Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Villa Park 9th June 2013 - Official Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Posting Always

Default Villa Park 9th June 2013 - Official Thread

Right,

This one is my expertise. Being a big Aston Villa fan this is a dream for my favourite band to play at my favourite football club (soccer for all you Americanos). I have my gold circle ticket as diamond sold out in seconds. but im happy with my purchase. Villa Park is quite a small ground - holds 43,000 on match days so I'm expecting the same. So you're still going to be very very close in gold circle.

So anything you want to know about the area, location, amenities etc then I'm your man. Please feel free to PM me. Here is a bit of info for you people not from the area:

Villa Park is situated on the outskirts of Birmingham in a not-so-nice part of the city called Aston.

There are no decent bars/restaurants anywhere close so you're best off going to Birmingham city centre.

The nearest railway station is Witton which is a 5 minute walk, or Aston station is 10-15mins. These stations can be reached from Birmingam New Street station.

Car parking isn't great in the area. There is an official club car park behind the Holte End and North End stands but I don't know the availability of these. There are various car parks in the area - I usually park in the car park underneath the Flyover by Aston station. DO NOT park in the local streets & estates. It is a very rough area with high crime. Kids will bribe you with cash to "look after your car" and if you refuse chances are it will be done in.

You're best off staying in the centre and getting the train. It takes 10mins to Witton and they usually provide extra trains for football supporters. I'm confident they'll do the same for Bon Jovi

Meet ups are best off in the city centre - The Bull Ring is a massive shopping mall and has an array of restaurants in and around it, and is very close to Birmingham New Street station.

Broad St and the canals also has many bars and restaurants but is a bit further away from the station.

Any more info please ask.

Nick

Mod Edit:

Setlist-
1. That's What The Water Made Me
2. Bad Name
3. Born To Be My Baby
4. Raise Your Hands
5. Lost Highway
6. Runaway
7. It's My Life
8. Because We Can
9. What About Now
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Keep The Faith
12. Amen
13. Bed Of Roses
14. Captain Crash
15. Born To Follow
16. Who Says You Can't Go Home
17. Rockin' All Over The World
18. Sleep
19. Bad Medicine w/ Old Time Rock n Roll

Encore I

20. Dry County
21. Wanted
22. In These Arms
23. Happy Now
24. Have A Nice Day
25. Prayer (with acoustic intro)

Encore II

26. Always
27. Blood On Blood

Last edited by Bounce7800; 06-11-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
So you're still going to be very very close in gold circle.
Despite this being your expertise (couldn't resist) you're wrong on this one. The Golden Circle is roughly the same size everywhere, it's got something to do with a certain amount of people allowed on a certain amount of square feet. There's always around 5.000 tickets sold but they can't make the area smaller because of safety regulations. Just figured I'd tell you.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Despite this being your expertise (couldn't resist) you're wrong on this one. The Golden Circle is roughly the same size everywhere, it's got something to do with a certain amount of people allowed on a certain amount of square feet. There's always around 5.000 tickets sold but they can't make the area smaller because of safety regulations. Just figured I'd tell you.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Thanks Seb,

But I was under the impression it's all done on ratio. I've seen the plan/layout and the area does look pretty small so it would have to be a huge area on the scale to fit 5000 onto the pitch.

Villa Park is a football stadium very tightly compacted with no pitch perimeter at all. I imagine the stage will be shrunk a bit to compensate. But I'm sure you'll tll me otherwise
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Thanks Seb,

But I was under the impression it's all done on ratio. I've seen the plan/layout and the area does look pretty small so it would have to be a huge area on the scale to fit 5000 onto the pitch.

Villa Park is a football stadium very tightly compacted with no pitch perimeter at all. I imagine the stage will be shrunk a bit to compensate. But I'm sure you'll tll me otherwise
Have you seen the official plan layout or just the one posted on ticketmaster and the likes? Those are always incorrect and just shown to indicate what a GC is like. You're right, the stage might be downscaled, but as for the rest it's all being regulated by very strict safety registrictions. It's got something to do with there just being 2 small exits on both sides while the field has several exits in case something happens. I've learned this from talking to several security guards over Europe.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Have you seen the official plan layout or just the one posted on ticketmaster and the likes? Those are always incorrect and just shown to indicate what a GC is like. You're right, the stage might be downscaled, but as for the rest it's all being regulated by very strict safety registrictions. It's got something to do with there just being 2 small exits on both sides while the field has several exits in case something happens. I've learned this from talking to several security guards over Europe.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Well if you're right, Seb then I'm getting there very early! Because the outer perimeter for GC will come to the half way line and there will be little room for general standing. Believe me, Villa Park pitch is tiny.

Maybe someone who went to Bristol a few years ago can tell us how big/small GC was
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

You paint a lovely picture of the area, I can't wait to go
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Jovi Obsession

Ahh good to see a thread which has been taken over, the above discussion could've been put into a separate thread

Wembley Stadium 2000
Glasgow, Dublin, Huddersfield, Milton Keynes, Cardiff 2001
Glasgow, Dublin, Wolverhampton, Manchester, Hyde Park 2003
Dublin, Munich, Manchester, Southampton, Hull 2006
The o2 London 2007
Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Manchester, London 2008
The o2 London - 8 nights, 2010
Dublin, Hyde Park 2011
Manchester, Hyde Park, IOW 2013
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Last Man Standing

I've been with Leeds away a couple of times, in a shit hole of an area but a proper football ground. Will hopefully be there on a cheap ticket, prob watching from the toilets
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80 View Post
I've been with Leeds away a couple of times, in a shit hole of an area but a proper football ground. Will hopefully be there on a cheap ticket, prob watching from the toilets
Well I hope you don't suffer from vertigo. The Holte End is very steep and very high and if you're on the back row your view of the screens may be impeded by the roof.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
Ahh good to see a thread which has been taken over, the above discussion could've been put into a separate thread
Well when Seb starts a discussion you feel obliged to discuss! That said, good point.