Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Slippery When Wet Demos

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Livin' on a Post

These are the factory pressed Bon Jovi demo bootleg cds I've been able to collect.

Two of them include original pre-Bon Jovi demos, one has SWW acoustic demos, one SWW demos, one is the same as official "Son Of Beaches" demos with few additions & different mix and then there's Samboras demos (actually rehearsals).

Old 06-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
These are the factory pressed Bon Jovi demo bootleg cds I've been able to collect.

Two of them include original pre-Bon Jovi demos, one has SWW acoustic demos, one SWW demos, one is the same as official "Son Of Beaches" demos with few additions & different mix and then there's Samboras demos (actually rehearsals).

The cover with Alec on...interesting song title..Dick after night!
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Dry County

"Deep Close The Night" is good as well. Should've ben Deep Cuts The Knife
Old 06-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
"Deep Close The Night" is good as well. Should've ben Deep Cuts The Knife
To this day I'm uncertain whether it was "Deep Cuts The Knife" or "Deep Cuts The Night".
Old 06-23-2017, 01:36 PM
The Distance

I actually have 2 of those... the one on the top right and the one directly under that one... The qualities suck on both and the ones on YouTube that fans cleaned up are so much better...

I remember finding the one on the top right at a music show in town. I couldn't believe I found this new underground album... Although the songs were great, the quality was so disappointing...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
I've been thinking this sometimes:

After hearing all these scrapped New Jersey & Slippery demo tracks....how many of them acutally equals to those released on the records? I honestly feel they managed to pick the very best songs for official releases....
Edge of a Broken Heart and Borderline should've been on Slippery to make it a 12 track album. I ADORE both songs, and I wouldn't want anything removed from the album except maybe Social Disease (I LOVE Without Love).

As for New Jersey, Love Is War should've definitely been on it. And probably Backdoor to Heaven. I would happily get rid of Homebound Train and Ride Cowboy Ride for them.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 06-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
Edge of a Broken Heart and Borderline should've been on Slippery to make it a 12 track album. I ADORE both songs, and I wouldn't want anything removed from the album except maybe Social Disease (I LOVE Without Love).

As for New Jersey, Love Is War should've definitely been on it. And probably Backdoor to Heaven. I would happily get rid of Homebound Train and Ride Cowboy Ride for them.
Love Is War had always felt very similar to Bad Name for me, so I kinda get why they didn't use it.
There are a couple of tracks from the demo sessions I personally like more than some album cuts, yet I wouldn't change anything on it. Homebound Train and Ride Cowboy Ride were both very individual on their own (like it or hate it), but they gave the album some diversity in the middle whereas too many of the unused tunes are rather similarly structured (and half of them feature the "na na na" parts as well).
Old 06-23-2017, 09:33 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
Edge Yes, Borderline No... I just don't think Borderline fits...

Old 06-23-2017, 09:44 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Love Is War had always felt very similar to Bad Name for me, so I kinda get why they didn't use it.
There are a couple of tracks from the demo sessions I personally like more than some album cuts, yet I wouldn't change anything on it. Homebound Train and Ride Cowboy Ride were both very individual on their own (like it or hate it), but they gave the album some diversity in the middle whereas too many of the unused tunes are rather similarly structured (and half of them feature the "na na na" parts as well).
Agreed on all accounts!

Any good album needs diversity and these songs did their part, especially Ride Cowboy Ride, which I still don't understand how it was almost never played after NJ tour after being such a good intro for Wanted (or Blaze that one time in 2000).
Old 06-24-2017, 04:10 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Agreed on all accounts!

Any good album needs diversity and these songs did their part, especially Ride Cowboy Ride, which I still don't understand how it was almost never played after NJ tour after being such a good intro for Wanted (or Blaze that one time in 2000).
Good point although the answer is, Jon knew it would never be a single so why promote it....