Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Nah...Bon Jovi haven't released anything relevant to the charts in about 15 years. Them fiddling around won't generate any interest to anyone, they've become a band who "used to release good albums" to the general public. The only ones interested in new Bon Jovi material are the select few who still buy the albums regardless of what's on it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Ok, I'll snatch this one up. BTW 3 pages ago I said something about Shanks not having written for this new record and it was wrong - sorry. Can't be arsed to do two posts though.

With this you say 15 years, I assume you basically mean since Crush which is disingenuous - Everyday was a huge hit, Bounce was big outside the states, HAND was a huge hit globally - much moreso on radio and the same can be said of Born To Follow. WAN and Because We Can are the only real flops in recent times, THINFS was not majorly promoted outside the brand and did well as a record on its own legs.

I'll agree that noone gives a shit about them playing around in the studio bar the fans (which amounts to way more people than most bands can count) but every record hits the charts - Bon Jovi is a brand that sells and there'll always be someone trying to make money off that so you might be right, the brand may be done, but I guarantee someone with a marketing budget will try to prove you wrong. "If you hang in long enough they say you're coming back
Just take a look, we're living proof and baby that's a fact
You know the more things change the more they stay the same"

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)

Old 03-14-2019, 09:00 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

How was Everyday a huge hit?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:48 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Bounce album sold more than 8 million copies, and Everyday was the only single that served as a massive showcase at the time of its release.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The early 2000's were a weird time for the charts... bands weren't releasing singles anymore, not everyone was on board with iTunes yet, YouTube wasn't born.

Certain bands were only as good as what the record company invested in them and had that "if you like the single, buy the album" mentality.

IML only peaked at #33 because it was strictly relying on radio airplay with no other sources.... However, in reality it was probably at least a top 5 hit

Point being, it's not really fair to rate a bands relevance on singles alone back then...

Everyday got decent airplay, VH1 played the video in heavy rotation and I think it even reached #1 there, it was also nominated for a Grammy. It was definitely modest. So was Misunderstood

Who Says was the last real hit the band had in America..

Memory was modest and then nothing after that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 09:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

My memory might be a little cloudy. I remember in North America Everyday not doing much and Misunderstood getting tons of radio and video play. Overseas might be a different story all together.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Price of posting

I do hear a bit of MGLBIMA in DITT but....
DITT is at least 2 minutes to short, solos awful and there should be a superb guitar play out but as usual it’s half arsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 PM
The Distance

Please stop using initials when referencing songs. There are way too many in the catalog now... and although I figure them out 99 times out of 100, it's like resolving a riddle.

Even if you just write Who Say instead of WSYCGH...

Old 03-14-2019, 10:46 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Please stop using initials when referencing songs. There are way too many in the catalog now... and although I figure them out 99 times out of 100, it's like resolving a riddle.

Even if you just write Who Say instead of WSYCGH...

Finally someone say it!!!! Hahaha absolutely agree!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
The early 2000's were a weird time for the charts... bands weren't releasing singles anymore
Maybe not in the US, but releasing physical singles was still very much a thing in UK, Europe, Japan and Australia. I think they sold largly to the fan base though (for the B-sides) and the bigger hits were boosted by some radio play.

Everyday was a top 5 hit in England and got a decent amount of play, but the average person won't remember it. For that matter, the same goes for Say It Isn't So and One Wild Night which were top 10 hits. Even All About Loving You was a top 10, but Misunderstand did nothing.

Both Have A Nice Day and Who Says were top 10 singles too (Who Says actually made the top 5), but again I'm not really sure if anyone outside of the fan base remembers those songs? Hits, sure, but not in the same league as the 80's and 90's stuff.

Everything from Lost Highway bombed over here, and that was pretty much the end of the commercial single releases here and the band barely charted in the singles chart since then.

As far as the general public is concerned in England, the last song that they remember is It's My Life. Sad but true....
Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Maybe not in the US, but releasing physical singles was still very much a thing in UK, Europe, Japan and Australia. I think they sold largly to the fan base though (for the B-sides) and the bigger hits were boosted by some radio play.

Everyday was a top 5 hit in England and got a decent amount of play, but the average person won't remember it. For that matter, the same goes for Say It Isn't So and One Wild Night which were top 10 hits. Even All About Loving You was a top 10, but Misunderstand did nothing.

Both Have A Nice Day and Who Says were top 10 singles too (Who Says actually made the top 5), but again I'm not really sure if anyone outside of the fan base remembers those songs? Hits, sure, but not in the same league as the 80's and 90's stuff.

Everything from Lost Highway bombed over here, and that was pretty much the end of the commercial single releases here and the band barely charted in the singles chart since then.

As far as the general public is concerned in England, the last song that they remember is It's My Life. Sad but true....
To be fair, Misunderstood was right before Christmas if I remember right which is probably why.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...

Tags
2020 (album)