Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

How does the circle rank amongst other Jovi Albums to you?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Send a message via MSN to JoviLord
Thumbs down How does the circle rank amongst other Jovi Albums to you?

First Post I am very much looking forward to spending alot of time discussing Bon Jovi on this site

But now down to business, i've been listening to the Circle alot it as I play all 12 of my albums plus one wild night all regularly, it's hard to place the circle amongst my top albums, Im loving We Weren't Born to Follow, Superman Tonight, Work For the Working man etc, to be honest songs I think should be released as singles for sure are Brokenpromiseland and Happy Now, I feel it is disappointing chart wise but a great album for all Bon Jovi Fans, but here I place my list top to bottom of all the Jovi Studio Albums, I hope to get some response to the feelings amongst other Bon Jovi fans on the strengths and weaknesses of the new album

1. Slippery When Wet, My First Bon Jovi Album, Still has to be ranked the best Launched them into the spotlight and Wanted Dead or Alive, You give love a bad name, living on a prayer, and never say goodbye were all classic Songs a personal favourite of mine is Without love.

2. Keep The Faith, Songs Like Fear, Woman in love, and a personal favourite off the album I want you bring this album right up there for me, I believe is another favourite son I felt deserved a much better chart performance, and with keep the faith, bed of roses, in these arms, and ill sleep when im dead, this album will remain a favourite for me for years to come, and showed Bon Jovi would survive under Jons new management.

3. Crush, Is hard for me to fault Crush although a different style completely from these days, although the band were heading for some softer songs, It's my life brought in a new fan base, but for me songs like Thank you for loving me, Save the world, Mystery train, Just Older, Say it isn't so, brought jovi only more admiration from me, perhaps it's rock status was effected a little but ranks among the best albums for me.

4. New Jersey, Charted 5 songs in the Billboard hot 100 top ten an amazing feat To me the stand out song off the album other than the singles is Wild Is the Wind, and with the two no1's in ill be there for you, and bad medicene, along with Lay your hands on me, born to be my baby and living in sin, it is seen as a full rock ballard album to me, and sure I think ride cowboy ride is unneccessary but still is a great album for me.

5. Self Titled Bon Jovi, She don't know me, runaway, Love lies, roulette, break out a album of authority and the hard rock that I miss from Jovi the most now, destined for greatness this album I only got last year at last but has become played whilst working a great deal.

6. Bounce, Now even though it didnt go platinum in the states bounce has remained the album I think has some of the greatest song writing talent, Undivided, The Distance, Joey, Misunderstood, but my personal favourites off the album lie in Everyday, Love me back to life, Open all night and you had me from hello is so very hard to rank these jovi albums but bounce is not there best but the jovi standard is high and I think the album needed a rock ballard to stand out.

7.These days, a great album, Hey God, This aint a love song, These Days, Something for pain, lie to m, if thats what it takes etc, an album described as there darkess i've never been able to see it, it signalled a change to softer guitar solos but perhaps more beautifully arranged bon jovi songs.

8. The Circle, This Album I feel has some classic Jovi songs within it, I feel it lacks a great love song, superman tonight comes close but the video has spolit tht for me a little bit I think, We werent born to follow, Happy now, loves the only rule, Brokenpromiseland, learn to love, and Live before you die all have great meaning, this album is still sinking in for me but I think it beats out have a nice day just...

9. Have a Nice Day, 2005, I looked forward to this album greatly and the title track didnt disappoint songs like welcome to wherever you are, I am, Last man Standing, I want to be loved, and the bonus track dirty little secrets are all stand outs, I love novocaine a song with such meaning have a nice day is a gd album, the cover art excellent

10. Lost Highway 2007 country bon jovi came to life, and although I loved the album, I don't listen to it a great deal anymore I feel you want to make a memory anchored the whole album, we've got it going on, lonely, til we aint strangers anymore, the last night, any other day, summertime all memorable songs seat next to you and a whole lot of leaving are very well written, but this album isnt as memorable as the others, but still country bon jovi I enjoyed, and live before you die on the circle seems to be a song that remains to have tht feel in it for me.

11. Lucky last, 7800 degrees fahrenheit, (note im nt including this left feels right) Hot rock as it was known, has its high point I feel it so similar to Self titled bon jovi that is why it comes in last, as i've always noticed changes as Bon jovi always have wanted something new, in and out of love is a great song, only lonely, the price of love and the hardest part is the night are all memorable tracks, I don't think the album did there future talents justice, but in saying that this album is still great is just so hard to rank them.

