Old 03-10-2019, 03:01 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

things that annoy me ?
Ok..

1 - The fact that Richie isn't part of the band anymore
2 - read reason #1
3 - go back to reasons #1 and #2

now that we got that out of the way..

4 - the facto that they've managed to re-invent themselves for the new century with Crush and then decided to repeat the formula for the next ten years by making sure that every lead single (apart from Make a Memory) is about 'living their life' and not taking shit from anyone and knowing that they do what they do because.. well, they can.

5 - the fact that Jon's voice is beyond shot. It's not even a matter of discussion anymore. It's set in stone. It's ridiculous. It's pathetic. It's sad. It's like a watching a crippled man desperately trying to run a marathon (no offence to anyone with a disability).

6 - the fact that despite all these problems, he refuses to call it a day on the band and put it out of its misery gracefully. He insists on letting this great band become a shadow of its former self.

7 - Last but not least.. go back to #1.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011

Last edited by TheseDaysEra; 03-12-2019 at 02:29 AM..

Old 03-10-2019, 03:53 AM

Don't you think Richie left because he had a good reason(s) to do so? He surely saw things clearly - he was in the very middle of the sh*tstorm. It just got really bad really quickly after he left. The emperor is naked but everyone is clapping their hands anyway.... and I'm one of the army of fans who are still going to see them live. But it's not bc I want to hear Jon's shot voice or see the new line-up on stage. It's for the experience of a big gig and the fellow fans I really wanna meet irl. I do hope for a farewell tour with Richie, though. It can't end like this.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:11 AM
Livin' on a Post

Ok, it's been 7 or 8 years since Richie left the band, u need to get over it, seriously, it's getting old
Old 03-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
things that annoy me ?
Ok..

2 - read reason #1
3 - go back to reasons #2 and #3

now that we got that out of the way..

4 - the facto that they've managed to re-invent themselves for the new century with Crush and then decided to repeat the formula for the next ten years by making sure that every lead single (apart from Make a Memory) is about 'living their life' and not taking shit from anyone and knowing that they do what they do because.. well, they can.

5 - the fact that Jon's voice is beyond shot. It's not even a matter of discussion anymore. It's set in stone. It's ridiculous. It's pathetic. It's sad. It's like a watching a crippled man desperately trying to run a marathon (no offence to anyone with a disability).

6 - the fact that despite all these problems, he refuses to call it a day on the band and put it out of its misery gracefully. He insists on letting this great band become a shadow of its former self.

7 - Last but not least.. go back to #1.
I think that Jon is not mature enough to truly reflect on anything and end BJ gracefully.

Jon is having Yes- men in his band.
David had no problem with blaming Richie's character (once an addictive always an addict
Jon is writing his songs as a reflection of his ego problems, (chip on his shoulder)

He has got the ego of a 12 year ol
Old 03-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
Ok, it's been 7 or 8 years since Richie left the band, u need to get over it, seriously, it's getting old
2019 - 2013 = 6 (I'm kidding!)
Old 03-10-2019, 01:11 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
things that annoy me ?

Ok..

2 - read reason #1

3 - go back to reasons #2 and #3

I hate when people try to clever and it's comes out stupid... Don't you mean "go back to reasons #1 and #2" for #3

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 02:11 AM
These Days

Quote:
Has it occurred to you that perhaps the ones who need to "get over it" are the few who can't seem to grasp why people are still talking about Richie? That, because he was such an integral part of Bon Jovi, it's hard to discuss anything about the band - good or bad - without eventually bringing him into it?

Richie, as a subject, will go away when people are no longer interested in discussing him - not because 2 or 3 people are tired of reading about him. And after all these years, the fact that Richie's absence is still felt, and is still being discussed so much, might indicate that regardless of legal ownership, band namesake, or who calls the shots, the real "truth of the truth of the truth" could prove to be that Jon isn't the only irreplaceable member of the band after all.

As for Richie's departure, if you think it's time for people get over it, or it's getting old, page @jonbonjovi. He's the one who breathed new life into that discussion back in 2016, when it had been old news for 3 years and was close to dying from lack of interest; and he continues to provide life support every time he brings Richie's name up again in his conversations.

Maybe that will change with promotion for the new album. If you're lucky.

(BTW, I'm glad you're back. You've been missed.)
Old 03-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
It'll never get old. The best part of the band left and it can't be salvaged, even if you take a lifetime.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
"go back to reasons #1 and #2" for #3
Your way sounds better...
Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I hate when people try to clever and it's comes out stupid... Don't you mean "go back to reasons #1 and #2" for #3

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It was only a typo. take a chill pill.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011