting Star. Never Say Goodbye is a Southside Johnny song. Yes, Hearts Breaking Even is essentially a rewrite of Aerosmith's Cryin' but you can't sing the melody of Cryin' over Hearts Breakin' Even like you can sing It's My Life over and over and over again on close to 10 songs that've followed that one. With 2020 you can almost song for song say what "inspired" Jon to come up with this stuff. You just can't do the same with the older records.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
The songs post 2000 got lazier, yeah. It's gotten worse, I'm not denying any of that but I still think they were called out on it less in the first six records for trend-chasing without social media. They did it in a more organic way but it's still the same idea.

But it's also like....who is listening to the album tracks if the singles are bombing? They should have gotten a world of hell for re-writing How Far We've Come in Beautiful World but no one got far enough in the album to even care. Singles, I totally get, but album cuts are a strange place to rip off hit songs.