Ok now i've done it I ask you too share your favourite tracks, lyrics etc...there is so much jovi knowledge to be passed around im sure

~JoviLord~
You think you know me, just because you know my name, you think you see me, cause you see every line on my face, You want to me, just because I say that I want you, Doesn't matter if anything im saying is the truth

Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Posting Always

I don't know if I can bring myself to rank all the albums again. It'd probably look something like this:

These Days
Slippery When Wet
Keep the Faith
New Jersey
The Circle
Have a Nice Day
Crush
Bounce
Bon Jovi
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Jovi Freak

We had an Album Rankings thread towards the end of November last year. You can see the thread here: http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...d.php?t=49689&

The results were:

01. New Jersey = 300
02. These Days = 288
03. Keep The Faith = 280
04. Slippery When Wet = 249
05. The Circle = 198
06. Have A Nice Day = 132
07. Crush = 124
08. 7800* Fahrenheit = 122
09. Bon Jovi = 113
10. Bounce = 107
11. Lost Highway = 97

Personally, my ranking would be

01. Slippery
02. Keep the Faith
03. New Jersey
04. These Days
05. The Circle
06. Have A Nice Day
07. Lost Highway
08. Crush
09. Bounce
10. 7800
11. Bon Jovi

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Price of posting

see my sig.

For me as a fan since SWW i have to say that KTF is the most over rated album - too many weak songs that dont stand the test of time.

Woman in love
i want you
Blame it on the love
sleep when im dead

are imo the above are all terrible/poor/weak songs. How they wrote those poor songs but yet brilliant songs like I Believe, KTF, dry county, in these arms, fear, little bit of soul and save a prayer at the same time is beyond me.

all abums have 1 or 2 we dislike but for me KTF has the most.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p34semm View Post
For me as a fan since SWW i have to say that KTF is the most over rated album - too many weak songs that dont stand the test of time.

Woman in love
i want you
Blame it on the love
sleep when im dead

are imo the above are all terrible/poor/weak songs. How they wrote those poor songs but yet brilliant songs like I Believe, KTF, dry county, in these arms, fear, little bit of soul and save a prayer at the same time is beyond me.
Little Bit of Soul is a terrible song IMO. That and Woman in Love are the only 2 songs I dislike from KTF

Quote:
all abums have 1 or 2 we dislike but for me KTF has the most.
My most 'least loved' songs come from Crush with I Got The Girl, Mystery Train and She's A Mystery. Although equally, there are 3 songs each from HAND, 7800 and TD I also dislike.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Price of posting

I think that since TD the albums have been more patchy.

where as there were always 1 or 2 I disliked its now at the stage where there are 4 or 5

although I like them all on Circle except Bullett
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Out of the last five albums.

1. HAND
2. Crush
3. The Circle
4. Lost Highway
5. Bounce
Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Jovi Freak

Well I don't use it as a drink coaster as I do with TLFR and Lost Highway but it's nowhere near the upper echelon of Bon Jovi albums that is SWW, NJ, KTF and TD.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:35 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I ranked it in chronological order so it comes directly after the single of We Weren't Born To Follow and it's followed by the Blaze Of Glory CD Single.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Posting Always

I can never accurately order the albums because theres always a time where one album feels right and another doesn't. Over the last decade of albums the one I generally back has been HAND. Yet sometimes I can here crush and think 'hey, this isn't bad at all' and feel the fresh enthusiasm that 2000 Jovi had after their 4 year break. Sometimes I might let itunes run through and when it gets to Bounce I can sit listening to it and then realise it has some decent songs on it.

The fact is these albums contain some songs that you might love but there might be some stinkers too. In a way it makes each album quite endearing and unique, the little quirks you notice don't always make it a shit album. Bearing this in mind, the Circle has its own triumphs and flaws and I accept it in equal company with the other albums. Lines like 'think about it, wouldn't that be cool?' are cringeworthy but provoke a smile. I don't expect a serious masterpiece, for me they've done that with TD.

I'm happy with what we got, a collection of varied songs to sing along to with the volume turned up. Some problems are evident but sometimes the experiences we have and the emotion we attach to the songs become more important than the songs themselves. I'm sure for years to come the Circle will remind me of a time when I was young, carefree and at uni, exploring the world, getting into stupid situations but having fun. The music ain't perfect but it fits beautifully with other albums and the memories and emotions I associate with each one.
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.