Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The official Runaway Tours Barcelona thread

Tour Discussion

Old 09-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
No, he doesn't. His tone is still awful, his ability to hit notes greatly inconsistent, and he seemingly runs out of breath very often.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
No, he doesn't. His tone is still awful, his ability to hit notes greatly inconsistent, and he seemingly runs out of breath very often.
So, nothing new?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Jovi Addict

https://youtu.be/BDiDyiDCMTw

When We Were Beautiful
Old 09-02-2019, 08:33 AM
Jovi Freak

The acoustic shows were way more enjoyable than the electric show, because the songs (in the electric were too much covers) and average BJ songs (Summertime was fun but it’s not the ultimate rarity and also I was thinking about that a lot of pictures of the cruise promotion were JBJ with maracas and he never used them! >_< jajaj (maybe they only meant about the maracas that were on the gallery); I also saw there were 2 hats for auction: guess what? one of Patriots and the other of Notre Dome, hmmm… >_< jajaj. This shit I mean ship should be even more about music, however it was super better than the first cruise…
btw at lunch yesterday, the boy of the restaurant told me “Tuve unos clientes que fueron al crucero de Bon Jovi. Dicen que es bien simpático, no!?”
Yeah right, it’s all about the music… *dreaming*
Old 09-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

But that's not being objective, that's comparing apples to oranges. Compare Living In Sin with a song like Amen and it's just as bad. Now multiply a performance like Amen with 17 and you've got your average vocal performance of your supposedly great show that'll give him back his dignity.

But that's the thing. He doesn't sound decent. He sounds just as bad, the differences is you're not hearing it. Your prime concern is him straining the notes and not reaching them, it's what to you defines a bad vocal performance. In the end a bum note is a bum note though and there's loads of bum notes in these acoustic performances. That link of I'll Be There For You I suggested earlier is full of it, and he can't sing that one like that anymore either because that was a few years ago, and his voice is in worse condition than it was back then.

You want him to do small theatres but the fact is, even the shows on the cruise got cut short as he just can't play and sing any longer. Amen, the only song showcasing his higher register, was dropped. The only song that's only just a little bit upbeat to sing (Who Says) was dropped because he can't keep up with it anymore. And still you insist there's something to work with. Again, if there is, tell me your setlist and explain to me why you think he could do a 1,5 hour show. Give me your list of songs you think an audience full of casuals would enjoy hearing.

It's not just my opinion, it's everyone's opinion. No one cares for these songs, no one but maybe a few who tolerate it. Every time songs from This Left Feels Right were played people stopped paying attention. The MTV Unplugged show got people's hopes up and yet again, the TLFR renditions were ridiculed for being a cop out.

Besides, no one goes on a Runaway Cruise hoping they'll get to hear TLFR renditions of songs, they're just there to hear him play. Instead of it being a group of critical people they're most likely the least critical Bon Jovi fans in the world.

Doing this in theatres like you suggested wouldn't work as he's got to please a much larger group of people being a lot more critical than a group of people who can't tell the differences between Lie To Me from Diamond Ring. Combine that with people expecting him to play certain songs it's a recipe for disaster. In America, people use these songs for bathroom breaks and in Europe it'll result in a rowdier audience as there expections aren't met either.

How are they over when Bon Jovi drew their largest audience in London in years? Much to my surprise Bon Jovi sold a shitload of tickets. Yet you consider that tour a failure because it's not lived up to your personal standard? It's obvious you're in the minority when close to everyone, even on this board, said they had a great time.

Yeah, because you're not getting it. Jon hasn't got the voice to do these low-key acoustic shows. Also, if you won't drop the condescending act this'll be the last time I'll be willing to reply to you.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Better if you don’t reply Seb, because all the points I’m making are in previous comments. I get what your ‘character’ on this forum is and sometimes it’s interesting to start a debate with you, but I understand it goes nowhere, because that’s exactly your job.

Just a few comments:
- The Livin in Sin vs Bad Medicine comparison, unlike your Jon vs Knopfler/Cohen (still find it hilarious lol, I’ll never forget that one), is totally IT. You know this from my previous comments, but anyway... If Jon sings shows with songs and versions of songs (THAT Livin in Sin, TLFR Bad Medicine for example), he sounds better and his voice lasts. Let’s take a stadium example: opener THINFS sounds acceptable, RYH straight after kills him and the rest of the show.
- You keep having a go at TLFR. Fine, most people don’t ‘like’ it. However, when they played Always on the HAND tour, people preferred to hear that version than not hear Always. It’s all about people following what other people preach (you’re the perfect example lol). Jon would lose live followers? Great...it’s about time. His fans could go and see him and people like you would have nothing to moan about on a forum like this one.
- Stadiums: you honestly think that Jon will do another stadium tour after Bon Jovi 20/20? You might be right, depends on how strong his suicide thoughts are lol. The average fan coming out of Wanda Stadium in Madrid thought he was awful. London? He hadn’t been for years and I’m sure the feeling was exactly the same as in Madrid. I enjoyed the concert for several reasons, but no way am I paying 100€+ again to see a decent band and poor Jon in so much pain. 100€+ for an acoustic theatre gig? Sure.

Still like to see a full video of the Runaway acoustic gigs. May be a starting point for the setlist you are asking for. Although Jon is a narcissist, there are plenty of musicians and professionals around him to sort out a setlist of songs (and versions of songs) he can acceptably sing...¡y lo sabes!
Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
- Stadiums: you honestly think that Jon will do another stadium tour after Bon Jovi 20/20? You might be right, depends on how strong his suicide thoughts are lol. The average fan coming out of Wanda Stadium in Madrid thought he was awful. London? He hadn’t been for years and I’m sure the feeling was exactly the same as in Madrid. I enjoyed the concert for several reasons, but no way am I paying 100€+ again to see a decent band and poor Jon in so much pain. 100€+ for an acoustic theatre gig? Sure.
No,the feeling at Wembley show was NOT exactly the same as in Madrid.
Was exactly the opposite.
Wembley was enjoyable and I left the show happy with the Always performance.
Madrid show was a nightmare since song 2.Jon was suffering all the show and I was suffering too,seeing Jon having such a bad time.I have never seen Jon Bon Jovi so bad as in Madrid,never.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 09-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Posting everyday

This channel has a lot of excellent videos, both from the acoustic and the electric show.
https://www.youtube.com/user/JoviFansBayern/videos
Old 09-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27

Has anyone seen/heard anything regarding the new song that was played? I know Jon said not to record it which I fully respect...but I didn't know if anyone had any info about it (what it was like, the style etc)?
Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to Jonny Sambora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
https://youtu.be/BDiDyiDCMTw

When We Were Beautiful
that's pretty enjoyable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Dublin 20th June 2003
London Hyde Park 28th June 2003
Dublin 20th May 2006
Munich 28th May 2006
New Jersey Giants Stadium 29th July 2006
Dublin 7th June 2008
Dublin 29th June 2011
Dublin 30th June 2011
Slane 15th June 2013
Richie Sambora Dublin 30th June 2014
Richie Sambora Belfast 1st July 2014
Dublin 15th June 2019
Dublin 16th June 2019
Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
Has anyone seen/heard anything regarding the new song that was played? I know Jon said not to record it which I fully respect...but I didn't know if anyone had any info about it (what it was like, the style etc)?
Hmm, and then we will learn Yovana played a dirty trick on us... just as Dominik not so long ago