Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Michael Jackson - Bad In Japan DVD 11/07

Other Bands

Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 AM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I came across some info posted on a Michael Jackson Forum regarding this product. A fan from Poland has purchased this DVD and it's now confirmed as a bootleg:

Quote:
I've bought this release almost 2 weeks ago in such exotic country like my Poland. In the nearest electro-market (Media-Market, maybe you have it too). The price was around 9 Euros but it looks worst than a best DVD you can make at home.

Inside a box

Outside a box

Back cover

Front cover

No, it's not a cover. On the first photo you can see it's like a booklet. I didn't expect a multiple pages book. And I wasn't wrong. It's a leaflet, which one side is like a cover.

On the other side there are some photos of Mike in medium quality (I would find better by myself) and some text about the Bad Tour.

Ok, let's play it!

First thing is some animation with a crow, which is doing this thing with it's fingers......argh....my english. In the background is some music from 60's. I thought I'm gonna see Elvis or tbh I don't want to.

Next is a spinning animation with text:
Crime Crow Productions, with a font that looks very similar to Coca-cola font.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 AM
These Days

Quote:
Despite of all these thing I expected some menu......I was wrong!! The concert is beggining after this animation. There is no intro with sponsors (TDK, Pepsi etc) so it's cut out. And the quality......take a look:

I didn't have any bootleg DVD and I'm very curious about this. It's an interesting thing to the collection. But if you're interested in watching great concert in your TV with DVD-player, with great sound and video quality......dl it from the net and make a DVD by yourself!

I think everyone here should now avoid ordering/purchasing this product!!!

Last edited by mo_rizwan; 10-27-2007 at 01:25 AM..
Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Just posting

I'm confused, that's the bootleg version right? The official is still to be released?
And what's the word about the boxset dvd??
Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 View Post
I'm confused, that's the bootleg version right? The official is still to be released?
No, it seems like the one on Play.com is the same bootleg. They even have the same DVD Cover (which doesn't look all that professional).
Quote:
And what's the word about the boxset dvd??
You're probably talking about a Boxset called The Ultimate Collection which contains 4 CDs & 1 DVD (The Dangerous Tour concert in Bucharest '92). That was released in November 2004 and is still available

Last edited by mo_rizwan; 10-28-2007 at 01:16 AM..
Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_rizwan View Post
No, it seems like the one on Play.com is the same bootleg. They even have the same DVD Cover (which doesn't look all that professional).
You're probably talking about a Boxset called The Ultimate Collection which contains 4 CDs & 1 DVD (The Dangerous Tour concert in Bucharest '92). That was released in November 2004 and is still available
lol, no I have that one. I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances?? I was looking forward to that one.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
I think everyone here should now avoid ordering/purchasing this product!!!

I think that's exactly what most of the posters on this board were planning to do.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-28-2007, 01:15 AM
These Days

Quote:
I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances??
Well, I've NEVER heard of that before, so it'll probably stay as a rumour.

However, there are some great bootlegs available online. Some sites have been tracked down and closed by Sony Music (Jacko's current Record Company). TucStore.Com still exists if you're interested

Last edited by mo_rizwan; 12-07-2007 at 03:06 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Michael Jackson - Bad In Japan DVD 11/07

Quote:
lol, no I have that one. I read a few times there was talk or rumour about video dvd boxset release, with all normal video's plus tv & live performances?? I was looking forward to that one.

You may just be thinking of the "The One" DVD that was releasd in February 2004, which contained live TV performances (eg Grammy's 198 which are in DVD quality. It was a single disc though. I'm still yet to purchase it myself. I've also stayed clear of the box set cause only about 10% of it is rare/preveiously unreleased material. That of which I'm not paying £40 for. And I'm not exactly a fan of the Jackson 5/70's Michael Jackson either.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 01-07-2024 at 01:08 AM..
Old 10-30-2007, 08:55 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2k86 View Post
You may just be thinking of the "The One" DVD that was released in February 2004, which contained live TV performances (eg Grammy's 1988 ) which are in DVD quality. It was a single disc though. I'm still yet to purchase it myself.
That's actually a documentary that was shown on CBS in January 2004 then later shown in the UK in September the same year. It was a special that was meant to be shown in November 2003 to coincide with the release of Number Ones, but was then postponed due to Neverland being raided and Jackson being investigated on child molestation.

It basically contains interviews with Quincy, Mya, Beyonce, Dick Clarke, Wyclef Jean, Shaggy, Pharrel Williams, Slash and a few others regarding Jackson's career.

They don't show the complete 1988 Grammy performance of TWYMMF. They just show clips of the performance while discussing the performance. They also show a few short clips from some of his concert tour performances.

But nothing on that DVD is RARE....all the clips they show have been seen before by majority of the fans.

If you're a fan, than it's a good DVD to purchase. Otherwise, I suggest you stay away from that too
Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
That's actually a documentary that was shown on CBS in January 2004 then later shown in the UK in September the same year. It was a special that was meant to be shown in November 2003 to coincide with the release of Number Ones, but was then postponed due to Neverland being raided and Jackson being investigated on child molestation.

It basically contains interviews with Quincy, Mya, Beyonce, Dick Clarke, Wyclef Jean, Shaggy, Pharrel Williams, Slash and a few others regarding Jackson's career.

They don't show the complete 1988 Grammy performance of TWYMMF. They just show clips of the performance while discussing the performance. They also show a few short clips from some of his concert tour performances.

But nothing on that DVD is RARE....all the clips they show have been seen before by majority of the fans.

If you're a fan, than it's a good DVD to purchase. Otherwise, I suggest you stay away from that too
Thanks for the heads up. I was by no means, in any rush to get it anyway. I'm not half the Michael Jackson I used to be.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Tags
1987, bad, japan, michael jackson, yokohama