Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Demo)

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige
Default Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Demo)

Does everyone's version of this start with what I presume is the last few seconds of the previous take of the song? Seems an odd decision to include it so I wonder if it's a mistake?

Last edited by Nige; 08-05-2017 at 11:17 PM..

Old 08-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Something for the Posts

Yup. Tis Odd...
Old 08-05-2017, 11:30 PM
The Distance

I don't think it's an error... I just think its a poor way of giving us an inside look at the demo process... to show that it's a live one take after another process...

I edited it out of the version I listen to as I do with most demo's... I can't stand how every song starts with the three count... Ting, Ting, Ting... a lot of demos and live songs start this way and it drives me insane... I get why it's done but hearing it on every freaking song makes me crazy so I edited them all out too... I also edited out the beginning of Tokyo Road, Social Disease, and all the Blaze Of Glory dialog... the list just keeps going...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I don't think it's an error... I just think its a poor way of giving us an inside look at the demo process... to show that it's a live one take after another process...

I edited it out of the version I listen to as I do with most demo's... I can't stand how every song starts with the three count... Ting, Ting, Ting... a lot of demos and live songs start this way and it drives me insane... I get why it's done but hearing it on every freaking song makes me crazy so I edited them all out too... I also edited out the beginning of Tokyo Road, Social Disease, and all the Blaze Of Glory dialog... the list just keeps going...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
You are not alone in this. All songs from New Jersey Demos and B-sides begin in the same way. That is poor and horrible. although I could overlook a couple of them though.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 08-06-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Old 08-07-2017, 02:11 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I can understand the demo, New Jersey and box set songs starting that way. Kind of to show the process but I completely agree on album songs it's odd and not as needed.

I also edited out the intro to Social Disease but for other....other reasons haha.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I can understand the demo, New Jersey and box set songs starting that way. Kind of to show the process but I completely agree on album songs it's odd and not as needed.

I also edited out the intro to Social Disease but for other....other reasons haha.
I need your version! I was never able to listen to SWW if my parents were around when I was young and I sure can't listen to it at work! Haha
Old 08-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post

Bahaha! I did the same to mine. I did it so long ago that when I was at a friend's house last week we decided to listen to SWW on vinyl, and I COMPLETELY forgot about that intro. Awkward!

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018

Tags
saturday night, someday i'll be