Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tom Petty Dead at age 66

Other Bands

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 11:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Tom Petty Dead at age 66

Quote:
CBS News: The legendary musician...Tom Petty, best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66...(He) suffered a full cardiac arrest and was found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home Sunday night. He was...put on life support...

Petty played his last show last Monday...conclud(ing) their 40th anniversary tour (with) three sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl...(T)he tour included 53 shows in 24 states...In December, Petty told Rolling Stone..."It's very likely we'll keep playing, but will we take on 50 shows in one tour? I don't think so. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking this might be the last big one. We're all on the backside of our sixties."

Petty, who released three solo albums and 13 albums with Tom Petty the Heartbreakers, also took part in the 1980s supergroup the Traveling Wilburys with Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne...The rocker kept his hands full with his SiriusXM channel, Tom Petty Radio, as well. He personally oversaw the station and...interviewed musicians...
Heartbreaking news -- Jon used to cover Don't Back Down. Saw him live, and he sat down on the corner of the stage and pretended to sulk when the audience started singing Breakdown. He never fell in love with the rock star image, and did particularly good videos, too:

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-03-2017 at 12:21 AM..

Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Something for the Posts

A pic of Jon and Petty:

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 10-03-2017, 04:00 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Already a post on this, sorry.
Closed Thread