Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Recieving stick for being a BJ fan?

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Blaze of Posting

Default Recieving stick for being a BJ fan?

In ICT we have to create a presentation on anything we want. I thought about doing it on football(soccer), but a few other people were doing this. So, I decided to do it on Bon Jovi. Anyway, halfway through the lesson somebody sees this and then the whole class is taking the p*ss out of me, one person even going 'David, you just Keep The Faith, because you're Half Way There.'' Then, a girl sitting two seats away from me says 'Bon Jovi are freaks.'' Turns out her presentation was on Katy Perry, who has recorded one successful song so far? I absolutely hate music that is currently in the charts, not only because I think it's terrible but the people that listen to it I don't like.

Does anyone else get this sort of treatment or did they when they were at school?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
In ICT we have to create a presentation on anything we want. I thought about doing it on football(soccer), but a few other people were doing this. So, I decided to do it on Bon Jovi. Anyway, halfway through the lesson somebody sees this and then the whole class is taking the p*ss out of me, one person even going 'David, you just Keep The Faith, because you're Half Way There.'' Then, a girl sitting two seats away from me says 'Bon Jovi are freaks.'' Turns out her presentation was on Katy Perry, who has recorded one successful song so far? I absolutely hate music that is currently in the charts, not only because I think it's terrible but the people that listen to it I don't like.

Does anyone else get this sort of treatment or did they when they were at school?
I did until i actually put some BJ on for people and they started to get into them.
There's quite a few who really like bon jovi now. Just take no notice of them!

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Yer im laughed at for liking them, my brother called me a cunt once because of it

City Of Manchester Stadium 4.6.2006, City of Manchester Stadium 22.6.2008, Bristol Ashton Gate Stadium 25.6.2008, O2 Arena 13.6.2010, Manchester L.C.C.C 24.6.2011, City of Manchester Stadium 8.6.2013
Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Blaze of Posting

Some people even said they hadn't heard of them! But they love Elliott Minor, Katy Perry etc.

I just called them small minded.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
Some people even said they hadn't heard of them! But they love Elliott Minor, Katy Perry etc.

I just called them small minded.
If they say that, i turn around and say "So you never heard of Livin' on a prayer or Always then, no?"

Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via MSN to jade4jovi

Yep.

The same thing happend to me in high school! We got to pick a presentation on whatever we want, I did it on Jovi of course. And yeah, some people were laughing and what have you. I didn't really care much though. It just got annoying, and mine was clearly the best in the class. Sorry but it was, I got an A for it too.

But yeah, I used to get it a lot. I used to walk around with this bag in school. Tipexed with all this Bon Jovi stuff. Like Bon Jovi written on there, and some lyrics and that. And a lot of people would snigger, or come out with "Bon Jovi are gaaayy", "Bon Jovi are old", "Bon Jovi looks like a girl" etc. It wasn't just the Chavs either. It was also some of the heavy rock lovers, that loved Slipknot and Korn and shit. I'd get the odd "yay Bon Jovi" but it was very rare.

Back then, it seemed like nobody except me and one of my friends likes Bon Jovi.But once I left school it's like people are coming out of the wood works, lol. I know a lot more people that like them now since I've left there. Now if I'mw earing something Jovi related, I'll always get random people commenting it, in a good way. I think I just socialize (when I do socialize :P) at the kinda places where people are more likely to like them. Not because of that reason, but because that's just the kinda places and people I like. Like rock bars and shit. Now I'll get the odd negative comment, but more positive than negative.

You're young, and pretty mature for your age. You seem to have your head screwed on pretty well. (: Most people your age are just immature, ignorant little shits. They'll just find ANYTHING to pick on, and they'll pick on it. They are so hooked up on being "cool" and they are sheep, they can't have their own minds and like their own things. I was never that way, and that made me kinda different. I was never really into the chart stuff, I had grown up on Jovi, U2, The Police, stuff like that. Atlough these days I see lots more younger Bon Jovi fans. Like 14, 15 year olds saying how much the rock...it's awesome. But I dunno where they was when I was that age, none of them were around me except my one friend. ):

Ignore them, you're better than them. (:
Woah, sorry, that came out longer than planned, lol.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade4jovi View Post
Yep.

The same thing happend to me in high school! We got to pick a presentation on whatever we want, I did it on Jovi of course. And yeah, some people were laughing and what have you. I didn't really care much though. It just got annoying, and mine was clearly the best in the class. Sorry but it was, I got an A for it too.

But yeah, I used to get it a lot. I used to walk around with this bag in school. Tipexed with all this Bon Jovi stuff. Like Bon Jovi written on there, and some lyrics and that. And a lot of people would snigger, or come out with "Bon Jovi are gaaayy", "Bon Jovi are old", "Bon Jovi looks like a girl" etc. It wasn't just the Chavs either. It was also some of the heavy rock lovers, that loved Slipknot and Korn and shit. I'd get the odd "yay Bon Jovi" but it was very rare.

Back then, it seemed like nobody except me and one of my friends likes Bon Jovi.But once I left school it's like people are coming out of the wood works, lol. I know a lot more people that like them now since I've left there. Now if I'mw earing something Jovi related, I'll always get random people commenting it, in a good way. I think I just socialize (when I do socialize :P) at the kinda places where people are more likely to like them. Not because of that reason, but because that's just the kinda places and people I like. Like rock bars and shit. Now I'll get the odd negative comment, but more positive than negative.

You're young, and pretty mature for your age. You seem to have your head screwed on pretty well. (: Most people your age are just immature, ignorant little shits. They'll just find ANYTHING to pick on, and they'll pick on it. They are so hooked up on being "cool" and they are sheep, they can't have their own minds and like their own things. I was never that way, and that made me kinda different. I was never really into the chart stuff, I had grown up on Jovi, U2, The Police, stuff like that. Atlough these days I see lots more younger Bon Jovi fans. Like 14, 15 year olds saying how much the rock...it's awesome. But I dunno where they was when I was that age, none of them were around me except my one friend. ):

Ignore them, you're better than them. (:
Woah, sorry, that came out longer than planned, lol.
I used to have a BJ packed lunch box

Well actually, it was just a bon jovi photo printed off onto the box

Old 09-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via MSN to jade4jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I used to have a BJ packed lunch box

Well actually, it was just a bon jovi photo printed off onto the box
Awesome.

In all honestly, it just made me want to show it off even more. I liked that I liked something a bit different to people my age. Atlough, I would have loved to have a few more friends to share it with, who felt the same!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

I didn't really listen to Bon Jovi much until I'd left high school and was at college, and no-one there had a problem with it, and in university I did a flash project making a small Bon Jovi website and my friends thought it was cool, most of them liked Bon Jovi well enough.

If people do make fun then just ask what music they like - if it's any of this pop stuff from the charts then you only have to point out how it was probably not written by the singer in question, they probably can't even sing well, and they certainly don't have careers spanning a quarter of a century, or album sales past 120 million, or play concerts around the world to millions of people.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Something for the Posts

When I used to be into Bon Jovi a lot, only the chavvy people took the piss, at that was pretty rare. It's all just rock to these people, I doubt you'll encounter many sophisticated music fans in your school who actually know what they're talking about

I've always been outspoken about my music tastes, wherever I was, and I get on ok. Apparently I'm the dude who likes "old music" though (how narrow minded is that?).