Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Expectations for the 2018 Tour

Tour Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Next 100 Posts

Default Expectations for the 2018 Tour

I'm pretty sure the two new songs will be pinned to death on the setlist. Blaze, Hey God, and Dry County are one of my favorites but I have a strong feeling that these three will be butchered. Jon might go up on unexpectable heights again like he did on the SA Tour. Saturday Night will be on acoustic as much as possible. Still have a lot of these but I'm not expecting a lot from Jon right now. Still hoping for more improvement though, but other than that there's just nothing left.

Last edited by Cap Crash; 12-09-2017 at 02:58 AM..

Old 12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Something for the Posts

I'm really glad that Jon is feeling more confident vocally and the SA tour did him a world of good...BUT he has to be careful...if he goes out there singing songs like Hey God every night, it could end up being really bad for his voice in the long run. I hope he can pull it off, but I'd rather see him play a safe set and nail it (as much as 2017 Jon can nail it), than bring out stuff that will test his vocals too much and possibly give us more cringe worthy performances...
Old 12-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

In more hope than expectation, I'd like as many THINFS songs in rotation as possible. I'd love to hear Born Again Tomorrow live again, it's criminally underplayed.

As ever, ditch the usual filler suspects and chuck a few other album/less played tracks in there like Wild Is The Wind, TAALS, Misunderstood etc... Anything at the level of the SA shows would be good enough at this stage.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
I'm pretty sure the two new songs will be pinned to death on the setlist. Blaze, Hey God, and Dry County are one of my favorites but I have a strong feeling that these three will be butchered. Jon might go up on unexpectable heights again like he did on the SA Tour. Saturday Night will be on acoustic as much as possible. Still have a lot of these but I'm not expecting a lot from Jon right now. Still hoping for improvement though, but other than that there's just nothing left.
I hope they play BAT because it's the best song from THINFS and also rarities that won't kill his voice like OWN, I'd die for you and Novocaine.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I expect every show within driving distance of me will be on either a Wednesday or Thursday night and it will be a bitch trying to get to a show because I’ve already used all my sick days at work.

I think we will see more variety in the set lists. I think the band will be really tight and sound amazing. Jon will be out to prove himself and get his confidence back.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
I hope they play BAT because it's the best song from THINFS and also rarities that won't kill his voice like OWN, I'd die for you and Novocaine.
The "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah..." part at the end of OWN is pretty damn high (at least B4s if not C5s), so it would be a real test for what Jon is capable of nowadays. Then again, he'd probably butcher the whole song...
Old 12-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
The "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah..." part at the end of OWN is pretty damn high (at least B4s if not C5s), so it would be a real test for what Jon is capable of nowadays. Then again, he'd probably butcher the whole song...
Who says Jon has to sing that part of the song? If he decided to sing it he can lower the note so it's comfortable on his voice.

Last edited by DavetheGodofKeys; 12-08-2017 at 04:35 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 03:08 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think we will see more variety in the set lists.
Hopefully the bonus tracks from THINFS will show up too. IWDYH have a high chance to be included and is a much softer version of Labor Of Love and Make a Memory combined which makes it very doable. I'm just really curious how the outro will sound live.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:18 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
OWN again is out of reach for him. If they'll play it again, it will be on a very slower tempo so Jon can catch up. I'll be very surprised if they'll play I'd Die For You. But I think it will end up like Captain Crash again. Requires less range but here you see Jon struggling nail a note. Novocaine has zero chance though.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
OWN again is out of reach for him. If they'll play it again, it will be on a very slower tempo so Jon can catch up. I'll be very surprised if they'll play I'd Die For You. But I think it will end up like Captain Crash again. Requires less range but here you see Jon struggling nail a note. Novocaine has zero chance though.
What about Right Side of the Wrong and Superman Tonight then?