Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi fandom and the circle Jon wants to be in

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-19-2021, 12:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to jimmyjovi89
Default Bon Jovi fandom and the circle Jon wants to be in

In many of the interviews for 2020 Jon has been trying to put himself in the same circle as Springsteen, Tom Petty and Paul McCartney. But when you look at how those artists treat and understand their fans it’s clear there is a a big gap between Jon’s peoples ideas and the circles he wants to be accepted into.

Springsteen has his live archive release every month. This months release was a mostly unheard show, which a complete setlist has never been released.

Tom Perry’s camp has produced a beautifuly remixed and resequenced album to give us an interesting what if the Soundtrack album She’s the One was a full Heartbreakers album.

Jon’s fan club have sent out a cookbook, an apron and an oven mit.

Matt and the people who run the JBJ are clearly focused on the housewife fans and it shows a complete disconnect with the other areas of random. The diffence between all these artists is simple, one group is about the music the other is about money making. I find it really sad.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Price of posting

Default Bon Jovi fandom and the circle Jon wants to be in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 View Post
In many of the interviews for 2020 Jon has been trying to put himself in the same circle as Springsteen, Tom Petty and Paul McCartney. But when you look at how those artists treat and understand their fans it’s clear there is a a big gap between Jon’s peoples ideas and the circles he wants to be accepted into.

Springsteen has his live archive release every month. This months release was a mostly unheard show, which a complete setlist has never been released.

Tom Perry’s camp has produced a beautifuly remixed and resequenced album to give us an interesting what if the Soundtrack album She’s the One was a full Heartbreakers album.

Jon’s fan club have sent out a cookbook, an apron and an oven mit.

Matt and the people who run the JBJ are clearly focused on the housewife fans and it shows a complete disconnect with the other areas of random. The diffence between all these artists is simple, one group is about the music the other is about money making. I find it really sad.

When reading this, the line about what Jon has sent out literally made me laugh out loud.

Jon’s catering for the housewife (I dont like to use that term but it’s true) the fan who likes his cheeky smile, when he shakes his ass, the oh he’s still so good looking etc etc - that crowd.

Look at the boxes. Both are full of utter crap. What “music fan wants that? What bloke wants a “Jbj is so hot hat”?

We don’t like Jon for his charity work and soul kitchen - yes it’s great he has done this but that’s not why or how we got into the band.

Now, let me think..what was it that got us into the musical band Bon Jovi, that we went out and bought their music, we’ve lived, laughed, cried to the music, saw them live to listen to their music.
Watched the music documentary and music videos.

Struggling to think…..ah yes…THE ****ING MUSIC!!

So give us some music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-19-2021, 03:13 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 View Post
Matt and the people who run the JBJ are clearly focused on the housewife fans and it shows a complete disconnect with the other areas of random.
https://twitter.com/runawaytours/sta...42176748929029
Old 06-19-2021, 10:01 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Just imagine Paul McCartney going live on instagram to promote Strawberry Fields Rosé and you'll realize why Jon Bon Jovi is nowhere near the same league of the artists he constantly seems to think he's like.

Jon Bon Jovi wants to the same acclaim and general adoration McCartney, Dylan and Springsteen have and yet really the only thing comparable is the amount of records he's sold. He's essentially become the Bruce Willis of pop music. Everyone who still buys tickets for movies starring Bruce Willis hopes for something like Die Hard yet winds up with Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.

Jon Bon Jovi wants to brag about selling 100.000.000 albums but refuses to play songs from at least 40.000.000 of the albums he's sold. Jon Bon Jovi wants to sell out a desert but refuses to put in the work to actually sell out that desert and instead overcharges everyone who's willing to buy that ticket. All big acts have press releases mentioning the achievements said artists have made (amount of records sold, amount of people played for) but Jon Bon Jovi is the only one to constantly repeat these things in person.

Jon Bon Jovi wants the adoration but just doesn't want to do the work. Ever since he's realized money needs to come from touring he's changed perspective as to what to do with the money he made. He's always, always taken the route that'll make him the most money. The last time Jon Bon Jovi released an album with that artistic integrity other artists have he compares himself with was over 20 years ago.

