Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Hall of Fame time again

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:38 AM
Something for the Posts

Howard Stern rips into Cleveland and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
(Howard Stern) is the only presenter that has been confirmed by the Rock Hall for the April 14 ceremony, which will honor Bon Jovi, (Nina) Simone, The Moody Blues, Dire Straits, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and The Cars...Jon Bon Jovi asked Stern to induct Bon Jovi...(He) accepted, but he doesn't appear happy about coming to Cleveland.

"For some reason, they must have some [strange] deal that every once in a while they'll actually shoot the celebration in Cleveland...But it's the stupidest f****** thing," Stern said on his SiriusXM show..."It's already been explained to me, through the grapevine, that a lot of rock and roll people aren't going to be in the audience, because...(t)hey don't care about getting on a jet and going to Cleveland...You want to make good television. Do it where there are interesting people to look at...

"Paul [McCartney] ain't gonna be in Cleveland," Stern said...(But he) clearly hasn't done his homework...the ceremony held in Cleveland in 2015 featured...McCartney (and other) guests like Miley Cyrus, Fall Out Boy, Yoko Ono, Dave Grohl (and) John Mayer...

Stern continued to rub it in, before admitting he's the "wrong guy" to do a Rock Hall Induction speech...Stern also joked that the..(c)eremony should be held in New York and cut to Cleveland briefly, where they can have Nina Simone's casket or her family present...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-08-2018 at 06:42 PM..
Old 02-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Anyone lucky enough to get tickets? They were sold out right at 10am for me
Old 02-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Undiscovered Posts

I got two single tickets....looking for one more if someone has one to sell...
Old 02-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Jovi Addict

**** sake anyone else think stern sounds like a moaning little bitch. Christ sake ... should have asked Pink!
Old 02-09-2018, 12:13 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGiant View Post
**** sake anyone else think stern sounds like a moaning little bitch. Christ sake ... should have asked Pink!
Since the day they were announced I kept saying that P!nk is the perfect choice for many reasons. However, Howard is a legend and he might give us some trainwreck brilliance if he turns up as cranky as he appears to be leading up to this.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:54 AM
Something for the Posts

Pink said in an interview that Jon broke her nine-year-old heart by getting married. Jon sent her a pair of his pants so she could claim she'd be in them!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 02-09-2018, 03:07 AM
These Days

Quote:
I've said that since I first saw the article. It was kinda funny when he talked about it on air, but it's getting old.

Part of the problem I have with it, besides his whining, is that I personally don't think the induction should ever be held anywhere but Cleveland. I don't know why they took it out of town in the first place. If "rockers" don't want to get on a plane to go to Cleveland, so be it. I bet most of them would manage it if they were being inducted.

Given his dislike for flying, I wonder what he would say if they held the ceremony on the west coast - or does he think NYC is the only place to find interesting people to look at? I really hope this is just typical Stern humor and he doesn't mean half of it. But with Howard, it's sometimes hard to tell.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:29 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Why would he ask someone who has a show the night of the induction ceremony?

Pink's tour dates were announced 2 months before the HOF inductees announcement.

Pink was never an option.

If Howard truly didn't want to do it, he wouldn't do it. Complaining is part of his shtick.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Jovi Addict

I wouldnt know I dont follow her
Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

https://t.co/iik1P0afWC

Guys, Alec will be there, too!
Closed Thread