Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Bounce Album?

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

My least favorite post 86 record. It's decent, and I really like some songs, but the whole record is off... It's not a record I would listen too from start to finish. I prefer lost highway tbh.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Apalling album, beyond shit. If they're going to try and be all "heavy" and "rock" they should have some actual guitar solos and less shitty ballads.
I have to disagree with you on the "apalling album, beyond shit" comment. While it isn't a consistant album, in my opinion there are 3 or 4 great songs and 1 amazing song in Undivided. To this day, that is the only opening song off any post 2000 album that made me feel really excited about the album i was about to hear. It is classic Jovi in my opinion, it has an edge, a decent lyrical content/subject and a great vocal delivery. Throw in a killer solo and a less polished production and it would be worthy of a place on better albums like KTF or TD. ( I'm talking about song quality not style )

I do agree about needing more solos, but i would apply that to any song style, rock or ballad. ( a solo along the lines of I Remember You by Skid Row would be welcome in a post 2000 Jovi ballad! )

Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to RockThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I do agree about needing more solos, but i would apply that to any song style, rock or ballad. ( a solo along the lines of I Remember You by Skid Row would be welcome in a post 2000 Jovi ballad! )

Even Skid Row can't get that right nowadays
Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

When it first came out i thought hummm its OK then after awhile i thought it was rubbish. However as time has gone by and i listen to it now its really quite good. As others have said it does not deserve the hatred that it receives. The Distance being one of the better songs. Joey though is still a bit hummm for me.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Price of posting

Bounce is a good album - not a great one but it p1sses all over Crush and half of Have A Nice Day.

funny how people like Right Side.. I cant stand it but love Joey.

I also cant stand All About Lovin You but as someone on here said the album dosnt flow. Its like they picked the songs threw them up in the air and how they landed is how they chose the track order.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 View Post
One thing I forgot to add, and I know this will get me yelled at here, but I think Misunderstood is one of the best singles the band released this decade. It's got a great hook, had a great video, interesting structure. I know a lot of people don't like it cause it falls more to the "pop" side, but this is just my two cents.

i liked it but now think of it as a weaker track.
i maybe wrong and im sure someone will correct me - but i think Misunderstood was the first Jovi single since before any of SWW singles that didnt make the UK top 40 singles chart.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Old 05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
If they're going to try and be all "heavy" and "rock" they should have some actual guitar solos and less shitty ballads.

agree with this.
The guitar riffs are good but the solos are not there.
when i first heard the album i was so dissapointed.
Too many slow songs that go nowhere.
It seems after the sucess of "Always" they wanted to put loads of slower songs on the albums - but the trouble is that nearly (99%) all the ballads since "Always" have been dire.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by p34semm View Post
i liked it but now think of it as a weaker track.
i maybe wrong and im sure someone will correct me - but i think Misunderstood was the first Jovi single since before any of SWW singles that didnt make the UK top 40 singles chart.
No, Misunderstood peaked at #21 .... it actually charted higher than either Born To Be My Baby or Living In Sin.

Lost Highway on the other hand, is apparently their worst charting UK single ever. Every single from Bad Name to Make A Memory cracked the top 40

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
No, Misunderstood peaked at #21 .... it actually charted higher than either Born To Be My Baby or Living In Sin.

Lost Highway on the other hand, is apparently their worst charting UK single ever. Every single from Bad Name to Make A Memory cracked the top 40
yeah but that was to be expected of that one, a country tinged Bon Jovi is not exactly what the UL fans wanted to hear.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Price of posting

Told you someone would correct me!!
The more singles a band release of an album the worse they sell.
The first two singles are normally big sellers then by the 3rd and 4th they don’t sell so well.
I never buy a single unless the b-sides look good.
If I remember correctly the b-sides from Bounce era were poor.
Although didn’t they only release (in the UK) Everyday, All about lovin you and Misunderstood?

The album didn’t sell very well (UK) so theres no point in releasing singles.

I like a band called the wildhearts and every time they release a single the b-sides are 2 or 3 songs that you will get nowhere else – they are exclusive to that release.

Jovi’s b-sides have been on the poor side for such a big band – in the crush era we got a few more unreleased songs but normally we get live versions of prayer, DOA or Bad name!
The best singles was I’ll be there for you which had borderline and edge of a broken heart on.

In my opinion there’s nothing on a Jovi single to entice and non-fan that’s why they sell so poorly.

Tags
bounce