Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bending/Breaking

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-09-2020, 03:44 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default Bending/Breaking

I'm trying to whittle down how many times Jon's sang about bending not breaking. Am I missing any?

It's My Life
Unbreakable
You Can Sleep While I Dream
Do What You Can
No Regrets
I Will Drive You Home

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 04-10-2020 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-10-2020, 03:06 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'm trying to whittle down how many times Jon's sang about bending not breaking. Am I missing any?

It's My Life
Unbreakable
You Can Sleep While I Dream
Do What You Can
These are close. Neither Breathe nor Brokenpromisedland has "bend", but the use of "break" is similar in context to the way it's used in Unbreakable. The line in No Regrets carries a slightly different connotation, more like being willing to compromise vs drawing a line in the sand and not backing away from it; so I don't know if you would include that one or not.

I Will Drive You Home:
They've come to kick the tires; they'd like to take a spin
See how it takes the turns; see if it breaks or bends

No Regrets
I broke some hearts, been broken-hearted
Run away from fires I've started
I didn't break but tried my best to bend

Breathe:
Not all our dreams are coming true
We can't let it break us

Brokenpromiseland:
So rise my fallen angel
Come on now come on now
Shine, don't let them break you
Old 04-10-2020, 03:52 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

No Regrets and I Will Drive You Home are exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!! I'll add them to the list.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post

I Will Drive You Home:
They've come to kick the tires; they'd like to take a spin
See how it takes the turns; see if it breaks or bends
The rest of the Internet seems to agree with you that those are the lyrics, but I always thought it was "see how it brakes on bends", which I think makes much more sense in context

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 05:55 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
The rest of the Internet seems to agree with you that those are the lyrics, but I always thought it was "see how it brakes on bends", which I think makes much more sense in context
Ha!

That makes a lot of sense. Never thought of it like that. I guess I was just thinking in terms of the way a car handles turns being an analogy of how well a person handles the curves life throws at them.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Jovi FANatic

It's missing Standing, from Bounce.

Standing:
I bend but I don't break
I'm my father's son, I'm a son of a gun

Last edited by GabrielC; 04-10-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-10-2020, 10:48 PM
The Distance

You can make playlists on Jon's recycled lyrics. Instead of The Ballads, The Love Songs, & The Anthems... It's more like, The Bend Or Beaks, The Moving Mountains, & The Open All Nights.

I'll use this tread to slightly go off topic. Is anyone else over Jon's do good attitude? Is there a such thing as overkill with that?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to do good things in this world and there is no better role model to have. Some speculate that it's a big gimmick for Tax Breaks, I'll actually come to Jon's defense and say he's genuine. We all know he's a terrible actor so maybe a combo of tax breaks and politics however I do think Jon genuinely likes to do good things in this world..

I used to love Jon's interviews. He was this cool charismatic dude who was so chill, funny, quick but every interview now, I feel like he's a preacher.

Every interview is becoming more boring then the next. Look, I get you gotta promote these things, like the SK, but come on.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
You can make playlists on Jon's recycled lyrics. Instead of The Ballads, The Love Songs, & The Anthems... It's more like, The Bend Or Beaks, The Moving Mountains, & The Open All Nights.

I'll use this tread to slightly go off topic. Is anyone else over Jon's do good attitude? Is there a such thing as overkill with that?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to do good things in this world and there is no better role model to have. Some speculate that it's a big gimmick for Tax Breaks, I'll actually come to Jon's defense and say he's genuine. We all know he's a terrible actor so maybe a combo of tax breaks and politics however I do think Jon genuinely likes to do good things in this world..

I used to love Jon's interviews. He was this cool charismatic dude who was so chill, funny, quick but every interview now, I feel like he's a preacher.

Every interview is becoming more boring then the next. Look, I get you gotta promote these things, like the SK, but come on.

To answer your questions NO and NO! There's no such thing as doing too much good especially in a time of so much suffering and death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 02:47 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
To answer your questions NO and NO! There's no such thing as doing too much good especially in a time of so much suffering and death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're missing the point (figures). I'm not saying he should stop doing good. I'm saying the preaching needs to stop every interview.

A picture of him washing dishes goes viral and there is a lecture during ever interview about it.

It's not the act of doing good, it's the overload of consumption. He comes up with these slogans and then he gets very preachy...

How many times does he need to publicly tell people they can make a di-rect change. I feel like every time he does an interview, I'm at Sunday mass.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-11-2020 at 05:53 AM..
Old 04-12-2020, 06:55 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
You're missing the point (figures). I'm not saying he should stop doing good. I'm saying the preaching needs to stop every interview.

A picture of him washing dishes goes viral and there is a lecture during ever interview about it.

It's not the act of doing good, it's the overload of consumption. He comes up with these slogans and then he gets very preachy...

How many times does he need to publicly tell people they can make a di-rect change. I feel like every time he does an interview, I'm at Sunday mass.

To be fair, it's what he's asked to say. He's not promoting anything right now, not the single or the album. It's not that far off to imagine that he's being asked to do these late couple of interviews to speak about what he's done and how he's coping with the situation this past month and pass on to the audience to stay home and help each other and what not. He's not the only celebrity giving these interviews from his home, he's just one of them....