the girl 2 50.00%
her parents 1 25.00%
the father 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi
Default Jim Bon Jovi's moral question

k since theres alot of moral and religious discussion going on here it's got me thinking bout morals etc...

anyways i was on the bus the other day and came up with this question sfor you. answer it honestly cos theres no real point if u don't. n ones going to come and get u if u come off as evil or sound like a prick (im probably the most guilty of those 2 anyways )

k here goes. kinda deals with abortion issues.

a girl gets pregnant and the father does a runner. the girl doesn't want the baby neither do her parents.

she wants an abortion

now what if a person/organisation or company offered her money to keep the baby. u know pay for food n stuff for it's 1st few years. even tho the 3rd party knows the girl doesnt want the baby they still pressure her with the offer.

is it immoral for the girl to accept the money and keep the child?

is it immoral for the 3rd party to offer the money with full knowledge that the girl doesnt want the baby?

who's the immoral party here?

ANSWER THIS AS YOU READ IT AND PLEASE GIVE YOUR HONEST OPINION.

once i get some opinions i'll give mine

i want as many people as possible to answer all religions, beliefs, races etc.....

thanx for the time

JBJ

Old 12-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Blaze of Posting

There is no option for the 3d party in the poll.I'd vote for them,followed by the girl and by the father!
Old 12-11-2002, 08:21 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Oh Gos, i have a headache now ...
Old 12-11-2002, 08:22 PM

Gos, as you all understood is God, maybe i found a new one ...
Old 12-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default no question about it

good should triumph over evil- if a woman is in a dilemma over accepting money in order to bring a child into the world- then she is playing the role of god herself. The power to end life is hers and hers alone- if she even thinks about accepting money, it shows-then that is only one part of her problems solved-the other is getting a home, new partner etc-therfore she inherself does not really want an abortion. An abortion is a means to an end.How many women these days get pregnant to trap their man and find he couldn't care less about kids leaving them with a dilemma- how to get another man- one of my mates has just had a kid by a woman who has 3 kids from 3 other separate partners- get the feeling it won't last
i have two great kids both grown up but i still am good friends with their mum, whom i separated from ten years ago.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to joviromeo Send a message via Yahoo to joviromeo

Well to me the girl is the most important thing in this question. At the end of the day its the girl that has the responsibility of the unborn child. The decision to end the life of her unborn child is hers and one she will have to live with for the rest of her life. If she keeps the child she could end up hating it for messing up her life (ok partly her fault for having unprotected sex in the first place), but to end the life of the unborn could she live with the guilty that she will have to bear for the rest of her life. As to the 3rd party I feel they are putting sooooo much pressure on the girl to keep something that she dont particular want and to offer her money is, to me, sooooooooo wrong. Why bring a child into the world for money, by doing that its proves to me that she is only keeping the child for the money, then the whole thing swings in roundabouts again. As for the father, well he don't have a say in it if he done a runner. Thats my opinion.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:43 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to Dan

I think everyone is in the wrong in this one....

Its immoral for the father to run off.....he should still love and support his daughter

Its immoral for the parents to try to force the daughter to do what they want (as far as having the baby/not having the baby goes)

Its immoral for a company to just throw money at the daughter....when there is every chance that what they are asking her to do, could ruin her life

and it would also be immoral for the daughter to accept the money!!! She has to do what she thinks is best!!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

k glad to get a wide range of answers. interesting question wasn't it.

i notice alot fo u said the 3rd party was the most immoral in this instance (which i believe too)

heres the point i was puttign across.

this actually happened a few years back with a girl of 14 years old. the father disappeared, she didnt want the baby and neither did her parents. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SCOTLAND were the 3rd party involved here and gave the girl (bribed) her to keep the baby.

totally true story and the whole point of this question was for people to look at where they get there morals from. this isnt just about the catholic church im pointing at all religions who preach morals then do inmoral things in order to fulfil what they see as moral.

as i said this isnt a direct attack on the |Catholic church i just remember this case and have always been appalled by it. just used it as it was a good way to show what i was getting at.

any more comments????
Old 12-14-2002, 03:50 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...

?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bit heavy arent we
Old 12-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Jovi Geek

Yeah - The girl / father who didn't use contraception. The society that didn't educate them enough, that allowed them to succumb to pier pressure.

In fact the firm might be the less morally wrong, as they r willing to pay money to put stop to a life being entinguished (how many firms would do that??).

New Jersey is not just a state
- Its a religion!!