Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Alterbridge U.K tour

Other Bands

Old 10-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Jovi Freak

Default Alterbridge U.K tour

these guys are back over in the Uk next month and i would highly recommend them. tix r cheap and they put on one hell of a show. Tremonti is a fantastic guitar player and never really got to show it with Creed. alterbridge.com to check out some of their stuff.

If you havnt heard them theyr not really like creed at all, no idiot trying to do an eddie vedder act, more Chris Cornell meets Metallica...

the supports acts are excellent aswell, Logan in Glasgow (http://www.logan-net.com) and The Answer for the rest of the dates. (http://www.theanswer.tv/)

check em out!

andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine

Old 10-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Keep the Faith

Got my tickets for the manchester show a few months back!!
Cant wait for this show, I liked creed, but alterbridge are amazing and one day remains has become one of my fave albums.

Im excited already!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo

Another band that I'd like to see live that seems happy doing the US/Europe/UK thing....dammit. It's a bit surprising that such a new band would do that, but obviously they have their reasons. Ah well. *sigh*

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007
Old 10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
The Distance

I got tickets for the Amsterdam show in november .
Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Jovi Freak

Out of interest, does anybody know if they are playing any Creed songs in their sets?? Not that it matters heaps, I think that the Alter Bridge material is every bit as good as the old Creed stuff, but having seen Creed live before, I know there a few of their songs that come up very well in a live show.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo
Out of interest, does anybody know if they are playing any Creed songs in their sets?? Not that it matters heaps, I think that the Alter Bridge material is every bit as good as the old Creed stuff, but having seen Creed live before, I know there a few of their songs that come up very well in a live show.
Just checked one of the fan reviews on alterbridge.com this was the setlist from one of the shows in the US
Metalingus/Watch Your Words/ Burn It Down/ Find The Real/ Trimonti Solo/ Shed My Skin/ End Is Here/ Broken Wings/ Down To My Last/ Loving Memory(Acoustic)/ Kashmir/ One Day Remains/ Open Your Eyes

No Creed in there! Looks like they're trying to not associate themselves with Creed at all. Alterbridge are far more superior anyway IMO.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Jovi Freak

Mark has said in interviews that they will never EVER ever play creed songs (he seemed a bit adamant about this fact)

They are completely starting anew, from the bottom up and not trying to cash in on previous fame ( velvet revolver anyone?!)

Whereas Scott ''dickhead'' Stapp is still doing creed songs at his shows. prat.
Anyone hear the radio interview last week where he started bad mouthing alterbridge and then stormed of live on air once the DJs started running him down?

anyways, saw them in London last year and seeing them again in a few weeks!

andi
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
Whereas Scott ''dickhead'' Stapp is still doing creed songs at his shows. prat.
To be fair to him, Creed did have some pretty decent stuff back in the day. It'd be a shame if some of that was never played live again. I can understand if the former members of Creed want to detach themselves from the Creed name, but that is their choice.

I'm sure Scott put a lot of effort into the lyrics, recording and performance of those Creed songs, so if he feels that playing them live will help him kick-start his solo career, all the best to him. I think he has the right to do it, at least.

Having said all that, I'd still rather go and see Alter Bridge live than Scott Stapp!!

Old 11-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Keep the Faith

who's jealous??

Went to see AB on Sunday night at manchester academy and they were unbelievable! They played the entire album except shed my skin, and threw in a coupla covers and few instrumentals here and there. Tremonti is one of the best guitarists in the world, and I didn't believe that Myles Kennedy could be as strong vocally live as what he is on record, but his voice was 10x stronger, incredible!

Special mention for the glaswegian support act Logan who were very impressive (if not trying a little too hard to be creed). The Answer were the other band supporting but i didn't like them too much... trying to be led zepplin but failing miserably.

Shame that Im gonna have to wait ages until i get the chance to see them again.. roll on the next tour!!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Jovi Freak

saw them in glasgow last week, totally amazingly incredible. I doubt theres a better live act out there today..and as for Mark tremonti, i have never seen the guitar played the way in which he played it that night, especially in that solo slot he had.. and im a big clapton/page/hendrix/Vai fan...

Met the guys afterwards too, Mark is the nicest most down to earth person youl ever meet..even though he plays Very aggressivly onstage!

Yeah Logan were good..very creedish though, but they entertained me for the 30mins.

Im a big fan of the Answer, seen them over ten times now back over here in belfast where theyr from. Maybe a bit robert plant in the vocals yeah but musiclly? nothing like zeppelin IMO.

Alterbridge deserve to be Huge, they honestly are the best live show ive seen in years.. and thats including BJ,U2,REM,RCHP blah de blah and all that lot.

andi
JBJ - I believe