Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-20-2020, 11:48 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I thought it premiered tonight on Sirius and everywhere NEXT Friday.

Also IF it's the same performance from Ellen I really hope it's mixed better. If Phil's guitar is higher in the mix it'll confirm my theory that it was toned down to fit that demographic.
Yep, although I expected a more shocking setting and direction. I don't want to deviate too much from this, but Corey Taylor did something similar for his new album, and it has better directing, photography and editing than this, it even sounds a lot better.

If Bon Jovi is a big band, I don't understand why they don't take care of these things. It looks fast (as something improvised last moment), cheap and unprofessional.

Anyway I don't dislike this Beautiful Drug performance so much, if they finally worked a good mix of this, maybe it can be enjoy as a 2020 live album for me. So I cross my fingers for a good mix and to be able to listen to Phil's guitar.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:14 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Yep, although I expected a more shocking setting and direction. I don't want to deviate too much from this, but Corey Taylor did something similar for his new album, and it has better directing, photography and editing than this, it even sounds a lot better.

If Bon Jovi is a big band, I don't understand why they don't take care of these things. It looks fast (as something improvised last moment), cheap and unprofessional.

Anyway I don't dislike this Beautiful Drug performance so much, if they finally worked a good mix of this, maybe it can be enjoy as a 2020 live album for me. So I cross my fingers for a good mix and to be able to listen to Phil's guitar.

So you're comparing this to the performance you haven't even seen yet?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 12:20 AM
The Distance

You gotta love this forum. The new trend is complaining about stuff that hasn't been released yet.

First it was the new album.

Then it the full page rants about all the stuff in the vaults that haven't even been announced yet.

Now it's the live video that's supposed to air next week.

Is it too early to start complaining about the 2022 Tour yet?

Old 11-21-2020, 12:33 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
You gotta love this forum. The new trend is complaining about stuff that hasn't been released yet.

First it was the new album.

Then it the full page rants about all the stuff in the vaults that haven't even been announced yet.

Now it's the live video that's supposed to air next week.

Is it too early to start complaining about the 2022 Tour yet?

You don't listen. I just making a constructive criticism. If that video for The Ellen Show is from the movie, it seems like a very poor setting for an album promotion. Don't be mad man, we all love this band, but we also believe that things, with a little more effort, can easily be made better.

Beautiful Drug performance is not bad, but we all hope for a better audio mix, it would be disappointing not to hear Phil's guitar. Don't you think?

I love 2020 Album, great songs, If it were up to me, I would re-release it as a double album with more songs.... and I can't wait to hear Blood In The Water, Lower The Flag, Brothers in Arms, Let It Rain ..... from this live film.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 11-21-2020 at 12:44 AM..
Old 11-21-2020, 12:34 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

People here get mad at stuff Jon hasn't even said yet. Christ Rolo, at least wait until it's out.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:40 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
People here get mad at stuff Jon hasn't even said yet. Christ Rolo, at least wait until it's out.
Sorry, as soon as I saw that teaser on twitter, I couldn't wait for give my opinion on it. What things, damn me for commenting on this.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:43 AM
Jovi FANatic

i have to agree that i m a bit gutted that the beautiful drug performance seems to be taken from the film...on a night like this...
if this is true i am afraid jon once again didnt invest on production...
the setting isnot bad but could be much much better...
looking forward for the release and since jon calls it a film i hope he put the time and money to make it great and not just a small budget production,just bj playing live, i can see we have limitations but if you are a big band you must put sth production wise impressive, and it can look great even if its an intimat setting without fans
Old 11-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i have to agree that i m a bit gutted that the beautiful drug performance seems to be taken from the film...on a night like this...
if this is true i am afraid jon once again didnt invest on production...
the setting isnot bad but could be much much better...
looking forward for the release and since jon calls it a film i hope he put the time and money to make it great and not just a small budget production,just bj playing live, i can see we have limitations but if you are a big band you must put sth production wise impressive, and it can look great even if its an intimat setting without fans

Yep, I wonder if this performance of Do What You Can is also part of the film or was made only for the Stephen Colbert Show. Same setting, but Jon wears different clothes.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 PM
Runaway

The movie it's from the same performance of Ellen.

Jon already told in many interviews that he did the iHeart thing with the condition that they could let all equipment for one more day so they could shoot the new album.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
The movie it's from the same performance of Ellen.

Jon already told in many interviews that he did the iHeart thing with the condition that they could let all equipment for one more day so they could shoot the new album.
I didn't remember that. So I know what the 6 bonus songs are:

Lost Highway
You Give Love A Bad Name
Who Says You Can't Go Home
It's My Life
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Livin' On A Prayer

These songs were played at iHeartRadio, and they usually play what they rehearse.