Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

If you had to pick one of these...

Other Bands

View Poll Results: If you had to choose...?
Stairway to heaven 9 29.03%
Hotle California 6 19.35%
Bohemium Rhapsody 15 48.39%
Freebird 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Jovi Freak

Default If you had to pick one of these...

.. which one would it be and why?

I was talking to a mate last night and we really couldnt agree on which song, if the chips were down, we would pick over the others. All are classic rock epics but each are amazing in their own right.

thoughts?
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine

Old 12-08-2007, 09:45 PM
It's my post

Stairway.

It ticks over nicely and is lyrically superb through the intro minutes, and then turns into a fabulous blend of subtle guitar and excellent vocals. AMAZING.

Work, work, work for the workin' man!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

My vote is for Stairway to Heaven. Where the others are undoubtably great tracks, Stairway to Heaven is the only one I can seriously listen to over and over.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Gotta be Stairway for me. It has it all - acoustic and electric plus great guitar solo - not to mention Plant's vocals.

As for Freebird - I've never liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. I know that's not supposed to influence listening to the music but in this case it does.

Bohemian Rhapsody always hit me as such a sad song that I sometimes have trouble listening to it. Mama - I just killed a man.....gives me chills.

And Hotel California has a great guitar intro and some fine harmony but.....I don't think it's in the same category of music as Stairway.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Gotta be Stairway for me. It has it all - acoustic and electric plus great guitar solo - not to mention Plant's vocals.

As for Freebird - I've never liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. I know that's not supposed to influence listening to the music but in this case it does.

Bohemian Rhapsody always hit me as such a sad song that I sometimes have trouble listening to it. Mama - I just killed a man.....gives me chills.

And Hotel California has a great guitar intro and some fine harmony but.....I don't think it's in the same category of music as Stairway.
I always forget STH's solo... it surprises me every time

Freebird is no more or less than "OK" for me, and Bo' Rap (lol) is awful as far as I'm concerned. I do like the slight downtrodden feel of certain parts, but it's too broken up; it just doesn't work for me.

And yeah, I wouldn't have put Hotel California in the same league.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via MSN to Irishshin

Bohemian Rhapsody - for me the best one on the list.

Riptide Movement - Dublin - Apr 14
The Coronas - Cork & Dublin - Jun 14
Bryan Adams - Cork - Jun 14
Richie - Dublin - Jun 14
Garth Brooks - Dublin - Jul 14

Forza Ferrari!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Jovi Freak

Bo-Rap is perhaps the most unique, which makes it that little bit more special I feel - one of the most popular songs of all time...and it doesn't even have a chorus! Mind you, Stairway doesnt really have a chorus either.

Stairway is great, but only really gets better when the shit really hits the fan on the ''And as we wind on down the road...'' bit after the solo. The guitar work in Hotel California is better in my opinion, the Stairway solo isn't actually that special regardless of how good Page is on their other material.

Freebird is a monster of a song, and has the most ridiculous guitar solo on the end which makes Dry county's solo sound like the Thank you for loving me solo. And the lyrics are good, unlike Stairway and BoRap which don't really seem to make much sense.

Hohum...

Like I said, I can't pick...

Any guitarists here? they might have a different take from their viewpoint

andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 12-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Posting Always

Stairway to Heaven - hmmm i am a big Led Zep fan, they are probably my joint favourite band. but i wouldn't class Stairway as their best song by a long way. if you said to me Kashmir as one of these 'epics' then i would have bitten your hand off.

Bohemian Rhapsody - don't like. not a big queen fan. don't know why, i have never really got into them.

Hotel California - i don't like. i do like the eagles but i think this song is terribly over-rated. same goes for Bohemian Rhapsody actually.

Freebird - not a Skynrd fan, don't even own one of their albums....but Freebird is a masterpiece to me. that solo where it seems like they are never going to stop...this one just really pushes all the right buttons for me. the one song out of the 4 choices that is not played to death, and is not voted for on 'top 100 songs' polls. sometimes it seems the others are just voted for because of some unwritten rule and not on their merits....
Old 12-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Jovi Geek

Never been a Zep fan so for me Stairway is overrated and overplayed. It was a toss up for me between Bo Rhapsody and Hotel California. I went for the latter as I just love the weird vibe of that song, lol!

deb
Old 12-09-2007, 02:01 AM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
Stairway is overrated

deb
NEVER! I can't beleive those three words!