Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-09-2020, 06:02 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Point one, I agree with, although I'm not exactly sure about "eclipsing" him (which may be a translation error on my part). I'd be more likely to say "without opposition" or maybe "without sharing the spotlight". Not sure if either of those are close to what you meant.

The rest, not so much. If enough fans had reacted by asking for refunds or not buying tickets, I can see how that may have given Jon pause IF he had been primarily responsible for Richie not being there. It also could have drawn Richie back in, IF he had left because he felt unappreciated. But without knowing the reason for the split, I don't see the justification for it.

I don't think the fans turning on Richie did anybody any favors; but I don't see how boycotting the tour, or later projects, would benefit anyone either. If people had chosen not to support the band without Richie because they don't like the band without him, that's one thing. Or if they stop buying albums because they don't like the music anymore. But to stop supporting a band you can still enjoy, just to prove a point or to change a situation, doesn't make sense to me. Nor does refusing to support a fill-in on principle. I don't see any reason to take it out on Phil-X, just because he's not Richie.

Life goes on.

100% agree with you Jackie. Plus, where is the artistic integrity in fans dictating the musical direction. Don't record companies put enough pressure on the artists as it is. I do understand the plight of wanting your favorite band to make the music you like but to say that they must make music only to please me seems unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2020, 06:38 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
100% agree with you Jackie. Plus, where is the artistic integrity in fans dictating the musical direction. Don't record companies put enough pressure on the artists as it is. I do understand the plight of wanting your favorite band to make the music you like but to say that they must make music only to please me seems unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The point is, if you constantly complain about their shows, and their new songs, because it's always the same, the only way to change course is in the face of a sales failure, it was always like that.

What I mean is that supporting an album because there are one or two songs ok is a mistake, since we will be locked in an infinite cycle. I don't want to dictate anything to anyone, I just give my opinion: don't support this album if the 4 songs don't convince you. It's idiotic to buy and support a tour/album simply because it's ... BON JOVI (a brand).
Old 08-09-2020, 07:33 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post

I wonder if we still have time to boycott the new album. But I already know what the response of all the fans will be.

YOU WERE JUST SAYING HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE A DOUBLE ALBUM. Rolo, you gotta pick a side here buddy, you're all over the place.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
YOU WERE JUST SAYING HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE A DOUBLE ALBUM. Rolo, you gotta pick a side here buddy, you're all over the place.
What does one thing has to do with the other?

I would like to see a change of direction that breaks this whole bland thing at once, and I would also like to see a double album as concept in the future, what is your problem with that?
Old 08-09-2020, 08:27 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
What does one thing has to do with the other?

I would like to see a change of direction that breaks this whole bland thing at once, and I would also like to see a double album as concept in the future, what is your problem with that?
"We should boycott the album" and "They should give us more songs" are polar opposite thoughts.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Dry County

Quote:
The point is, if you constantly complain about their shows, and their new songs, because it's always the same, the only way to change course is in the face of a sales failure, it was always like that.

What I mean is that supporting an album because there are one or two songs ok is a mistake, since we will be locked in an infinite cycle. I don't want to dictate anything to anyone, I just give my opinion: don't support this album if the 4 songs don't convince you. It's idiotic to buy and support a tour/album simply because it's ... BON JOVI (a brand).
The problem comes down to two simple questions: what do you want from an artist and what can you ask of an artist?

I for one would would take an artist putting his heart and his all into a project, wheter I like the outcome or not (like with TLFR), over an artist just trying to please his audience any time. It's not up to you to force an artist into a specific direction, the artist should move in the direction he wants to or gravitates to.

In the past, we used to complain about Jon being in the latter camp, and now that he's seemed to move more into the former, i.e. just making the music he wants to, without chasing fads or the hit that won't come again, you're complaining as well.

As someone just said a couple of posts ago: you gotta pick a side!
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
In the past, we used to complain about Jon being in the latter camp, and now that he's seemed to move more into the former, i.e. just making the music he wants to, without chasing fads or the hit that won't come again, you're complaining as well.
If Jon was making the music he wants to there wouldn't be any songs like Knockout or Limitless on the albums. People saying he isn't trying to chase a fad are just out of touch with popular pop & rock music. All that reverb and echo in nowadays Bon Jovi is "inspired" by Imagine Dragons. We Don't Run? That's just Katy Perry with guitars.

Bon Jovi used to incorporate the sound of popular rock bands into their own sound and they were pretty good at it too. They did it on These Days, they did it on Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day but with every new release songs got weaker and sounded less like Bon Jovi. All to make sure a song would wind up on the radio.

Nowadays it's no different. It's just that popular indie bands have a sound so far removed from what most Bon Jovi fans identify as rock music that Bon Jovi doesn't sound like Bon Jovi anymore either. Their target audience doesn't listen to pop radio. And the bands that do sound like the rock music a lot of Bon Jovi fans wish Bon Jovi would sound like are way too far removed from what Jon does want to make.

I feel it's a real shame because once these new songs are stripped from all the studio trickery and are given some room to breathe there's still some quality stuff out there. It might not've given them a hit but at least someone would still be listening to it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:

Some people really like the songs and I don't think that AR sounds like the other songs at all. And I do agree with Deb. If they change the direction because of the lack of sales this would mean they have no integrity and that is whhat people here complain about.

For me, I dont think that Jon has an agenda, he writes about the things he cares about and there is nothing wrong with it.

And regarding the fact that it sounds like other artists: Jon has always been inspired by others, that does not mean he is not creative.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:35 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Some people really like the songs and I don't think that AR sounds like the other songs at all. And I do agree with Deb. If they change the direction because of the lack of sales this would mean they have no integrity and that is whhat people here complain about.

For me, I dont think that Jon has an agenda, he writes about the things he cares about and there is nothing wrong with it.

And regarding the fact that it sounds like other artists: Jon has always been inspired by others, that does not mean he is not creative.
I am referring to the way of approaching a record or song. Not the content. When Jon makes a Bon Jovi record where he lacks personality about his band, it's something I don't agree on, and I have a hard time supporting. So the logical thing is not to support that project. Others artists make solo records. What would be stupid is to constantly complain about what it has become and then endorse the product the first day it goes on sale.

I suppose if you agree with the address, then you shouldn't feel alluded to by this.

And this does not change the fact that I am interested in listening to new music, the problem is that I know what his tics will sound like. Everything is so predictable.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 08-10-2020 at 12:39 AM..
Old 08-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
out of touch with modern pop music
(...)
Katy Perry with guitars
Ah yes, Katy Perry, the contemporary super star of the season. How do you do fellow kids?

Tags
2020 (album)