Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Blatant homophobia

NBJ - Everything Else

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 12:42 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda
Default Blatant homophobia

Is this okay? Is calling people "gay" an acceptable insult at all? Why is it that it's literally only the alt-right republican Americans that think this is an acceptable form of language? Of all things that actually should be moderated in this forum, shouldn't it be harmful rhetoric like that?

Last edited by Panda; 04-13-2018 at 12:46 AM..

Old 04-13-2018, 04:01 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I mean it's pretty obvious what you're doing. On the one hand: You can't go out of your way to annoy mods in the name of fun and then wonder why others aren't being reprimanded. You and Seb make it very tough for the mods to care about doing much here because the second one of you gets a post deleted ten more pop up.

On the other hand: It's being talked about and it's not something I'm going to stand for.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

We would appreciate if everyone treated everyone with respect regardless of our differences. But the community has to take the initiative to do that. You’re not in kindergarten.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I mean it's pretty obvious what you're doing. On the one hand: You can't go out of your way to annoy mods in the name of fun and then wonder why others aren't being reprimanded. You and Seb make it very tough for the mods to care about doing much here because the second one of you gets a post deleted ten more pop up.
To be honest, I don't really see how the two are related.

On one side you've got a few guys, including myself obviously, doing rather harmless shitposts that are clearly enjoyed by a few posters who even join in. "It's like the old days" people said.

On the other side you've got one guy who constantly gets his panties in a twist once people call him out on whatever he feels like posting today and has to post stuff filled with sheer hatred like homophobic insults.

Once the second side comes popping up the first side is subsequently punished by having its stuff deleted as well. All over one ****ing guy who just can't keep it together. God forbid this place would be anything like the old days, because he can't keep up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
We would appreciate if everyone treated everyone with respect regardless of our differences. But the community has to take the initiative to do that. You’re not in kindergarten.
I'm wondering, why's homophobia allowed just because someone posts a picture of plants with glasses on it? Which side is the one not showing respect here? How can a picture of a panda wearing a red dress be insulting? But it's great you're giving the board so many options to insult people.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

*Edited by Captain Walrus* Come on, that's not OK.

Last edited by Supersonic; 04-18-2018 at 09:32 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Tokyo Road

No, homophobia is obviously not OK, and Matt called RDKopper out on it. I don't think there's any further discussion to be had here

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Closed Thread