Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is Let it Rock about Lita Ford?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Breakout

Default Is Let it Rock about Lita Ford?

Hi there. I used to be a huge Bon Jovi fan back in the 90s but after Keep the Faith it was all a bit of a different band for me, one that I can't relate to. I still bang my head to Slippery every other week though \,,/

In any case - the reason I signed up is because Lita released an autobiography recently where she describes a hotel room scene with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. See below:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2797517/lit...-new-tell-all/

Quote:
"The New York Post detailed excerpts from Lita Ford’s new memoir, Living Like a Runaway, in which the former Runaways rocker wrote about a tryst with the Bon Jovi lead singer and his guitarist Richie Sambora in the mid-1980s. Ford revealed that she had been hanging out with the New Jersey-based rockers at the nightclub Traxx when she invited them back to her hotel room.

According to Ford, she made out with Bon Jovi as they guzzled red wine, while Sambora hooked up with her friend in another bed in the room. Lita wrote that rock star Aldo Nova was also in the room and revealed that the “Fantasy” singer “watched, sipping his red wine, as we tried to fit him in, too.” Lita added that after too much wine, Bon Jovi “began puking in the corner, right on the bedroom carpet,” and she ultimately ended up in bed with Sambora.

“Richie Sambora is the king of swing, I must say. Jon recovered from puking and Aldo finally made his way into the action, and it turned into girl-on-guy fun at the Broadway Plaza Hotel.”
Ok - now take the lyrics of Let It Rock:

Quote:
We go down to the Broadway
Where everybody goes
To get on their rockin' horse
And blast that radio
Well I saw Roxie on the table
Her girlfriend down below
They'll give it to the king of swing
Before it's time to go
Now either Lita listened to the song once too many times, or she's Roxie pretty much.

Now am wondering, did Jon or Richie ever describe what the song was about?

Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Jovi Freak

Nice nick.

I don't see the connection, other than two girls being present and the King of Swing being namechecked.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Nice nick.

I don't see the connection, other than two girls being present and the King of Swing being namechecked.
Thanks Alphavictim.
Well - Lita was there with her best friend Toni, and the hotel was called Broadway Plaza. Might not be in the text of the article that I cited, but that's just some additional information...

The whole story is that Lita was making out with Jon when he felt sick. Then she moved to the bed where Richie and Toni were fooling around, before Jon came back. All this in the Broadway Plaza.

Let me re-write the lyrics then:

We go down to the Broadway
[...]
Well I saw Lita (Lita's middle name is Rosanna btw) on the table
Toni down below
Before it's time to go

Last edited by LitaFord666; 02-21-2016 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Keep the Faith

Well, Let It Rock was released on Slippery in 1986. Lita Ford opened up for Bon Jovi during the New Jersey Tour in 1988/89. My guess is that this hook up happened while they were touring together. So I don't think that Let It Rock has anything to do with her at all.

Or do we have any information that they met before Bon Jovi hit it big with Slippery?
Old 02-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Well, Let It Rock was released on Slippery in 1986. Lita Ford opened up for Bon Jovi during the New Jersey Tour in 1988/89. My guess is that this hook up happened while they were touring together. So I don't think that Let It Rock has anything to do with her at all.

Or do we have any information that they met before Bon Jovi hit it big with Slippery?
Yes - this happened in 1984 when she was recording Dancin' on the Edge in New York.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:22 PM
The Distance

I always though it was about the rock star party life in terms of groupies in general during the LA rock scene in the 80's...

You are saying that Lita is Roxy? (I think your whole middle name theory is a bit of a stretch bty)...

Before it's time to go

Although the story fits the last verse, it also fits with every other groupie during that time. If you listen to the demo version, instead of "Before it's time to go" the lyric is "something that show"

In summary, I don't think the entire song is about her. It could have sparked that lyric or verse but my interpretation is, it's just a day in a life type song.

The event happened two years after the fact and there was an album in between.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Price of posting

This is interesting. I can believe this story if it were true. Although we do not know the details, I think Jon and Richie have not comments about it. But she could be right.

I think Richie fu**ed her friend first, and then it was the turn to Lita.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:00 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I always though it was about the rock star party life in terms of groupies in general during the LA rock scene in the 80's...

You are saying that Lita is Roxy? (I think your whole middle name theory is a bit of a stretch bty)...

Before it's time to go

Although the story fits the last verse, it also fits with every other groupie during that time. If you listen to the demo version, instead of "Before it's time to go" the lyric is "something that show"

In summary, I don't think the entire song is about her. It could have sparked that lyric or verse but my interpretation is, it's just a day in a life type song.

The event happened two years after the fact and there was an album in between.
Do you know when the demo was recorded? That could give a clue - but yes, am guessing it could just be about anyone indeed. The reference to the Broadway makes it to me more likely (and less likely that it's LA). Plus, the fact that the name of the girl is Roxie. I mean - of all cover name they could have made up, that is a great one for Lita. There was Roxy Petrucci in Vixen at the same time....anyway, it's all just a theory obviously unless Bon Jovi themselves ever said something.

Last edited by LitaFord666; 02-21-2016 at 10:05 PM..
Old 02-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Livin' on a Post

Roxie is Roxy Petrucci, the drummer from Vixen. She's into women, hence the girlfriend line.

Last edited by Lampinen; 02-21-2016 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitaFord666 View Post
Do you know when the demo was recorded? That could give a clue - but yes, am guessing it could just be about anyone indeed. The reference to the Broadway makes it to me more likely (and less likely that it's LA)...
I never really thought about it much, just assumed that "I saw Captain Kidd on Sunset and the boys were in command" referred to the Sunset Strip in L.A. and that The Broadway may have been a bar on the strip.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a groupie autobiography written by a "Roxy" who was based in L.A. I'd have to look it up to be sure. Of course that doesn't mean anything really, they could just as easily have made up the name Roxy.