Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-14-2020, 08:02 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
If anyone from Jovi camp is watching this, shake their asses and get into it for a launch next year.
For a 20th anniversary release 21 years after the album's initial release?

But yeah, Crush would be a great one to do this for. But, honestly, so would be Bounce (let's hear those "too sad" songs!) and HAND (we know the songs, though).
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
For a 20th anniversary release 21 years after the album's initial release?

But yeah, Crush would be a great one to do this for. But, honestly, so would be Bounce (let's hear those "too sad" songs!) and HAND (we know the songs, though).
Crush was a Hit Album and have the mayor single of the last 20 years of the band. New Jersey Deluxe Edition was released 2014, 26th aniversary.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:38 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Crush was a Hit Album and have the mayor single of the last 20 years of the band. New Jersey Deluxe Edition was released 2014, 26th aniversary.
New Jersey had been planned for 2013.
Crush was a hit album in the sense of it having IML which pulled the album with it. It wasn't like New Jersey where four more smash hits were to follow.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
New Jersey had been planned for 2013.
Crush was a hit album in the sense of it having IML which pulled the album with it. It wasn't like New Jersey where four more smash hits were to follow.
Appetite for destruction (1987) was released a Super Deluxe Edition in 2018. And Pearl Jam Ten (1991) was released a Legacy Edition in 2009.

If they want, they can do it. Jon said there could be a box set though, so I don't think there will be an anniversary release from Crush or the like. A shame, since a box set is not going to cover all those gems that are in Crush / Sex Sells that we do not know ...
Old 09-14-2020, 09:22 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Appetite for destruction (1987) was released a Super Deluxe Edition in 2018. And Pearl Jam Ten (1991) was released a Legacy Edition in 2009.

If they want, they can do it. Jon said there could be a box set though, so I don't think there will be an anniversary release from Crush or the like. A shame, since a box set is not going to cover all those gems that are in Crush / Sex Sells that we do not know ...
Appetite for Destruction had three MAJOR hits, sold a butt ton of albums and is selling decently TO THIS DAY. Comparing it to the relevance it had to Crush's is just.....absolute bonkers.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:42 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Appetite for Destruction had three MAJOR hits, sold a butt ton of albums and is selling decently TO THIS DAY. Comparing it to the relevance it had to Crush's is just.....absolute bonkers.

However, U2 releases this year All That Cant .... which is not as legendary as TJT or AB, and sold almost the same copies as Crush, as both albums were the hits of 2000-01.

Why are you always on the defensive?

U2 knows how to pamper their fans with these kinds of re-releases, I don't understand why it can be a problem to relaunch Crush in a big way and remind the world that it doesn't just have Slippery When Wet.

However, if Jon is planning to release a box set and is generous with the content, would have no problem if he does not re-release his albums with unreleased material.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
However, U2 releases this year All That Cant .... which is not as legendary as TJT or AB, and sold almost the same copies as Crush, as both albums were the hits of 2000-01.

Why are you always on the defensive?

U2 knows how to pamper their fans with these kinds of re-releases, I don't understand why it can be a problem to relaunch Crush in a big way and remind the world that it doesn't just have Slippery When Wet.

However, if Jon is planning to release a box set and is generous with the content, he would have no problem if he does not re-release his albums with unreleased material.
I didn't say I had a problem with them re-releasing crush, I was disagreeing with your assessment that because they did it for Appetite, it'd work for Crush.

It doesnt....have to be just Slippery but you live in a fantasy land where just because you/we want it to be done, it's criminal that they're not. If you want an honest answer of why it's not, compare the two albums. Both were hit albums, but Crush's was off the backs of the band back together and a massive single in It's My Life. Past that, nothing resonated. Say It Isn't So made zero impact, Thank You For Loving me was a minor hit in some regions.

ATYCLB had Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation, Walk On. All at varying levels of airplay and "hit song" but literally 4 times the amount of successful singles Crush had. I'm not being defensive, I'm giving you my opinion on why Crush ain't getting a re-release.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:17 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I didn't say I had a problem with them re-releasing crush, I was disagreeing with your assessment that because they did it for Appetite, it'd work for Crush.

It doesnt....have to be just Slippery but you live in a fantasy land where just because you/we want it to be done, it's criminal that they're not. If you want an honest answer of why it's not, compare the two albums. Both were hit albums, but Crush's was off the backs of the band back together and a massive single in It's My Life. Past that, nothing resonated. Say It Isn't So made zero impact, Thank You For Loving me was a minor hit in some regions.

ATYCLB had Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation, Walk On. All at varying levels of airplay and "hit song" but literally 4 times the amount of successful singles Crush had. I'm not being defensive, I'm giving you my opinion on why Crush ain't getting a re-release.
You underestimate what Crush supposed at that time, it was a big record, their singles, they were everywhere, perhaps with less success than U2, but they had their way. That album and that song marked Bon Jovi's return to the big leagues. With that alone, it would justify an anniversary relaunch. My opinnion of course.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:31 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
You underestimate what Crush supposed at that time, it was a big record, their singles, they were everywhere, perhaps with less success than U2, but they had their way. That album and that song marked Bon Jovi's return to the big leagues. With that alone, it would justify an anniversary relaunch. My opinnion of course.
And there's nothing wrong with having an opinion. Neither of us are "right" or "wrong". I'm using actual statistical numbers to make my point. It didn't have a single hit single after It's My Life and was phased into the live album as soon as sales slowed and then it was time for Bounce. Huge monster albums don't usually phase into promoting the next thing as soon as you can and that's something the band is been real real into doing.

Would I love to see it, yeah, from a business standpoint I'm telling you why they're probably not. I could see them doing a double disc re-release but a box set like U2 is doing, nahhh.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:40 AM
The Distance

Bon Jovi skipped so many other bigger milestones. As much as we all want these releases, I just don't see it happening now.

I can see 2024 being the big year for a second box but that's 4 years away. Jon will milk this 2020 tour for three years like he did with the last album and then when he takes a break to make the next studio album, he'll put out another box set.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk