Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Man Arrested for Stalking Katy Perry Across US

Other Bands

Old 12-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Man Arrested for Stalking Katy Perry Across US

Quote:
CurrentHollywood.com: An obsessive Katy Perry fan who ominously told police he'd stop at nothing to reach the pop star was arrested and ordered to keep his distance this week....

Pawel Jurski allegedly tried to bum-rush the stage...at Perry's concert at American Airlines Arena in Miami...but was stopped by security and held until cops showed up to arrest him...

(Perry's) director of security told police that Jurwski was the same man who climbed to the 14th floor of the Faena Hotel in Miami Beach last week trying to meet the superstar.

Jurski told officers that he was a Polish citizen in the United States on a tourist visa, and that he attempted to contact Perry...just a few days prior to her concert...He even admitted to secretly following her to a steakhouse to "surprise her", and when asked by cops what the surprise was, he smiled and said "Whatever it takes to be with her."

In addition to setting his bond at $34,000 and instructing him to stay away from Perry, a judge ordered him to turn over his travel documents.
Quote:
TMZ: According to the police report, Jurski's been to at least six of Katy's shows in different cities in the past 20 days and has tried to contact her at each stop.
Sign of the times: I can remember when spending a week of two of vacation following your favorite band or baseball team was considered a cool adventure -- some Grateful Dead fans turned it into an industry. Now, it means you're either a nut or a terrorist. But why wasn't he arrested for the hotel climb -- did the hotel not report it out of fear that it would end up in the media? And in light of it, I'd also like to know why the judge didn't revoke Jurski's U.S. traveling privileges immediately (if not permanently), book him on the next flight back to Poland, and keep him in custody until it was time to "bum-rush" him to the airport!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-20-2023 at 07:25 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Something for the Posts

At least the "bum-rush him to the airport" part is in now the works:
Jurski was found guilty of felony aggravated stalking, misdemeanor loitering and resisting arrest...We're told he's now being processed for deportation.
But I still don't like it that he was out on bond. With no passport, he may have had trouble renting a car, but what was to stop him from withdrawing some cash and hailing a cab or getting on a bus? Or failing that, hitchhiking?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-05-2020 at 11:16 PM..