Official June 24, 2013, Eden Arena, Prague thread

Tour Discussion

Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Official June 24, 2013, Eden Arena, Prague thread

Aloha !

Predictions, disappointments, reviews and rants about this show go in this topic.

1. That's What The Water Made Me
2. You Give Love A Bad Name
3. Raise Your Hands
4. Lost Highway
5. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
6. It's My Life
7. Because We Can
8. What About Now
9. We Got It Goin' On
10. Keep The Faith
11. (You Want To) Make A Memory
12. In These Arms
13. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
14. We Weren't Born To Follow
15. Who Says You Can't Go Home
16. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
17. Bad Medicine
/ Shout

Encore:
18. Love's The Only Rule
19. Wanted Dead Or Alive
20. I'm With You
21. These Days
22. Livin' On A Prayer
23. This Ain't A Love Song

The last time Bon Jovi played Prague was September 4, 1993. The setlist contained no surprises, apart from it being shorter than usual.

No line graph due to unavailable chart information

Songs played per album:

More information here: http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/07_K.../19930904.html

Bon Jovi have tried to play Prague multiple times afterwards, but no gig ever really happened. As a matter of fact, the European leg of the 1995 tour was supposed to end in Prague, but the show was cancelled a few months after tickets had gone on sale due to it ending up in a financial disaster on behalf of the promoters. Various websites list this show as having taken place, but this is incorrect.

More information can be found here: http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/09_T.../19950709.html

There has been talk of a show in Prague with pretty much every tour ever since, and finally organisers seem to have gotten in right, despite it being in a smaller venue than originally hoped for.

I reckon this show will be similar to Berlin and the likes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 06-25-2013 at 05:24 AM..

Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Suddenly

Hi everybody, here are some other details about the show/venue.

VENUE
Capacity for the concert is approx. 30,000 (more about the Eden Arena).

TICKETS
Tickets are still available through the Eventim.cz site, even for DC/GC sectors. The show will definitely not be sold out (although the seating sectors are almost filled).

SUPPORT BAND
Support for the show is the Czech pop band called Support Lesbiens (yes, you read it right. Don't ask ). For example, their current single you can find .

SCHEDULE (CET/UTC+1 time zone):
Here is the official concert schedule provided by ticket seller. The show will end approx. at 22:00 because of the night silence rule (venue is right next to the residential area).

17:00 Opening of the arena
18:00 Opening-band Support Lesbiens
19:00 BON JOVI
22:00 Official end of the concert

WEATHER FORECAST
Well, that will be definitely interesting
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Suddenly

Looks like the band is spending the day off in Prague already - http://instagram.com/philx1111 ..
Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Posting everyday

Yeah they left Cologne by plane at 11:30 last night.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Thanks Seb for starting the thread.

It's quite a historic moment for us here. I hope the show will be decent, enough people will show up, they'll have a good time (Czech people are a strange audience) and the weather won't that bad as they predict. I personally hope for a rarity (something like they did yesterday, something unxpected rather than the obvious "rare" songs).

I'm quite pissed right now. I was so close to being in a TV during in backstage. My friend works for Prima Family TV and her colleague needed someone to film a reportage in backstage plus a free access to the show. Unfortunately I was late with my reply because I was in Austria on a trip and connected to the internet at the evening at the hotel.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Jovi FANatic

Seems like nobody really cares about this show.

I'll try to update the setlist during the show. I don't have twitter so I'll try to post it here. If there's interest.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Seems like nobody really cares about this show.

I'll try to update the setlist during the show. I don't have twitter so I'll try to post it here. If there's interest.
Actually, I do care. Prague is a beautiful city and for some reason I expected the show for tonight being better than average. I did expect the same of Stuttgart as well though, so that theory goes right out of the window now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 06-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Blaze of Posting

god, that opening band sounds dreadful. Where do they find these acts?!?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
god, that opening band sounds dreadful. Where do they find these acts?!?
Yeah, I don't like them. I even didn't like them when they were the real Support Lesbiens. Now it's just the guitarist with a new band who was quick to register the name... so the rest of the original line-up has to use a new name. Those are supposed to be their best tunes: and
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Actually, I do care. Prague is a beautiful city and for some reason I expected the show for tonight being better than average. I did expect the same of Stuttgart as well though, so that theory goes right out of the window now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Thanks. Shame you don't come. I hope there is another show in the future which is with Richie so you people'll come. But what can we say now about the future?