Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Beatles - new (and last) song

Other Bands

Old 11-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Price of posting

Default The Beatles - new (and last) song

The Beatles / Now And Then / The Last Beatles Song (Short Film)
Video Teaser:

Now and Then's eventful journey to fruition took place over five decades and is the product of conversations and collaborations between the four Beatles that go on to this day. The long mythologised John Lennon demo was first worked on in February 1995 by Paul, George and Ringo as part of The Beatles Anthology project but it remained unfinished, partly because of the impossible technological challenges involved in working with the vocal John had recorded on tape in the 1970s. For years it looked like the song could never be completed. But in 2022 there was a stroke of serendipity. A software system developed by Peter Jackson and his team, used throughout the production of the documentary series Get Back, finally opened the way for the uncoupling of John’s vocal from his piano part. As a result, the original recording could be brought to life and worked on anew with contributions from all four Beatles. This remarkable story of musical archaeology reflects The Beatles’ endless creative curiosity and shared fascination with technology. It marks the completion of the last recording that John, Paul and George and Ringo will get to make together and celebrates the legacy of the foremost and most influential band in popular music history.

“NOW AND THEN”. THE LAST BEATLES SONG. OUT 02.11.23.
Now and Then is unveiled on November 2 at 2pm, followed by a full release on November 3; preorder/pre-save Now And Then/Love Me Do double A-side single here. The Beatles’ 1962-1966 (The Red Album) and 1967-1970 (The Blue Album) Collections expanded, mixed in stereo & Dolby Atmos for 2023 edition is released on November 10.

NOW AND THEN - OFFICIAL VIDEO

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 11-03-2023 at 03:13 PM..

Old 11-23-2023, 06:18 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Having been a devoted Beatles fan since 1981 (that was when I heard the album With The Beatles for the first time), I have been head over heels getting to hear yet one more Beatles song.

It obviously sounds a bit artificial but I really enjoy it anyway. Getting to hear Lennon’s voice one more time gives me the chills. The quality of production is far superior as compared to the two new tracks released back in the nineties.

Yet it makes me sad indeed. By the end of the seventies, after a long hiatus, John was finally ready to come back with a bunch of awesome new songs (for example Starting Over, Woman, Watching The Wheels…). Who knows, maybe the Beatles could even have reunited in the eighties? No one will ever know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk