Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ Doesn't Know What To Expect From Documentary

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan
Default JBJ Doesn't Know What To Expect From Documentary

Bon Jovi has a documentary in the works to coincide with its 25 year anniversary. The band has recently brought a film crew out on the road to shoot interviews and other footage. Award-winning filmmaker Barbara Kopple is behind the new film. Singer Jon Bon Jovi says he hopes to dig up some archived footage as well, but tells us he doesn't know exactly what to expect from the film: "I'm not sure. And I think that's partly the beauty of it and the fear that's driving it. I was interested because people have been offering us boatloads of money to write a memoir. And I'm not ready to write a biography yet because it's too soon. This story is half told. I'd like to catch the moments while the moments are happening. And look back on the 25 years while the moments are fresh. With this because I'm making it and it's either going to tell the truth or it's not coming out."

There's no word on when the DVD will come out.

http://www.kbsradio.ca/news/music/87/715764

Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_rizwan View Post
With this because I'm making it and it's either going to tell the truth or it's not coming out."
What he means is that it's either telling the story how he'd love to see it or it's not coming out. There's a big difference between the truth and Jon's truth.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Blaze of Posting

I honestly hope that this docu comes out as even handed, as say the "Runnin' Down a Dream" documentary about Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. Knowing how strictly the band, and Jon in particular guard the band's history, I have severe doubts..
Old 05-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

What he means is that it's either telling the story how he'd love to see it or it's not coming out. There's a big difference between the truth and Jon's truth.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
You mean like Behind The Music?

I'm hoping the band releases a "truthful" documentry because I think they really do have quite an interesting story to tell after all these years in the music business.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
You mean like Behind The Music?

I'm hoping the band releases a "truthful" documentry because I think they really do have quite an interesting story to tell after all these years in the music business.
If they're releasing this documentary at least 10 minutes of it should be spend on Richie and his habbits which is why I don't think it'll come out or eventually will be heavily edited. This band and especially Jon doesn't like to see himself and doesn't like it when people see the other side of him. And since we all know what a moody **** he can be I wonder if the documentary will show that as well. The Jon Bon Jovi that can't be bothered during soundchecks and all that. It'll make him look like a ****er and that just doesn't fit in the picture Jon wants people to have of Bon Jovi.

Obviously, there's another side that's the bollocks, but my guess it'll be like the Sugarland special which was fake as hell and showed a bunch of phoneys instead of musicians.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

If they're releasing this documentary at least 10 minutes of it should be spend on Richie and his habbits which is why I don't think it'll come out or eventually will be heavily edited. This band and especially Jon doesn't like to see himself and doesn't like it when people see the other side of him. And since we all know what a moody **** he can be I wonder if the documentary will show that as well. The Jon Bon Jovi that can't be bothered during soundchecks and all that. It'll make him look like a ****er and that just doesn't fit in the picture Jon wants people to have of Bon Jovi.

Obviously, there's another side that's the bollocks, but my guess it'll be like the Sugarland special which was fake as hell and showed a bunch of phoneys instead of musicians.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
That's kinda what I meant by Behind The Music. It was made to tell the story the band wanted to tell.

They won't show Richie and his habits because then it would go back to "we're not the cliche rock band" type thing even though that is definitely an element to the story of the band.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
That's kinda what I meant by Behind The Music. It was made to tell the story the band wanted to tell.

They won't show Richie and his habits because then it would go back to "we're not the cliche rock band" type thing even though that is definitely an element to the story of the band.
Ah I thought you meant the opposite.

When they asked Richie what his favourite world tour was, he responded "this tour is really great" when they were doing the Have A Nice Day Tour. He was in the middle of a divource, had a broken shoulder, was in all the tabloids, couldn't walk a straight line, was on painkillers, broke up with his other girlfriend later on, and the Have A Nice Day Tour was his favourite tour.

It just shows how much truth they're always telling, and this documentary will not be any different unless Jon all of a sudden realizes that he can't polish a documentary like he can polish up his vocals.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Just posting

To be honest, I'm not waiting for a biography of Jon Bon Jovi or even Bon Jovi.
I mean, they had a pretty boring careers to others, what the **** to they have to tell us??

I really enjoyed the biographies of Kurt Cobain & Anthony Kiedis, but they had drama in their lives, which makes in interested, how sad it is. But what has Jon to tell us, I've got succes, I'm married, never cheated never used drugs or never got problems with alcohol. Jon won't discuss his threesomes, his blowjobs and his occasional rimming.
He/they hadn't really a interesting career compared to 'fellow collegeaus'. Straight to the point Jon and Bon Jovi are a BORING band, that's not bad, it's just a bit, uuuuh, well, boring.....
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Bon Jovi has a documentary in the works to coincide with its 25 year anniversary. The band has recently brought a film crew out on the road to shoot interviews and other footage. Award-winning filmmaker Barbara Kopple is behind the new film. Singer Jon Bon Jovi says he hopes to dig up some archived footage as well, but tells us he doesn't know exactly what to expect from the film: "I'm not sure. And I think that's partly the beauty of it and the fear that's driving it. I was interested because people have been offering us boatloads of money to write a memoir. And I'm not ready to write a biography yet because it's too soon. This story is half told. I'd like to catch the moments while the moments are happening. And look back on the 25 years while the moments are fresh. With this because I'm making it and it's either going to tell the truth or it's not coming out."

Well the poin that the 'hired' a film crew NOW, will probably say you get a lot of footage and interviews of NOW but won't get shit about the previous 24 yrs
Old 05-11-2008, 01:34 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:

Cheers for that, hope it is coming out, and sorry to hear about your dad Mo!

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...