Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Fun Facts: Documentary

General BJ Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
The Distance

Default Fun Facts: Documentary

I'm creating a new topic because I feel like the main one keeps getting derailed with Richie vs Jon and things are getting lost in the shuffle.

I know most of us think there is nothing new but I feel there is a ton of stuff to comment on as we watch and rewatch. I'd like to keep this more informational with facts, comments, and observations.

1. Is Jon listening to the same rehearsal version of Cadelliac Man playing or is he listening to a different demo version?

2. So the Santurary 1 and 2 equipment didn't get sold after all. It's sitting in some barn in Deleware.

3. Both versions of 1989 Giants Stadium are there and seem to be in pretty decent quality (audio). They chose to muffle the audio a little on the Experience (probably until it's a paid site)

4. Jon knew his voice was failing wayyyyy before Dorethra said something. She basically said "It wasn't good" and Jon said it's time to retire but that was after the last tour finished.

I only watched 2 full episodes and skipped around a little on 3 and 4. I'm sure I'll be adding more.

Last edited by Rdkopper; Yesterday at 11:39 PM..

Old Today, 12:09 AM
Posting everyday

1. I'm pretty sure whatever that rehearsal may have been (I expect it to have been from Australia prior to the song's inaugural performance in Melbourne '89 given how bumpy it was), there are multiple takes of it on the cassette.

4. The audio on the video tape is muffled, you hear it when it switches back to the little TV Jon is playing it on. They just used the LYHOM mix released on the Bed of Roses single for the video mashup of the footage inbetween. I remember there having been a few tiny touchups or overdubs on LYHOM in comparison to how it sounded that night and it sounds exactly the same here, so it's not the raw capture from the tapes. They may still have that, who knows. Maybe only the pre-mixed ones were preserved. Or they'd have to dub the entire thing first.
Old Today, 12:37 AM
Keep the Faith

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm creating a new topic because I feel like the main one keeps getting derailed with Richie vs Jon and things are getting lost in the shuffle.

I know most of us think there is nothing new but I feel there is a ton of stuff to comment on as we watch and rewatch. I'd like to keep this more informational with facts, comments, and observations.

1. Is Jon listening to the same rehearsal version of Cadelliac Man playing or is he listening to a different demo version?

2. So the Santurary 1 and 2 equipment didn't get sold after all. It's sitting in some barn in Deleware.

3. Both versions of 1989 Giants Stadium are there and seem to be in pretty decent quality (audio). They chose to muffle the audio a little on the Experience (probably until it's a paid site)

4. Jon knew his voice was failing wayyyyy before Dorethra said something. She basically said "It wasn't good" and Jon said it's time to retire but that was after the last tour finished.

I only watched 2 full episodes and skipped around a little on 3 and 4. I'm sure I'll be adding more.
Great idea.

With regards to Cadillac Man, if have to watch again, but to my ears it sounded too clean to be a rehersal.

The Giants tapes were very exciting to see. It also looked like there was tapes of Pittsburgh 1989 as well as Hartford, CT and Worcester, MA from Feb 1993. I'd be interested in an early KTF show.

Past Bon Jovi Concerts:
21/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
22/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
27/01/2008 - @ Ami Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
17/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
18/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
19/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
14/12/2013 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney
15/12/2013 - @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
26/02/2014 - @ Enmore Theatre, Sydney (Richie Solo)
09/09/2016 - @ Enmore Theatre, Sydney (RSO)
18/12/2018 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Old Today, 12:56 AM
Posting everyday

The main tape of Cadillac Man definitely was a rehearsal tape. From the echo of an empty arena while talking to the overall sound, it was mighty close to the Only Lonely rehearsal tape from the 2010 bonus editions. And they were captured within weeks from each other.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Old Today, 01:23 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The main tape of Cadillac Man definitely was a rehearsal tape. From the echo of an empty arena while talking to the overall sound, it was mighty close to the Only Lonely rehearsal tape from the 2010 bonus editions. And they were captured within weeks from each other.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Yep, it's a rehearsal. But it was good to hear it anyway, although I noticed there were some missing words that Jon couldn't remember. Oh, it would be great if there were several takes of that rehearsal so they could put the whole song together and with some magic in the studio it would look more polished.

I liked how Hollow Man sounded in the doc, since I felt it was more organic, and his voice sounded more natural, I hope he doesn't lose that essence on the album. We'll see.

And also very excited about the new box of unreleased songs that they are preparing.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; Today at 01:26 AM..