Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Would you pay $500 to have your name in the liner notes?

Other Bands

Old 03-31-2016, 01:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Would you pay $500 to have your name in the liner notes?

Would you pay $500 to have your name in the liner notes of your favorite artist's album? That's one of the pre-order options for Keith's new album. And you guys thought Bon Jovi was the only artist who had outrageous packages! LOL

http://keithurban.net/shop/ripcord-pre-order

It would be cool, yes, but it's not in my budget--and it's just the vinyl edition which few people will get anyway.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:00 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

There are a few artists whose liner notes I would LOVE to be in - favorably of course LOL. That said - no - I would not pay a penny for that privilege. I would arguably work hard for certain artists in order to help them out and I might therefore get a mention. But outright buy a space for my name - nope.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:57 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
And you guys thought Bon Jovi was the only artist who had outrageous packages!
NOT an April Fools' Day joke:
Quote:
PerezHilton.com:...Justin Bieber's Purpose World Tour recently revealed that they'd be eliminating the...one-on-one meet and greets and would be replacing it with group hangout sessions...

It's said that...a potentially dangerous fan...(who) was actually already on a "watch list" from Justin's security detail...got within 10 feet of him during one of his meetups...
Quote:
TMZ: Justin just addressed the change on social media, but softened the blow, saying the meet and greets leave him "drained and unhappy." He added, "I want to make people smile ... but not at my expense, and I always leave feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted to the point of depression."

...(T)he cost of 1-on-1 meet and greets -- $900 to $2,000US.
Quote:
TMZ: ...Justin switched up the remaining "meet & greets" for his tour, leaving Beliebers who bought passes for the event with only a ticket to his show. We're told fans have been offered full refunds...but if they choose a refund, they lose their ticket for the best section in the house, "the pit."
Well, I can't argue with that -- if the average of $1450 Justin earns from each fan at the meetups doesn't relieve his pain, of course he ought to stop doing them. One way he can make up for the lost income is by firing the security team members who should have checked the watch list against the VIP ticket buyer list. And his refund policy smells fishier than the Jersey shore at low tide -- either he charged the fans for a spot in the pit AND a meetup, or he didn't.

Thankfully, Bon Jovi knows that if they tried to pull anything like this, we'd pound them flatter than a slice of Philly cheese steak!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-13-2016 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I don't BELIEBE the report that they lose their ticket is true. I have a friend whose daughter got a refund and got to keep her ticket so while she was broken-hearted she didn't get to meet Justin, she's thrilled that the money from the refund is going to get her tickets to see Selena Gomez.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I have a friend whose daughter got a refund and got to keep her ticket so while she was broken-hearted she didn't get to meet Justin, she's thrilled that the money from the refund is going to get her tickets to see Selena Gomez.
Glad to hear it, but I "beliebe" your friend's daughter got her partial refund because the Beiber camp got the message that they couldn't just pick and choose what they wanted to refund.

On one of the Ozzfest tours, Ozzy announced he would miss a few shows while his wife was having surgery, and System of A Down would headline. He was advised that since he was the advertised headliner, he'd have to give a refund to anyone who asked for one, and suddenly Mrs. Osbourne discovered that she could get through the surgery without him -- a miracle cure!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-25-2018 at 02:47 AM..
Old 04-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Something for the Posts

What is this, an epidemic -- here's another star with a whacked-out refund policy!
Quote:
Huffington Post: In a video posted to Twitter...49-year-old pop and R&B icon (Janet Jackson) told fans that there “has been a sudden change” in the second leg of the tour...“My husband and I are planning our family, so I’m going to have to delay the tour...try to understand that it’s important that I do this now. I have to rest up; doctor’s orders. But I have not forgotten about you.”

...She assured everyone watching that she’d “continue the tour as soon as I possibly can.”
She has, however, apparently forgotten how to offer refunds:
Quote:
TMZ: Ticketmaster sent an email....saying until they get word about a cancellation, they're treating it as postponed and rescheduled -- so no refunds.
Postponing and rescheduling due to illness is one thing. But if she is now postponing for reasons other than illness (is she pregnant now or planning to be?) and has no idea when she'll be able to reschedule, she HAS to give refunds to whoever wants one!

ETA: The responses to Janet's tweet contains requests from Ticketmaster AND LiveNation to go to their Twitter sites, follow them, and send their order number by direct message. Another one bites the dust!

ETA #2: Rumor has it that 18-year-old Janet became pregnant during her 3-month marriage to James DeBarge in 1984, and secretly gave birth to a daughter before embarking on her Control tour. The child was raised by sister Rebbie Jackson, and she's the reason why Janet says "it’s important that I do this NOW" -- SHE'S the one who's pregnant. That's a crazy conspiracy theory by even MY standards, but if people believe it, I say it serves her right!

Last edited by rocknation; 05-21-2016 at 10:11 PM..