Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

JBJ has had vocal Surgery

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-04-2024, 11:41 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default JBJ has had vocal Surgery

JBJ confirmed (no direct source of speech) in his MusicCares speech, that MusicCares payed for his Vocal Surgery and discussed this with Shania Twain.

The big test is can JBJ can make any realistic improvement singing Live anymore....If he achieves anything to 2011 Tour Voice will be an achievement. Even pre 2022 America Tour voice will be acceptable to some fans now.

John Shanks can still do tricks in the studio. But it will be interesting to see IF there will be any noticeable vocal improvement on this Album and any future Album, that's if JBJ takes care of his remaning vocal voice.

The clip of JBJ with Shania Twain is on Bon Jovi Talk Twitter.

Last edited by jovifan85; 02-05-2024 at 12:20 AM..

Old 02-04-2024, 11:46 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
JBJ confirmed in his MusicCares speech, that MusicCares payed for his Vocal Surgery and discussed this with Shania Twain.

The big test is can JBJ can make any realistic improvement singing Live anymore....If he achieves anything to 2011 Tour Voice will be an achievement. Even pre 2022 America Tour voice will be acceptable to some fans now.

John Shanks can still do tricks in the studio. But it will be interesting to see IF there will be any noticeable vocal improvement on this Album and any future Album, that's if JBJ takes care of his remaning vocal voice.
1. I told you all

2. That speaks (no pun) volumes to his dedication

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2024, 12:16 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
JBJ confirmed in his MusicCares speech, that MusicCares payed for his Vocal Surgery and discussed this with Shania Twain.
Is there a source for what he said in his speech? Seems a bit odd to me that Jon Bon Jovi, the guy with a net worth of several hundred million dollars, would have a charity pay for his surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2024, 12:20 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
Is there a source for what he said in his speech? Seems a bit odd to me that Jon Bon Jovi, the guy with a net worth of several hundred million dollars, would have a charity pay for his surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A fan said (ericgilbertJr) on Twitter that he thanked MusicCares no direct link to the speech, but JBJ with Shania Twian discussing it suggests he has had it.

Last edited by jovifan85; 02-05-2024 at 12:24 AM..
Old 02-05-2024, 12:39 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
A fan said (ericgilbertJr) on Twitter that he thanked MusicCares no direct link to the speech, but JBJ with Shania Twian discussing it suggests he has had it.
That user is a very, let's say special, kind of follower.
Could well be true, but I wouldn't call a video where Jon points at his throat while looking at her "discussing their vocal surgeries". You literally see them for like 3 seconds and don't hear one word over the crowd noise.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:42 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Could well be true, but I wouldn't call a video where Jon points at his throat while looking at her "discussing their vocal surgeries". You literally see them for like 3 seconds and don't hear one word over the crowd noise.
You can hear JBJ saying " I did too" what is that? Throat Surgery to help with his vocal cords.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:05 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Ah, given the kind of person that guy is I trust anything he says without supplying a credible source about as far as I can throw him.

In that video with Shania Twain I hear Jon saying "I did" not "I did too". Maybe they were talking about vocal surgery, but she also could've asked him about literally any other kind of surgery or just surgery in general when she noticed his scar.

Just saying that is very little information to go on to take it as confirmation that he did indeed have vocal surgery.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:09 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
Ah, given the kind of person that guy is I trust anything he says without supplying a credible source about as far as I can throw him.

In that video with Shania Twain I hear Jon saying "I did" not "I did too". Maybe they were talking about vocal surgery, but she also could've asked him about literally any other kind of surgery or just surgery in general when she noticed his scar.

Just saying that is very little information to go on to take it as confirmation that he did indeed have vocal surgery.
Perhaps if any one asks at the Q+A JBJ doing this week we may get confirmation, but I'm confident he has had it, based on whether how people interpret what he said and pointing to the throat.

Agree to disagree here, until you hear JBJ confirm it.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:23 AM
Posting everyday

If Jon really said it in a speech there, he seems prepared to talk about it and might open up about the topic.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2024, 01:36 PM
Suddenly

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
"Special"...? Okay. Haha. Idk what that means. I'm just a massive fan. That's me on Twitter though. Anyways, it was from a video of Jon speaking to an interviewer. But it was so chopped up and context could have actually been him talking about somebody else. But Jon says direct "I needed an operation..Who was there for me? .music cares was there for me" Again, might be him giving an example of someone who needed help and music cares helped them. But that's what I remembered hearing in a short clip. I just watched it again.