Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Goo Goo Dolls - Something For The Rest Of Us

Other Bands

Old 09-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Goo Goo Dolls - Something For The Rest Of Us

Surprised no ones started a thread about this yet, so I will.

The album was released last week, the follow up to 2006's Let Love In. I've played it quite a bit since came out and I'm liking it. I think its an improvement over Let Love In. Not that I disliked that album, there were some good songs but IMO was lacking. S4tRoU is probably the poppiest sounding album the band have ever done, and there aren't really any "big rockers" here like Stay With You, Big Machine etc. but the majority of the album is very catchy.

The lead single Home is getting a fair amount of air play here in the UK which is quite surprising!

What does everyone else think?

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 03-15-2016 at 11:09 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Something for the Posts

Good album, could've used more rockers.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Surprised no ones started a thread about this yet, so I will.

The album was released last week, the follow up to 2006's Let Love In. I've played it quite a bit came out and I'm liking it. I think its an improvement over Let Love In. Not that I disliked that album, there were some good songs but IMO was lacking. S4tRoU is probably the poppiest sounding album the band have ever done, and there aren't really any "big rockers" here like Stay With You, Big Machine etc. but the majority of the album is very catchy.

The lead single Home is getting a fair amount of air play here in the UK which is quite surprising!

What does everyone else think?
I was not really a fan of Let Love In and I haven't given this one a fair listen at all. The only song I've heard is Home and I don't like it. Notbroken isn't bad but kinda bland. I still love Dizzy Up The Girl though and some of their earlier, lesser known material.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

I much prefer earlier albums such as Superstar Car Wash and A Boy Named Goo. Not overly keen on their 80s punk stuff as I'm not a punk fan. Dizzy Up The Girl and Gutterflower have some great songs aswell.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

Just downloading this along with their entire discography, will give it a listen once it's done.

I've already got Dizzy Up The Girl and A Boy Named Goo, love them both, so hope I like the rest of their material.

Can anyone suggest any of their best work from each album so I cna make a playlist on my mp3 player?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Well, I am a big Goo Goo Dolls fan, what can I say about this album?

First it has some great tracks like Hey Ya, Soldier and Something For The Rest Of Us. Some other good songs like Sweetest Lie and One Night, but some really annoing songs like Still Your Song and the worst song in the album (wich by the way is going to be the next single) called Notbroken.

SFTROU has two major problems: letting fans wait too much for this and being the same kind of soft album that Let Love In was.

I really think it's their weakest album since they started to put out some more commercial oriented songs (maybe Superstar Car Was was the beggining - great album btw).
IMO the GGDs still are in credit with their fans... first weak album in 2 decades. It's OK.

Well done, little buddy.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson View Post

Can anyone suggest any of their best work from each album so I cna make a playlist on my mp3 player?

Hold me Up: Just The Way You Are, There You Are, Million Miles Away, Two Days in February

SUperstar Car Wash: Fallin' Down, Cuz You're Gone, Girl Right Next to Me, We Are the Normal, String of Lies, Stop The World, On the Lie, So Far Away

What I Learned About Ego, Opinion, Art & Commerce: this one is a collection of their songs wich wasn't released as single with some new mix on it. Two Days In February is better here.

Gutterflower: Big Machine, Here Is Gone, Think About Me, What A Scene, What Do You Need?, It's Over, Truth Is A Whisper.

Let Love In: Stau With You, Let Love In, Feel The Silence, Better Days (a hit, but it sucks IMO), Without You here, Give A Little Bit, We'll Be Here (When You're Gone), Become.

Hope it helps you.

Well done, little buddy.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes View Post
Hold me Up: Just The Way You Are, There You Are, Million Miles Away, Two Days in February

SUperstar Car Wash: Fallin' Down, Cuz You're Gone, Girl Right Next to Me, We Are the Normal, String of Lies, Stop The World, On the Lie, So Far Away

What I Learned About Ego, Opinion, Art & Commerce: this one is a collection of their songs wich wasn't released as single with some new mix on it. Two Days In February is better here.

Gutterflower: Big Machine, Here Is Gone, Think About Me, What A Scene, What Do You Need?, It's Over, Truth Is A Whisper.

Let Love In: Stau With You, Let Love In, Feel The Silence, Better Days (a hit, but it sucks IMO), Without You here, Give A Little Bit, We'll Be Here (When You're Gone), Become.

Hope it helps you.
Thanks so much, will have a listen at work tomorrow

Tags
2010, goo goo dolls, home, notbroken