Business-wise, I don't think Jon Bon Jovi is a very smart man. He's constantly tried selling a product to a group of people who wanted something else. He's misunderstood his target audience, taken most fans for granted while trying to bring in new fans that do buy his new record because it's got whatever hit on it but also abandon ship once his next album sounds like nowadays pop/rock music. All that hard work he's put in selling albums he'd abandon a year later has let to nothing. He goes on tour and travels the world to sell songs like Knockout. Songs written for a group of people who haven't listened to Bon Jovi in over a decade. Ever since the hits stopped coming so did new fans. And with every new album being nothing like that of the days the older generation became fans, older fans stopped coming as well. There's only so many Lost Highway clones you can take.

Every act Jon Bon Jovi has compared himself with has been about music. Has had a drive to play new songs, new songs fans wanted to hear as well. Or released music because they just enjoyed writing and recording that new music. Jon Bon Jovi hasn't been about music for a long, long time and frankly, I don't think Jon Bon Jovi knows what he's about nowadays as well as he generally looks miserable. He's selling fanboxes with garbage to middle aged female fans who adore him because... he's grown his hair? He knows he can get away with bum notes as long as he flashes a smile to the front row. But to realize that really the only direction your career is capable of going is catering towards a group of people who still follow him around because of cheap tricks such as those surely must be unsettling.

So the target audience that's left is that of those who do care for Bon Jovi sauce and gladly spend loads of dollars on cheap wine and spice racks. Those who seriously cared for the music are just no longer there. The audience Bon Jovi have left is an audience that's only invested in Bon Jovi and hasn't got a clue what those other acts do offer. That group of people is as creative as Jon on Jovi himself and it's why he'll just never even be considered in the same league. He's had every chance to get there but chose money over artistic integrity.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 06-19-2021, 10:45 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
All middle aged women

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 06-19-2021, 11:11 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
This is exactly the audience Jon caters for now. It's been like that for many years but now more than ever. People around the age group who suck up to Matt to get into Jon somehow.

These pay thousands of pounds and don't actually care what they get. Each to their own, it's their money. However, it's genuinely ruined Jon as an artist.

He doesn't care half as much as he used to in regards to music or looking after his main instrument. He knows he can get away with performing and singing how he does now and have absolutely no complaints from this audience.

I'm no fan of Bruce, I like a few songs, but I wish I was a diehard with some of the content he gives fans. What he does/is doing is exactly what Bon Jovi should do. I'm not even talking about the box, either. Forget that. This is just something that we as fans should get. Whether we have to pay X amount for a show or X amount for a monthly subscription etc...

If Bon Jovi done a duet with The Killers, they'd probably get the whole 'selling themselves' and 'trying to be current' shouts yet Bruce pulls it off because he's still got his core fan base and from what I can gather, produces quality material and puts on one hell of a show still.

I don't know why half of this stuff bothers me as much as it does because I've never tried a runaway show and I didn't try and get the box because I knew it wouldn't be worth the money. Yet I still feel like I've been shafted... Mad.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 06-20-2021, 04:36 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Business-wise, I don't think Jon Bon Jovi is a very smart man. He's constantly tried selling a product to a group of people who wanted something else. He's misunderstood his target audience, taken most fans for granted while trying to bring in new fans that do buy his new record because it's got whatever hit on it but also abandon ship once his next album sounds like nowadays pop/rock music.
I heard an interview with Desmond Child recently-ish, and he mentioned that in the 80s, he and all the bands he worked with made a conscious effort to not write lyrics which were "too girly", since female fans were not very loyal in the face of changing trends. Desmond kinda drove that point home by saying to the interviewer "guys like you are the ones who talk to me about that album 30 years later" or something like this. I mean, that is probably somewhat sexist to say, but whether it is or not, Jon seems to have tossed that principle outta the windows LONG ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
This is exactly the audience Jon caters for now. It's been like that for many years but now more than ever. People around the age group who suck up to Matt to get into Jon somehow.
It's like giving the roadie a blow job so you get backstage and meet the actual band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
If Bon Jovi done a duet with The Killers, they'd probably get the whole 'selling themselves' and 'trying to be current' shouts yet Bruce pulls it off because he's still got his core fan base and from what I can gather, produces quality material and puts on one hell of a show still.
Bruce has done on-stage appearances with Mike Ness of SoCal punk band Social Distortion - because he likes his music and writing. I can't for the life of me imagine JBJ doing anything similar. He made on-stage appearances with Rihanna. I don't think he'd consider appearing with lesser known artists, or has even much of a clue as far as less known stuff goes. Which is okay, but also makes it hard to believe that he'd appear with somebody strictly because he digs their music. Yeah, he toured in this capacity in... 1990? Which was when I'd argue everyone of us felt that the guy was all about the music.