8 12 16.22%
9 3 4.05%
10 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Could you please stop bringing your Trump propaganda any time it's possible ? We're here to talk about music.

And like many here, I don't see what's political about American Reckoning, unless considering everything in life is politics.
I am sorry for bringing in politics.

I hope American Reckoning will generate lots of money for the Legal Justice Initiative, though. 100 %. Jon is all about beeing greedy again

Old 07-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post

I hope American Reckoning will generate lots of money for the Legal Justice Initiative, though. 100 %. Jon is all about beeing greedy again
It won't make a dent on the charts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 07-12-2020, 02:20 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post

Curious: what is The Justice League Initiative?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2020, 02:42 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Curious: what is The Justice League Initiative?

https://eji.org/

It is an organization that fights for a more equal justice system. The guy who founded it is a lawyer and he has been spending a lot of time helping people on death row who are wrongfully convicted and for people to get a more humane treatment. He also wrote the book Just Mercy, which was turned into a movie

The 13th is a documantery which is on Netflix and where Bryan Stevenson (among many onthers) speak about Blacks and the justice system in the US

Last edited by faith1985; 07-12-2020 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
It won't make a dent on the charts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The download will generate money and the song will be on the album. So it might generate some.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:36 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Yes, your standards have been horribly lowered. You're making up excuses as to why you think you should like it. That step in the right direction is mentioned every time Jon changes something up that's supposedly better.

The heavy guitars on Bounce were a step in the right direction. And no weak ballads on Have A Nice Day were a step in the direction. And the production on Lost Highway was a step in the right direction. And the absence of country songs on The Circle were a step in the right direction. The production on What About Now were a step in the right direction.

Jon's taken so many steps in the right direction he ought to be there by now but for every step in the right direction he still takes two backwards.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Sorry Seb, but I don't think anybody ever said that about the production in WAN.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:59 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
Sorry Seb, but I don't think anybody ever said that about the production in WAN.
I don't think anyone has ever said that something was a step in the right direction period. He makes up his own theories.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:38 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I think it's the first decent song in years. It's clear there's no band behind him anymore to help with the arrangements though. It's a shame the music's not allowed to breathe more, the harmonica solo could break things open but it doesn't. It's why songs produced like this are forgettable, the arrangement isn't surprising or entertaining enough to keep me listening and wanting to hear it again. The chorus isn't that great with your usual "stay alive, stand your ground" nonsense that needs to be in every Bon Jovi song. I've also got a hard time listening to Jon sing on studio records, the way he pronounces some words sound like he's had a stroke at times. Overall, still not bad and it sounds a lot more honest than drivel like Knockout.

6/10

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Were you drunk when you wrote this Seb? Lot of sense in your post, that’s why I ask 😹. Bit strange how you like this one with the same ‘let’s jump on the social-political bandwagon’ but listenable acoustic type song though...what makes this one more ‘decent’ than Unbroken, or let’s go further back...Not Running Anymore or other Stand up Guy stuff?
I’m liking it by the way...it’s listenable. Pretty bad lyrics (as usual), but nice music: 6/10 too
Old 07-13-2020, 12:38 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
I don't think anyone has ever said that something was a step in the right direction period. He makes up his own theories.

Loads of people here pinpoint something being a step in the right direction. Hell, even YOU said THINFS is a step in the right direction.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:35 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:

No, you are wrong. The other points lots of people said were a step in the right direction. I just never saw anyone praising the production of What About Now, that's all.