Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

John Shanks

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-13-2018, 02:03 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Absolutely!

Jon has said in 1989: "This isn't a democracy, trust me, I've often thought about killing all the other members of the band."

His first attempt was in the late 80's when he drove them all to alcohol abuse. Tico, Richie and Alec were the victims and in South America he got David that nasty parasite. But all survived. So he went on one by one. In 1994 he had destroyed Alec and went on working on Richie.
That maniac bounced back a couple of times, hence Jon saying in early 2012 "30 years later, I can't get rid of them" with an evil grin. After succeeding in 2013, he was on such a high that he tried to kill off Tico, but the hitman survived two emergency surgeries.
Hence Jon falling into depression and losing his voice. Be realized he's the most untalented serial killer in the history of the United States.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
O_O
I knew someday you would lose your mind as well, you guys remind me of a certain person...

Old 09-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Listen guys, I've tried to track down that interview, where Jon said he was ready to give up but Shanks told him not to and was the one who persuaded him to keep going. I was doing some research last year while making a timeline for the band and watched/read heaps of vids and articles then. I think it was one of the early ones so that would be late 2016 or early 2017. Jon was talking about recording in the Avatar Studios, going back to the roots, etc. There's SO MUCH stuff to get through now that I just can't do this at the snap of a finger but promise if I come across this damn thing again, I'll share with you for sure. It's definitely NOT something I made up so if I have such a recollection, I must have read/watched it somewhere.

Dominik, loved your post! It sounds almost like a crime story with a twist

RDK, never said it was Jon who made him alcoholic. Richie has always drunk a lot, even before joining the band. Besides, if it's true that Jon drinks a bottle or two of wine every day or almost every day and mixes it with sleeping pills, it makes him as much a functioning alcoholic.

Jackie, thank you for clarification. Now it makes perfect sense
Old 09-13-2018, 05:56 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

This is some next level X-files stuff now. Jon's an alcoholic now?
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Isn't it so if you drink every day? Be it vodka, beer or wine or whatever? Lots of people drink like that and they think it's ok as long as they don't lose their mind and make fools of themselves. A drink after work every day already makes you a person dependent on alcohol whether you like it or not. And it has nothing to do with being or not being a rock star.

X-Files much, huh?
Old 09-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
He used to use this name at hotels in South America: “Jorvis Redwine” lol
I don’t think he’s an alcoholic, the guy is too smart for that crap...
Old 09-13-2018, 07:40 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

If implications are being thrown around that Richie is the way he is because being under Jon's thumb made him drink and caused this then yah, it falls under X-Files. If we're now saying because Jon drinks wine often he's an alcoholic then for sure. Drinking a glass of wine a night and having more than that some other nights doesn't make you an alcoholic. We're basing knowing how much he drinks on interviews. That's not really enough to go on and make that claim.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 PM

He said himself he has this fave brand of wine ( forgot the name now) because he can drink two bottles without getting very drunk. Now while promoting his rose he said he's very experienced at drinking wine bc he's been doing it for years. This is what doctors say - drinking every day isn't normal or natural, even beer or wine. It's not a herbal tea, it does damage your brain and internal organs with time. Being an alcoholic isn't drinking to excess only, it's about the habit. Drinking regularly is called 'risky drinking ', especially dangerous when you mix it with prescription drugs, too. You can read about it or ask your doc, it's not a secret knowledge.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Jovi Freak

Can I say You’re off topic?
-_-
Old 09-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Jovi Geek

As a child of alcoholics and a brother(and other family members) that is an alcoholic. Alcoholism is never about how much you drink it's why you drink and the addiction that results.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 PM

Yovana, we're off topic all the time but I won't point any fingers ;p

Captain - nah, I didn't mean THAT, at least it wasn't my primary intention. I meant there are different factors to the whole picture and sh*t usually piles up.

And guys, don't get all defensive, I love Jon, but even if I was talking about any average Joe here, drinking a bottle or two every day isn't healthy! Plus drinking before going to bed disturbs sleep patterns so you take sleeping pills... and the vicious circle begins.

To go back to the topic: Shanks is here to stay, whether we like it or not. I wonder whether Phil will ever be allowed to actually get creative, though. He was asked on twitter the other day whether he'd like to write songs with Jon and he said that "of course, I'm not an idiot". Just some food for thought ladies and gents.