Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Searching for a few old fans / members etc.

Meet-Up

Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Posting everyday

Default Searching for a few old fans / members etc.

In order to keep the YT thread from drifting too much off-topic, I decided to carry the issue over here.
There already have been numerous discussions on what kind of Pro Shot videos of the band are still around for the fans.

I've collected (thanks to Rumen!) some information and I hope to maybe find some users here with great long-term memory that might help us out here.
First off - the full Pro Shot video of Red Bank 1990.
According to some rumours - Jon gave a copy of it to MTV himself back in the day. Those were the times where stuff like that still leaked from some of the band members.

On three points there were hints to the full version (I quote what Rumen told me):
1. Where : c.a 1998-2000 / The first time when I heard/read information about this one was on one of the first BJ/Sambora webpages I've ever seen. I'm almost sure that the owner of that page was a woman/girl, because the page background was a purple one and there were some blinking hearts.
2. Later in 2000-01 a guy from the States, Inside_Out (I think his real name was Steve), who was on my ICQ list claimed that he had the full concert. Back then he said that he still has a 1st gen. copy of thаt special show on a Betamax tape.
3. The VH-1 Behind The Music documentary. I was once told that some fans were asked to provide HQ live material for it and footage of that Red Bank show is in there as well. Maybe searching the credits at the end of the broadcast might lead to more information.

Second - a full video of the band's Super Rock show in 1984 - unedited.
The source: the BonJovi HUB on Direct Connect. Didn't that use to be a part of this forum at some point?
Some user with the name of JanErik (or sth very similar) provided screenshots of it back then.

Maybe somebody has an idea on how to find any of these people with these (I gotta admit) vague descriptions. Any help is appreciated

Old 11-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Great thoughts,

I dont know if it helps much, but i was there in 1990 - both shows - one of the best nights of my life.

I was a youngin, and was just flowering skills at getting things done, but i distinctly remember, as i think about it embarrassingly often, about the man that i talked to while surrounded by bon jovi family members in the balcony of the first show - was down front for the second - wow

The man had a camera. I started talking to him and asked him how i could get involved. He showed me the camera. In my mind now i think it was a dv camera - not the supersmall kind, but not a vhs or betamax. He said there was no way as he was hired by the band to film it. It was just a guy, with a handheld camera, nothing professional or even on a tripod i dont think....maybe there was....

Ever since then, just knowing its out there.....actual silent night, cadillac man, never say die acoustic piano......

Still have my tshirt.....

anything i can do to help let me know - a great quest