Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

"Livin' In Sin" live

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to severo17
Default "Livin' In Sin" live

Was "Livin' In Sin" ever played live in the Keep the Faith, These Days and Crush tours?
If so, anyone knows in which shows?
Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Jovi Freak

If you wanna know, I would check out Seb's site as I don't think any of us would know this off the top of our heads.

The only one I know is Australia 10/17/1993 because it was an interesting setlist.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 AM
These Days

Just checked the Australia setlist out. Indeed very nice.

From all I've seen the setlist of the KTF tour was pretty stable over all. Not SO many changes or surprises. I have some bootlegs, mostly the same setlist. It seems it wasn't until 1995 that they started mixing things more up, while coming to a fulminant climax in 1996, where every show was super long and special.

That said, we can be quite greatful nowadays, in comparison we get a differnet show every night...
Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Just checked the Australia setlist out. Indeed very nice.

From all I've seen the setlist of the KTF tour was pretty stable over all. Not SO many changes or surprises. I have some bootlegs, mostly the same setlist. It seems it wasn't until 1995 that they started mixing things more up, while coming to a fulminant climax in 1996, where every show was super long and special.

That said, we can be quite greatful nowadays, in comparison we get a differnet show every night...
Every KTF show was fantastic...it had With A Little Help From My Friends.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
Every KTF show was fantastic...it had With A Little Help From My Friends.
I didn't doubt the shows were good, I enjoy the bootlegs a lot. But not every show had "With A Little Help". My point was the lack of diversity in the setlists of that tour and that there has been quite some improvement since.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
It's my post

Quote:
I didn't doubt the shows were good, I enjoy the bootlegs a lot. But not every show had "With A Little Help". My point was the lack of diversity in the setlists of that tour and that there has been quite some improvement since.
Most tracks in the setlists were great back then though. They may change it up more nowadays - they would, they have much more material to draw from - but their 'filler song' choices are not the most popular, again because they have such a wide catalogue to draw from in comparison to the early 90s.

Here's an interesting question to ponder though and I'm certainly not 100% where my opinion truly lies -

If you could only attend one more Bon Jovi show and you had the choice of either selecting a setlist reminiscent of the early 90s, which varied little or a setlist that is more in-keeping with last tour's, which would you choose?

Both have their positives and negatives but, energy of the performances aside, I think I would probably opt for the chance of getting a set which could feature some 'These Days' material and possibly great songs like 'Always' (which the KTF show obviously wouldn't have) than to have an early 90s show.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to severo17

Thanks for the information
Just saw the setlist from that show, but I don't seem to find the bootleg in nowhere.
Oh well
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post
Most tracks in the setlists were great back then though. They may change it up more nowadays - they would, they have much more material to draw from - but their 'filler song' choices are not the most popular, again because they have such a wide catalogue to draw from in comparison to the early 90s.

Here's an interesting question to ponder though and I'm certainly not 100% where my opinion truly lies -

If you could only attend one more Bon Jovi show and you had the choice of either selecting a setlist reminiscent of the early 90s, which varied little or a setlist that is more in-keeping with last tour's, which would you choose?

Both have their positives and negatives but, energy of the performances aside, I think I would probably opt for the chance of getting a set which could feature some 'These Days' material and possibly great songs like 'Always' (which the KTF show obviously wouldn't have) than to have an early 90s show.
That's an interesting question. I'd personally make the same choice as you, mainly for the same reason. Although it also might have something to do with the fact that I've so far seen almost every single BJ song live that was performed during the KTF ... its only the really REALLY rare ones like Fear and If I Was Your Mother that I haven't seen, and there'd be almost no chance of seeing them if I picked a KTF setlist anyways

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Sorry about that then, misread it

RS8MB0R8:

I think I would still choose the KTF setlist. I think the setlists were fantastic back then(Blaze, Bed Of Roses, Dry County, Help From My Friends) and they would have more energy compared to nowadays.