Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

A voice question

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-28-2003, 01:23 AM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to {_Warrior_}
Default A voice question

Note that my intention is not create a debate here, I just wanna an explanation, if somebody has it. How Jon changed his voice since These Days to now, look, how can he sing a perfect song like "Always" in the LFL DVD and has a such poor performance like in Bed of Roses from Crush DVD. I mean itīs only 4 or 5 years. Could someone explain what happened to me.

Note = For me, now heīs getting better again.

Old 03-28-2003, 01:45 AM
It's my post

all i know is that since the leading man crap he has started smoking.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:34 AM
Keep the Faith

Actually, it was Moonlight and Valentino where he claimed to start smoking...
Old 03-28-2003, 03:10 AM
Dry County

Only Jon and a few other people know what happened. Knowing what a perfectionist he is there should be a damn good reason for how his voice sounded in 2000. But it looks like now his voice sounds better. I pray for his health.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Livin' on a Post

i think he's getting older... but please, let me explain before you shout at me! :P

jon has admitted he can not reach the higher notes he sung when he was young, and most bj songs are not specially easy to sing. when people get older, his voice gets older too, and they need to change they way they sing. there are a lot of examples of this, but take a look at one: david coverdale, from whitesnake.

for me, david is one the best vocalist ever. nowadays, his voice is not as good as it should, and he has changed the way he sings. i prefer the 'old voice', but the 'new one' is more mature, with more style. he cannot scream like he did in the past, but that don't means he is a bad singer. he has changed the way he sings the old tunes, but it still ok. this example can be applied to every singer go is getting older (well, maybe tom jomes is an exception )

in the last performance i was (bryan adams), mr adams lost his voice completely in 1 hour and a half. and that don't means he is a bad vocalist at all... but sometimes the age makes this kind of things.

the same can be applied to jon. i know the band has changed some songs, tune them to a lower note in order to make jon feel more confortable.

i think the problem is that we all get used to hear a song in a specific way, and when this change, we get confused.

but he is still a great vocalist, with a wide range of skills. i love when i heard him sing 'that's all right, mama'... sounds like if elvis was alive!

at last, let me say that a man who can stand more than 3 hours singin' cannot be a bad singer...
truth became a lie
kiss them all and say goodbye
Old 03-29-2003, 03:57 AM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

So he got that "old" in only 4 years ?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Suddenly

I truely believe the smoking has more to do with it than his age. Yes, I'm sure age does play apart and probably years of pushing himself the wrong way. I know when I was smoking it made it "extreamly" difficult to hit certain notes or sing for an extended period.

I quit but it has made some permanent changes in my voice and how much or how I can use it.

I miss the old stuff but realize that it came at a price too. I just hope he can keep going as I'm not ready to say "Good-bye" to these guys!

Thanks for sharing your opinions. I find this very interesting
Old 03-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovijunkiemn
I miss the old stuff but realize that it came at a price too. I just hope he can keep going as I'm not ready to say "Good-bye" to these guys!
Well-said.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:05 PM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovijunkiemn
Well-said.
Yeah